Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-13-2012, 07:34 PM   #31
sirex
King Sirex

LOL are actually up 0.02%, they cant even measure that accurately. the real estate agents are a scam.

prices and volume are falling. inventory is rising.

you look on MLS and they are gaming the MLS system. One day you see a house up for sale at $400,000, a week later, it's relisted at $360,000.

There isnt panic selling in the real estate market........ there wont be. What you are seeing right now is this:

- agents are relisting at lower values
- people think that prices aren't going to go down, so they are pulling their listings, or keeping their prices high, and are going to "ride it" out to the spring. (except that it wont turn around in the spring)
- inventory is going to build, and the market is goign to slow.

- what people don't realize is this:

Those who need to sell right now, due to contractual agreements, cash flow, investmnets, etc, etc, are going to be forced to SELL at a lower value. It's not a PANIC sell, it's that they have TO SELL due to other reasons.

The lower price they sell at will impact the entire market. The housing market works based on what your neighbor sold their home for.

So those that are "waiting for spring" and summer, are going to find out that those people who are selling today at the lower prices (which they are) are going to the market at a lower value.

Prices are falling and that's a fact.

Condos are over priced on average I would say by $30,000, which is almost 10% lol.

Last edited by sirex; 12-13-2012 at 07:36 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:13 PM   #32
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
My predictions:

The people posting in this thread aren't going to make money on their investments.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:22 AM   #33
sirex
King Sirex

It's all in my Rim calls with $10 strike price that I bought when Rim was at $6.50 per share.

What what in the mother ****ing butt

But be wary on December 20th when Rim releases it's earnings and reports another $500 million loss

Last edited by sirex; 12-14-2012 at 12:24 AM.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:40 AM   #34
daytona
6th Gear Member

I agree about RIM its going to a disaster when the financials are released...
Old 12-14-2012, 02:32 PM   #35
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member

RIM will eventually go bankrupt, its just a matter of when.
ericdalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:03 PM   #36
damameke
6th Gear Member

RIM is up more than 20% since Friday....closed at $14.70
uptrend continue....
damameke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:25 PM   #37
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by damameke View Post
RIM is up more than 20% since Friday....closed at $14.70
uptrend continue....
Yes, it will go up until Jan 30th and the phones are released. After that it will be anyones guess.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #38
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
Yes, it will go up until Jan 30th and the phones are released. After that it will be anyones guess.
Facebook is at $30 and climbing as well. Was $18 in early september

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:28 PM   #39
damameke
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
Facebook is at $30 and climbing as well. Was $18 in early september
36 firms covering FB and the recommendation is strong buy, buy and hold
with a high target price of $38 and medium price of $33

Down 85 cents today, if you are a long investor buy on weakness

Disclosure: I own FB.

Do your DD.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:05 PM   #40
sirex
King Sirex

yep I was going to buy facebook at $20, but I actually forgot to do it on my last round of purchase/sales..

really pissed me off when I looked it up the other day and saw it at 31 or so.

I think Facebook is good, they are actually making money.

personally I wouldn;t buy now, my buy price was 20-25..

I think Apples recent hammering in the market has been a great oppurtunity, specially today/yesterdat at 485-500$. Earnings are next week and I think they are going to have a record quarter with all the i5s theyve sold and iminis.
A lot of disinformation going around saying apple is going to do shit. I don't see how that makes sense. In particular there were some articles toting the Micrsoft surface as being more popular than the Ipad........as well as Apple slashing screen orders in half......... a lot of BS I think. I think apple pops to $550 a share next week.

And the thing is I hate apple. I hate their products. But, they know what they are doing.

I've officially liquidated all my positions in RIM and don't plan on touching it until 2nd quarter earnings. Too much going on with it. I wouldn't be surpirsed if it pops up to $16 by months end.

Last edited by sirex; 01-16-2013 at 07:09 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:04 AM   #41
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
yep I was going to buy facebook at $20, but I actually forgot to do it on my last round of purchase/sales..

really pissed me off when I looked it up the other day and saw it at 31 or so.

I think Facebook is good, they are actually making money.

personally I wouldn;t buy now, my buy price was 20-25..

I think Apples recent hammering in the market has been a great oppurtunity, specially today/yesterdat at 485-500$. Earnings are next week and I think they are going to have a record quarter with all the i5s theyve sold and iminis.
A lot of disinformation going around saying apple is going to do shit. I don't see how that makes sense. In particular there were some articles toting the Micrsoft surface as being more popular than the Ipad........as well as Apple slashing screen orders in half......... a lot of BS I think. I think apple pops to $550 a share next week.

And the thing is I hate apple. I hate their products. But, they know what they are doing.

I've officially liquidated all my positions in RIM and don't plan on touching it until 2nd quarter earnings. Too much going on with it. I wouldn't be surpirsed if it pops up to $16 by months end.
The price for apple is to high .. you would have to throw a lot more money at it just to see the interest. Your better off investing into something under $50

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Old 01-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #42
cormier
6th Gear Member

Quote:
The price for apple is to high .. you would have to throw a lot more money at it just to see the interest. Your better off investing into something under $50
Lol Apple was much higher a few months ago... Don't really see your point

I think the Facebook rally is over after the disappointing press release

I would personally love to see Apple back in the 600s, I would cash out happily this time knowing now that the stock does have a stopping point :p

cormier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #43
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormier View Post
Lol Apple was much higher a few months ago... Don't really see your point

I think the Facebook rally is over after the disappointing press release

I would personally love to see Apple back in the 600s, I would cash out happily this time knowing now that the stock does have a stopping point :p
if were talking buy and sell stocks and you have lets say $5000 to put into stocks. (forgetting all the extra costs associated with a trade)

you buy apple at lets say $550 per share you can get what?

5000 / 550 = 9 shares

now lets say you sell at $600

600 x 9 = 5400 ... profit of $400

you buy facebook at $30

5000 / 30 = 166

now lets say you sell at $38

166 x 38 = 6308 .. profit of $1308

my point is you can make more money buy more shares of a different stock because of the amount of money you have to spend.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #44
damameke
6th Gear Member

Quote:
if were talking buy and sell stocks and you have lets say $5000 to put into stocks. (forgetting all the extra costs associated with a trade)

5000 / 550 = 9 shares

you buy facebook at $30

5000 / 30 = 166

my point is you can make more money buy more shares of a different stock because of the amount of money you have to spend.
I see your logic if you have limited fund to invest but one should invest based on the evaluation of the stock as well as PE ratio not by how high the share price is.

Apple was trading at $702 on Sept 12 2012, it is now at $505 plus, so at this price, the PE is low and the valuation at this level is very reasonable, so is it a good price to buy or do you see it going below $500?

So, based on your logic, do you sell Apple to buy RIM or FB?, I personally think, it is a good move, just place a tight stop loss..
Old 01-17-2013, 08:06 PM   #45
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:

5000 / 550 = 9 shares

you buy facebook at $30

5000 / 30 = 166

By why stop there?

I could buy 500,000, 1 cent shares.

Apples share price might be high, but it's value is what you are paying for. They typically have good earnings. They have amazing financial statements. We know they have good products and are making alot of money from them. We also know Apple has alot of room for growth in China, India and much of the world still - heck they even grow here at home despite the market being over saturated.

Facebook, has alot of stuff in the dark. They don't have a good sales track record, etc. There isn't even really a good way for them to milk their user base yet.

I get what you are saying, and from a pure numbers point of view, you are right, you can technically gain more. However you can also lose alot more as well.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: