Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2013, 05:25 PM   #11
AZ_E36
MOPAR M1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
you have no idea what you are talking about
Ive driven more Benz's than youve seen on the road. I worked for them. So im glad your nephew or whatever owning ONE mercedes makes you an expert.

The seats are hard and uncomfortable (except for the S500 seats which I actually liked). The steering is weak, not like a BMW which is responsive and tight. The only one that has A/C that gots cold enough to make it nice to drive in AZ when its 124 degrees outside is the GLK in light colors, because the dark colored ones take longer to get colder.

I drove a C300 from Phoenix to California to deliver a car, and the AUX input hardly works with the P1 package (had a salesman following in an E class diesel that he couldnt get the AUX to work with his iPod and we traded cars so he can do it in the C300 and it didnt work again so I got stuck back in the C300).

The GL or the R class diesel are spacious, but the R-Class sucks down gas and is REALLY slow. The gas V8 one is MUCH worse. so the diesel R-class is preferred. The GL is sloppy and has a bit of body roll when you turn. But their "ergonomics" are uncomfortable. Like on the E class with the pnuematic bolsters when you turn, all they do is jab you in the ribs and hurt.

I drove the S63, C63, E55, and the GL55. The best one was the S63, only because it had a lot of options. They have an air-ride suspension where you can lift the car up and lower it with the push of a button. Which is a CRAP option on the C63 because it doesnt raise the car enough to even drive up or down a rolled curb (like for drveway entrances) because we had to take one out of the showroom, and the big boss raised up the car, and when he was backing it down to show it to a customer, it scraped the curb and cost A LOT of money for the body shop to fix, when it was just a high center scrape on the rocker panels.

Older mercedes convertibles have TERRIBLE door sensors. Where you can hold the key fob to the handle and drop the top by pointing it at the sensor. Which only works about 1 out of 100 times even with new sensors.

they are cheaply made, and priced expensive. The door handles get sloppy, the cargo covers and cheap, its just an inferior car.

You can get mad about what I say about Benz all you want, but its all true. Go tet drive one. Go look at one on the showroom and I bet you if its black, it will have scratches and swirls, and any other color will have clear coat bubbles. The only reason to get mad about hearing the truth about benz is because you wasted your money on one.
AZ_E36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: