Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #11
KIRASIR
Your Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
Where do you come up with this shit?!?

cost more to maintain? why how .. its exactly the same car with some changes to the diff and other parts here and there.

How many people cry about the awd system breaking down? I havent seen one on this forum since I got here 7 years ago

burn more gas? how much more .. I got 9.8l/100 from my E46 330xi and now I get 9.4l/100km in my e90 325xi .. how much more are you saving please enlighten me on the massive gas savings your getting .. lets do the math

replacement parts are harder and more costly? .. I don't know what others have told you but BMW doesn't put magical golden unicorns or platinum plated crank shafts in a car just because it has an XI badge. Please show me these magical parts you speak of..
Are you for real? Same car with some changes?

How about 2 extra differentials, twice as many half-shafts, and an extra drive-shaft? All of which will require some kind of maintenance sooner or later.

How much gas you ask? Go to bmw.ca and look it up. An e9x 328xi averages ~10l/100km vs 9l/100km for a 328. That's 10% -> around 8 bucks everytime you fill up a tank. You do the math.

And of course... Any particular reason why you would need this part if XI never breaks?

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154263

Last edited by KIRASIR; 12-28-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: