Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2012, 09:15 PM   #1
maceng
1st Gear Newbie

Questions regarding E36 M3 tire wear

Hello everyone,

I am not an E36 M3 owner as yet but I am doing my research to understand the pros and cons of M3 ownership. I have been researching this topic for days. What I could gather is that rear tires wear is a common problem with the E36 M3's and, mostly, attributed to bad RTAB's and/or misalignment. The alarming fact is that these expensive tires do not last for more than 10,000-20,000 kms as a result. I hope that someone could give me some logical/scientific answer to my questions:

1. Is there a design flaw with the E36 M3 rear suspension that cannot be rectified?

2. Assuming that the RTAB's are replaced, proper alignment is done and with normal to occasional spirited driving, could these tires last a lot longer? if so, please share the type of tire and the kms you were able to obtain.

Thank you all.
Maceng

Last edited by maceng; 12-28-2012 at 10:04 PM.
maceng is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: