Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #16
davericher20
black and blue

I went to Spence diamonds for mine 3 years ago, it was $6500 taxes in for a
.80 round cut
I colour
SI2
The tiniest inclusion, barely noticable even looking through a loop.
With ring and 6 .5 stones in the ring

Whats nice about them is you can trade up your diamond for a bigger one and you only pay the difference. Also other guarantees that i forget about.

GL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #17
ChrisTO
∞ Gear Member

spence...it's still retail. who do you think pays for the pricey radio ads?
Old 01-11-2013, 05:22 PM   #18
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

+1 for Spence I didn't find them to be that much more expensive than some private sellers/side businesses/wholesaler. The experience was great and worth the slight premium.

When spending $4k+ on something that will last a long time I felt more comfortable dealing with a real company and not out of someone's basement. Saving the ~$500 diff I priced out on the slightly lower spec diamond that apparently I won't be able to tell the diff, I didn't feel was worth the risk of handing over cash to.

Do your research, compare the pros and cons and make your decision.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #19
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

I guess I missed this :-)

Spence is higher priced, at least more then I can give... Example - I have a customer coming over to see a 1.06CT Ascher cut stone tomorrow. G colour, Very Good cut - IF (Internally FLAWLESS stone) - $6000

Now... Keep in mind, I got this stone at an INSANE price, but Flawless for that money - unheard of...

As you can see - I've got several folks who have come to me and have been happy with their experience. Yes, I operate from home - but that means savings for you. I don't have overheads to deal with. Ultimately, it's my responsibility to ensure you have a happy experience - I want you to tell someone else! My entire business is referrals.

If you'd like to talk, PM me...

2007 Z4 3.0si

Last edited by Deep 3.2TL; 01-11-2013 at 10:56 PM.
Deep 3.2TL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:40 PM   #20
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by debunn View Post
I got an H colour 1.0 carat princess cut diamond, VS1, top grade cut with a custom setting for about $5500 from Diamonds for Less in downtown Toronto. We came back and got a matching custom ring (no stones) for her wedding band as well.

If possible, I highly recommend getting her to come with you to choose the stone and setting - my wife absolutely loves her ring, and I know I never would have picked a ring she'd like as much as this one!
That's about right for that spec, although I could have done it for about ~$500-$600 less :-)

2007 Z4 3.0si
Old 01-11-2013, 10:53 PM   #21
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davericher20 View Post
I went to Spence diamonds for mine 3 years ago, it was $6500 taxes in for a
.80 round cut
I colour
SI2
The tiniest inclusion, barely noticable even looking through a loop.
With ring and 6 .5 stones in the ring

Whats nice about them is you can trade up your diamond for a bigger one and you only pay the difference. Also other guarantees that i forget about.

GL!
Wish you knew to talk to me brotha - I could have got you more for your money. Even if you didn't want to go with me, I could have informed you of what you could have got.

Example - I have this available today...

GIA Certified stone
0.90ct
Round
I
SI2
Excellent cut
$3,879

6 x 0.05CT side stones would have run about $450 - Ring production, I assume 18K white gold? About $400. Total - $4729 for a larger stone.

2007 Z4 3.0si
Old 01-11-2013, 10:54 PM   #22
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

I'll say this to anyone viewing this thread - EVEN if you don't feel comfortable going with me - talk to me. I've been doing this since I was 12 years old (sitting in my dad's jewellery store) and on my own for the last 12 years. I've learnt a thing or two about the industry and I can guide you, at least...

2007 Z4 3.0si
Old 01-11-2013, 11:35 PM   #23
davericher20
black and blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep 3.2TL View Post
Wish you knew to talk to me brotha - I could have got you more for your money. Even if you didn't want to go with me, I could have informed you of what you could have got.

Example - I have this available today...

GIA Certified stone
0.90ct
Round
I
SI2
Excellent cut
$3,879

6 x 0.05CT side stones would have run about $450 - Ring production, I assume 18K white gold? About $400. Total - $4729 for a larger stone.
I remember you messaging me when I was thinking about it. Im sure I could have gotten a deal privately but it was a spur of the moment thing. Like a manned up moment and afraid i might not be manned up the next day (I must have heard one of those pricey radio ads that day) but I walked in, liked the selection, felt comfortable and walked out with a ring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:53 PM   #24
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

I hear ya - I'm not gonna be the solution for everyone. There's enough business to go around :-)

2007 Z4 3.0si
Old 01-14-2013, 06:30 PM   #25
DAM
Trinational 951

Deep, it's been on the back of my mind to find someone who does what you do. May be knocking in the future.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:47 PM   #26
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

No worries - whenever you are ready :-)

2007 Z4 3.0si
Old 01-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #27
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
+1 for Spence I didn't find them to be that much more expensive than some private sellers/side businesses/wholesaler. The experience was great and worth the slight premium.
To go on the flip side Spence made myself and my wife feel terrible. Talking down to us with a tone that was basically implying we were too young and unprepared to get married.

Admittedly I didn't know much about rings but when I went and saw Deep he explained to me what I needed to know and didn't make me feel ill-prepared for the decision I was going to make.

He also helped me pick a design that maximized the budget range I was in. All around great experience.

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:25 PM   #28
ChrisTO
∞ Gear Member

i find buying stones is all about trust...what gets me is it's a fricking piece of rock! that happened to be polished and cut certain way. brilliant industry...hahahaha. who else can turn a stone into so much money.

how many hands does a stone touch before it lands in our hands? that's the part of the industry that gets me. every hand needs to be paid.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:57 PM   #29
jeremy
6th Gear Member

I bought from Deep, but shopped all around. Spence couldn't compete. Nor other "brokers".

Apples to Apples, you can't beat Deep, his margins must be very slim.

I also sent my B-I-L to Deep.
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:28 PM   #30
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

I can most definitely beat Deep's prices. PM me (or Danimal) to get referral contact info of a Diamond manufacturer... basically the person (equivalent) that Deep gets his from. Just cut out one more person!

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: