Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #16
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by damameke View Post
Searching through autotrader for 2008 to 2010, there are about 5 135s below $30k, the rest are $31 to $39k, so I am not surprise to see average price of $35k, so buying at your price is achiever, you just have to work harder.. lol else buy the 128
Thing is, why pay such a high price when you can jump into something brand new for a few more $$. I just know what I want, what I'm willing to pay, and if I get it, then I get it. My search might end up on getting a Benz instead or something brand new that's around what I'm willing to pay and then when I'm done my schooling, I'll just end up getting my Lotus Elise S
Old 11-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #17
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

What do you mean a few more bucks. Wouldnt a brand new one be 10's of thousands more...$20k+ by the time you factor taxes etc.

Last edited by Blackedout95; 11-12-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Blackedout95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:28 PM   #18
damameke
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout95 View Post
What do you mean a few more bucks. Wouldnt a brand new one be 10's of thousands more...$20k+ by the time you factor taxes etc.
Much more than 10K, new 135, is around $60

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/BMW/1%20S...howcpo=ShowCPO

To OP, you might want to look at the Lexus 250
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:43 PM   #19
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner

I used to work for T&C Bmw many moons ago (1998-2000) when they were at Yonge + Steeles.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:28 AM   #20
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

I'm thinking I might just wait. Wait until the spring and hopefully more pop onto the market. By then, I'll have more money down and maybe a greater selection. Wondering if maybe I should look at the 128i as well, but I like the paddle shift as it will feel more sporty.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #21
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Does anyone KNOW someone that works as a sales rep there? I'm thinking about pooping in next week as I have a change of heart and would like to get someone who I can work with in order to make a sale. Please PM the name of the person so when I arrive, I don't waste my time nor others. Thanks guys!
Old 12-13-2012, 04:42 PM   #22
///Maluco
5erholic

Are you still looking at pre-owned or are you headed for a new vehicle?

Bimmer Mag......................October 2010.....................Issue No. 93
///Maluco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:00 PM   #23
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Maluco View Post
Are you still looking at pre-owned or are you headed for a new vehicle?
Pre-owned for now till I'm done college. There is a car that is well within budget so I'm coming in with cash in hand and our car for trade-in as we know how much our car is worth with the warranty and all the details. So it should just be a test drive on our end and if we like it then we will see what they can do with our vehicle and hopefully within a few days we will be in a BMW if all goes well. I want it to be fast and painless as possible before x-mas arrives.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:52 PM   #24
Nick_V
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavocSteve View Post
Does anyone KNOW someone that works as a sales rep there? I'm thinking about pooping in next week as I have a change of heart and would like to get someone who I can work with in order to make a sale. Please PM the name of the person so when I arrive, I don't waste my time nor others. Thanks guys!
Shitting on the dealership floor is NOT the way to get a killer deal
Nick_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:14 PM   #25
damameke
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_V View Post
Lol..

To OP: Even if you know someone at T&C, you will still not get a great discount, that dealership's pricing doesnt move much, you be better off
going in with the price you have in mind, if you dont get it.. move on...
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:03 PM   #26
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_V View Post
ROFL! Nice catch!

I'm hoping that they can work within a budget and it's a last minute sale on their end to get rid of stock and that looks good on that dealership none the less.
Also not really looking to get a great deal. Just want them to be able to get us the car for our budget which I think they should be able to do.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:21 AM   #27
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

If they won't budge on the price ask for other concessions.

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'02 Regal LS
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:45 AM   #28
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slemmer View Post
If they won't budge on the price ask for other concessions.
Alright, sounds good. Thank you for the tip!
Old 12-23-2012, 08:03 AM   #29
Bimmeup
1st Gear Newbie

I don't work for T+C BMW but I'll try to be helpful. First, since you're trading in a car, research the wholesale...not retail value. No, autotrader is not a good place to get your figure from. It's full of dealers asking for too much or just scammers posting as private sellers. The best is look at Canadian Black Book for your value and minus 100 for every dent/scratch from the average trade in price. Realistically, that's what they will offer you.

For example, I went to a B dealership last week I brought my summer car, 08 TL S, clean carproof, navi + cam as a potential trade in. Knowing CBB value for my car was 17-20k I was expecting 18,500. Had that dealer look at my car, drive it around, he then took 15mins running around and came back and offered me 18k because my tires were worn and I had 2 dents on driver side door. So if you use CBB, you're likely very close to actual. The only other things that may affect value are the amount of cars available, ie. how many speed3's out there, colour of your car (some colours are much more appealing and in demand ie. Kinetic Blue Pearl sells for more than Alabaster Silver Metallic when it comes to TL S). And if you've modded your car in any way, be prepared to lose a good chunk of that money, dealers don't like dealing with modded cars because it shrinks the size of the potential buyers to people like you. They would much rather take in a stock car.

2nd thing is that while there are high mark ups and low ones, price difference is really dependant on what they have in the car. For example, a lease return from BMW financial. As we all know, residual values are high on a BMW due to the fact that in an attempt to sell new vehicles sometimes they jack the residual higher to lower the monthly payment. Before I bought my TL, I had looked into leasing a new 2012 S4 from Audi Mississauga. The residual value quoted for a 4 year 80000km lease was $26,857. Here's the thing, a 4-5 year old S4 retails just a couple thousand over and sometimes retails for less. So...if the dealer bought it back from lease, he's at least stuck at the residual + lot pack + safety + etest + CPO ( if its done) + he has make some money as no one works for peanuts. So his cost on that nice lease return is already a couple thousand higher than the residual value. In the case of the S4, he would be in around 30,000 for cost, if the CPO and safety were done properly. So if you see a BMW that is different by 14k there is some really wrong. I've dealt with North York Chrysler and they are flat out crooks. I had asked about a 2008 335xi with navi a year ago, they tell me it's Ontario car, no accidents. I asked for the carproof and it shows Quebec car, which is a red flag because Quebec has different reporting laws for accidents and sometimes you don't have to report at all. Other thing was when I went to deal on that car they tell me there's no room. They have a lot more in it, priced right and the price is as advertised. So knowing what I know, I left because anyone who tells you that is bs'ing you. After almost a year now, you can actually still find the exact same car as mentioned on their lot still, priced 2k less. So how come there wasn't any room to move earlier?

3rd thing, yes you do have a value in mind and a budget to shop for but please understand the proper values for the car you're looking at and make sure you can afford the entire cost of ownership, not just the monthly payments. You have to look at your budget and ask yourself whether its realistic with the type of car you're buying. If its not, you need to find a different car. Also, you may think you're being realistic but if your offer is anything more than 1-2k below asking, it likely won't be good.

But some things you can ask for: Free accessories (deflectors, 3M tape), a reduction in admin/registration fees (if applicable) remember all pricing you see should just be + tax according to OMVIC rules. Free maintenance (oil changes/rotations), swag...works all the time as long as you ask. These are all things you can ask for on top of a discount.

I hope this helps...this is from my personal dealings and what I've seen and heard from industry people.

Last edited by Bimmeup; 12-23-2012 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Fixed various typos and grammar. It's hard to type that much from a phone!
Bimmeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:13 AM   #30
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Actually that is tons of valuable information. I'm sure it will help many other members. I got in contact with a more then helpful salesman at T+C from another member here. Got me a deal in a half to be honest and it might actually happen depending on finances once the bank gets back to us (which should be ok because they offered us it 2 months ago).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: