Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #16
calegrant
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,268


Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
Whoa, that was deep bro. Deep!

Come live in a real city.
I have, I never once experienced cops abusing their authority. If I have a run in with them, it was because I was doing something I shouldn't have. I'm sure you and the OP have endless tales about how "the man got ya down"

Tell me more about how hard life is for you living at mom n pops'
__________________

Last edited by calegrant; 11-21-2012 at 09:17 PM.
calegrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:56 PM   #17
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?
 
bmdbley'sBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: in your attic!
Posts: 4,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by calegrant View Post
I have, I never once experienced cops abusing their authority.


so just because it hasn't happened to you personally IT DOES NOT EXIST, despite overwhelming imperical evidence...






Quote:
Pickton Serial Killer investigators were indifferent, Mountie says

23/11/2011 10:35:48 PM
CBC News

A high-profile Mountie who recently came forward with allegations of sexual harassment says investigators in the Robert Pickton case were more interested in claiming overtime and drinking than doing police work.
Cpl. Catherine Galliford told CBC News earlier this month about abusive treatment inside the national police force, including sexual advances from several senior officers.

Galliford was the RCMP's spokeswoman during the Robert Pickton investigation and is scheduled to speak at the ongoing inquiry into the case, and told CBC News some of what she will reveal at the inquiry.

Galliford says she saw numerous problems inside the investigation, including investigators who were more interested in padding their paycheques and drinking alcohol than catching a serial killer.

"They would break between noon and 2 p.m. PT to just drink and party and go for lunch, but then they would go back to work on Friday and claim double-time," she said Wednesday.

"There was a police indifference and that, I believe, is why it went on for so long [to catch Pickton], and why so many women lost their lives."

Internal disputes

Pickton was eventually arrested in 2002, when a junior officer who wasn't working on the missing women investigation obtained a search warrant related to illegal firearms. The arrest set off a massive search of Pickton's farm, where investigators found the remains or DNA of 33 women.

Pickton was eventually convicted of six counts of second-degree murder, though he has claimed that he killed a total of 49 women.

Galliford joined the Missing Women's Task Force, which was hunting for a serial killer in the Vancouver area, in 2001.

She says she learned after joining the force there was a lot of information pointing to Pickton, but couldn't understand why police weren't trying to obtain a search warrant for his farm, where the remains of women were eventually found.


Galliford says there were internal squabbles and petty jealousies inside the task force, which was comprised of RCMP and Vancouver police officers.

Becoming a target

She says she became a target, and that at one point an officer from the Vancouver Police Department told her - in front of others - that he was writing a story about Pickton in his head.

"He said, 'I have a fantasy about the ending, and it's about Pickton escaping from jail, stripping you naked, stringing you from a meat hook and gutting you like a pig,'" Galliford said. "And they actually started laughing and fist-tapping each other."


Galliford is currently on sick leave from the RCMP, saying years of harassment led to post-traumatic stress disorder and other psychological problems.

Galliford is scheduled to testify at the inquiry some time in 2012, when she says she will reveal more about the Pickton investigation.

http://news.sympatico.cbc.ca/canada/..._says/0ba310d3

The Canadian Police State (pressfortruth.tv)

__________________

Last edited by bmdbley'sBro; 11-21-2012 at 10:01 PM.
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:03 AM   #18
calegrant
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
so just because it hasn't happened to you personally IT DOES NOT EXIST, despite overwhelming imperical evidence...
Not at all, he just seems to think I'm lacking exposure to corrupt cops and would most certainly experience it in Toronto. Pretty bold assumption, one which my experiences tells me is unfounded.

So...inappropritate comments from a cop = police state? Or are you just off on one of your common tangents?
__________________

Last edited by calegrant; 11-22-2012 at 02:06 AM.
calegrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:35 PM   #19
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by calegrant View Post
I have, I never once experienced cops abusing their authority. If I have a run in with them, it was because I was doing something I shouldn't have. I'm sure you and the OP have endless tales about how "the man got ya down"

Tell me more about how hard life is for you living at mom n pops'
LOL never said life was hard. Life is in fact great. I am saving $30,000 this year and paying minimal rent to my parents. I am getting a huge bonus in December. My girlfriend is awesome and she's pretty hot. My parents house is awesome. My parents are awesome. The car my parents let me drive is awesome.

And I live in down town Toronto in an awesome house. Steps from everything. I can go out to the club or bar and literally walk there and back in 20 minutes. I don't have to pay for cabs. I don't even need to pay for TTC.

I walk to work every day in the down town core. I wear a suit to work. I work in a job that I enjoy doing. My bosses all love me. I am slatted to get a promotion quite soon which will increase my income.

My life is pretty awsome and has been for a long time.

So, keep living out in the boonies, or wherever it is and keep telling us your better than thou stories.
__________________
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:37 PM   #20
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by calegrant View Post
Not at all, he just seems to think I'm lacking exposure to corrupt cops and would most certainly experience it in Toronto. Pretty bold assumption, one which my experiences tells me is unfounded.

So...inappropritate comments from a cop = police state? Or are you just off on one of your common tangents?
You're a goof and also can't read into sub context.

come live in a REAL CITY and then tell me you need a car.

are you slow? you insult me about not owning a car. I QUOTE you about it... why wouldI then switch subjects.
__________________
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:43 PM   #21
calegrant
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
You're a goof and also can't read into sub context.

come live in a REAL CITY and then tell me you need a car.

are you slow? you insult me about not owning a car. I QUOTE you about it... why wouldI then switch subjects.
The guy with 10k posts on a specific car forum doesn't have a car for the forum, troll is trolling

Here's an idea, how about addressing the arguments I made and not just blanket condescension?
__________________

Last edited by calegrant; 11-22-2012 at 09:54 PM.
calegrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:24 PM   #22
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by calegrant View Post
The guy with 10k posts on a specific car forum doesn't have a car for the forum, troll is trolling

Here's an idea, how about addressing the arguments I made and not just blanket condescension?
You're so cool dude. Honestly, you only deserve blanket condescension.
__________________
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:29 PM   #23
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by calegrant View Post
You think a small handful of cops abusing their authority is comparable to the shit that goes on in third world countries by cops and their government? Quit with the sensationalizing, it's NOTHING like what goes on in South America/Africa/Middle East/Asia. Let me know when you've traveled the world and have seen first hand true evil being perpetrated by those who are supposed to protect you, and then maybe I'll pay more mind to your cries. Have you even experienced every bit of your freedom being stripped away and treated like a piece of dirt? I've got a friend who lost half of his family brutally at the hands of a corrupt government, he's lucky to have escaped with his life. Please let me know when you've gone through such things, again...maybe then you can say it's comparable.

Is their behavior excusable? Absolutely not, and I think any cop found guilty of a criminal act no matter the scale should be shit-canned. It still doesn't mean we're in a police state when a small fraction of an organization is partaking in this stuff. If you think the west is all of a sudden going to turn into a 3rd world dictatorship because you get pepper-sprayed whilst protesting you're a fool.

50+ witnesses who didn't have an already shot violent man crawling towards them while having a gun pointed at him. Was it excessive? That's not for you or I to decide, and that's your problem. You seem to think your comprehension of the incident is superior to those who make understanding and breaking down the events in situations like this their career, you're arrogant as shit with no credentials to back it up. I can tell you right now as a person who values my life quite highly, I'd gladly put a bullet in someone who's shown to have no concern for the welfare of others and coming at me (especially after already being shot), mentally ill or not. Cops aren't allowed to hold their lives in value either? The law disagree's with you, they're just as entitled as a civilian to put their welfare first over anyone else's, they volunteer to go into harms way. I imagine had another cop ran up and kicked this guy in the side of the head to apprehend him you'd still be crying brutality and would have posted a link to it in post #5.
There is nothing to address here. You compare apples to oranges and yet use this weird train of thought to defend your arguments.

There is no debate. There is no argument to have with you. No discussion. It's just a circle jerk.

Any sort of real conversation with you turns into making these rediculous comparisons. You do this in all of your posts.
__________________
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:41 PM   #24
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,850
Here is the break down of you lunacy.

Quote:
You think a small handful of cops abusing their authority is comparable to the shit that goes on in third world countries by cops and their government? Quit with the sensationalizing, it's NOTHING like what goes on in South America/Africa/Middle East/Asia.
Great comparisons here. I love how you talk about 3rd world countries. So because our cops don't beat us into submission on the side of the street, or line us up infront of firing squads, we should sit quiet and agree with whatever they do?

Quote:
Let me know when you've traveled the world and have seen first hand true evil being perpetrated by those who are supposed to protect you, and then maybe I'll pay more mind to your cries.
What world have you travelled?

Quote:
Have you even experienced every bit of your freedom being stripped away and treated like a piece of dirt?
Have you? Bold statements. For someone that grew up probably in Canada. Lived the in the comfort of their mom and dads place, went to school, etc.... Wow..

Quote:
I've got a friend who lost half of his family brutally at the hands of a corrupt government, he's lucky to have escaped with his life.
That happens everywhere. It's happened here before.

Quote:
Please let me know when you've gone through such things, again...maybe then you can say it's comparable.
So basically unless you've gone through tragedy you can't talk about corruption and shit going on here?

Quote:
Is their behavior excusable? Absolutely not, and I think any cop found guilty of a criminal act no matter the scale should be shit-canned. It still doesn't mean we're in a police state when a small fraction of an organization is partaking in this stuff. If you think the west is all of a sudden going to turn into a 3rd world dictatorship because you get pepper-sprayed whilst protesting you're a fool.
No, but when you rights are being stripped away slowly and surely, what do you call that?

Quote:
50+ witnesses who didn't have an already shot violent man crawling towards them while having a gun pointed at him. Was it excessive? That's not for you or I to decide, and that's your problem.
Ya it's for the police union to decide right? Or maybe the corrupt politicians?
Whats the point of shooting someone anywhere but the solar plexis or the head?? The purpose is to disable them.


Quote:
You seem to think your comprehension of the incident is superior to those who make understanding and breaking down the events in situations like this their career, you're arrogant as shit with no credentials to back it up.
You need credentials to determine what is morally right and morrally wrong? you need credentials to decide who lives or dies? If thats the case, what credentials does an officer have to make that final judgement on a life?

Someone with a high school diploma decides who lives or dies? When someone is acting bad enough to be head shot??? Really?????? That's the decider now is it?

Quote:
I can tell you right now as a person who values my life quite highly, I'd gladly put a bullet in someone who's shown to have no concern for the welfare of others and coming at me (especially after already being shot), mentally ill or not.
Someone that is mentally ill, gets shot and disabled. He is on the floor. So you put a bullet in his head because you feel.... what exactly?? You're scared? WtF?

Quote:
Cops aren't allowed to hold their lives in value either? The law disagree's with you, they're just as entitled as a civilian to put their welfare first over anyone else's, they volunteer to go into harms way.
Judge Dredd I guess.. The cop was feeling scared so decided to shoot them. Where do you draw the line??? Where/when does the cop decide it's ok to end someone.

Quote:
I imagine had another cop ran up and kicked this guy in the side of the head to apprehend him you'd still be crying brutality and would have posted a link to it in post #5.
lol, you're out to lunch man. but hey whatever man. You're right. You're so smart. You have credentials a mile long. You and those police officers.

Damn.

When the going gets tough.... don't think it through logically.. Just blow it up with a nuclear bomb. What does this mean?? this means just explode rather then think your actions through.. Smart.
__________________

Last edited by sirex; 11-22-2012 at 10:44 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:43 PM   #25
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?
 
bmdbley'sBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: in your attic!
Posts: 4,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by calegrant View Post
So...inappropritate comments from a cop = police state? Or are you just off on one of your common tangents?
lol, sad. out of all thats been posted/shown you use 'inappropritate comments' (like that was the only thing displayed) as a rebuttal to my valid points. its like a form of 'gaslighting', look it up, its a common tactic of psychopaths. in fact your lack of empathy displays sociopathy. but hey thats just my worthless opinion. anywho i should just stop & not bother engaging in discussion with you as you would seem to barely meet the prerequisites of being a homo sapien






last effort: you should really watch this, but you won't because you're to scared/ don't give a shit.


__________________
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:08 PM   #26
calegrant
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
Any sort of real conversation with you turns into making these rediculous comparisons. You do this in all of your posts.
You mean like bmdbley's comparison of Canada to countries which are true police states?

Quote:
Great comparisons here. I love how you talk about 3rd world countries. So because our cops don't beat us into submission on the side of the street, or line us up infront of firing squads, we should sit quiet and agree with whatever they do?
Feel free to read further back where I laughed at the OP's attempt to call Canada a police state. Canada is nothing like a true police state, corruption amongst athorities is not absolute power, it is simply mismanagement of people.

Quote:
What world have you travelled?


Have you? Bold statements. For someone that grew up probably in Canada. Lived the in the comfort of their mom and dads place, went to school, etc.... Wow..
I've spent 1/5th of my 25 years of life outside the country, yes I've seen places much worse than Canada. Your argument is you're going to assume I haven't, cute.

Quote:
That happens everywhere. It's happened here before.
Has it? Let me know the last time mass executions took place in Canada.

Quote:
So basically unless you've gone through tragedy you can't talk about corruption and shit going on here?
You can talk about corruption, just don't assume the entire system is corrupt because of a few bad apples.

Quote:
No, but when you rights are being stripped away slowly and surely, what do you call that?
I don't call it a police state, nor should you. Misuse of words ftl.

Quote:
Ya it's for the police union to decide right? Or maybe the corrupt politicians?
Whats the point of shooting someone anywhere but the solar plexis or the head?? The purpose is to disable them.
So it's corruption because the large group of professionals (lawyers, experts and other court members) who had access to infinitely more than you did with your 3 minute video came to a different conclusion? Talk about being predisposed to belief.

Quote:
You need credentials to determine what is morally right and morrally wrong? you need credentials to decide who lives or dies? If thats the case, what credentials does an officer have to make that final judgement on a life?

Someone with a high school diploma decides who lives or dies? When someone is acting bad enough to be head shot??? Really?????? That's the decider now is it?
You do need credentials to decide whether or not it was justified, that's why it went to court you jackass. You also need to know the entire story, which you do not. Stop thinking everyone's wrong because they don't give a yay or nay after a 3 minute youtube clip.

Quote:
lol, you're out to lunch man. but hey whatever man. You're right. You're so smart. You have credentials a mile long. You and those police officers.

Damn.
Where did I say I'm right? I admitted that I'm not in the position to make the call whether or not the shooting was justified. You however seem to think you are based on a 3 minute video clip, who's the arrogant one here? You can't say because someone was on the ground that shooting them was wrong, you don't have access to all the information therefore you cannot possibly be the jury on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
lol, sad. out of all thats been posted/shown you use 'inappropritate comments' (like that was the only thing displayed) as a rebuttal to my valid points. its like a form of 'gaslighting', look it up, its a common tactic of psychopaths. in fact your lack of empathy displays sociopathy. but hey thats just my worthless opinion. anywho i should just stop & not bother engaging in discussion with you as you would seem to barely meet the prerequisites of being a homo sapien

So I'm a sociopath because I don't jump the gun and throw this cop under the bus after seeing a grainy video with no additional information? Riiiiight.

What's scary is someone like you who's so quick to condemn instead of hearing the whole story. I say someone like you because so many are quick to pass a verdict of guilty to any cop who uses violence. I admit that some of the laws recently passed giving cops authority are bogus, but I reiterate that there is a huge gap between our current state of affairs and the problems true police stats are facing.

As for my inappropriate comments reply, that was in a reply to that post and was me laughing at you thinking that strengthened your call of a police state.

I actually watch most of the videos you post if they're in threads I decide to post in. Your assumption that I don't give a shit/am scared (wtf, of what?weak attempt at insult is weak) because I come to a different conclusion than you is a sign of your arrogance. If someone doesn't think like you, they're wrong and narrow minded. You're such a special snowflake.
__________________
calegrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:28 PM   #27
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,850
you're right. you're so smart. the pro's - e.i. the police union, can decide whether or not they over stepped their bounds.

Judge, jury, executioner, all in one.
__________________
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:23 PM   #28
calegrant
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,268
You're assuming they overstepped their boundaries, again based on your viewing of a grainy video in which the actually shooting isn't even visible. Like I said, you can't make that judgement call as you're not fully in the loop. You don't know the particulars of the case, so give it a ****ing rest with being an expert on how the situation should've been handled. It's not about being smart, it's about accepting you don't know shit. Should it be reviewed once again? Sure, the family is entitled to that.

The judicial system, not cops but lawyers came to the conclusions that have left the officer uncharged. Are the courts now in on it too?
__________________
calegrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:46 AM   #29
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
LOL never said life was hard. Life is in fact great. I am saving $30,000 this year and paying minimal rent to my parents. I am getting a huge bonus in December. My girlfriend is awesome and she's pretty hot. My parents house is awesome. My parents are awesome. The car my parents let me drive is awesome.

And I live in down town Toronto in an awesome house. Steps from everything. I can go out to the club or bar and literally walk there and back in 20 minutes. I don't have to pay for cabs. I don't even need to pay for TTC.

I walk to work every day in the down town core. I wear a suit to work. I work in a job that I enjoy doing. My bosses all love me. I am slatted to get a promotion quite soon which will increase my income.

My life is pretty awsome and has been for a long time.

So, keep living out in the boonies, or wherever it is and keep telling us your better than thou stories.
No wonder you dont like Rob Ford.

your a downtown PINKO, who in actuality rides his one speed to work and hate the fact that they removed the bike lanes on Jarvis even though you dont even bike along jarvis. You probably wear thick framed glasses because its trendy.

you go to the "Early Morning Bean Coffee House" for your morning brew because Tim Hortons and Starbucks are "evil corporations". You go to that same coffee house friday nights with all your pinko friends to listen to some no name artist play about his guitar, and inbetween breaks you get high because it "enlightens your spirit".


calegrants words are true what he has said about third world countries, and what you stated about your; job, lifestyle, place of residence. only reaffirms calegrants point.
ericdalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #30
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdalinda View Post
No wonder you dont like Rob Ford.

your a downtown PINKO, who in actuality rides his one speed to work and hate the fact that they removed the bike lanes on Jarvis even though you dont even bike along jarvis. You probably wear thick framed glasses because its trendy.

you go to the "Early Morning Bean Coffee House" for your morning brew because Tim Hortons and Starbucks are "evil corporations". You go to that same coffee house friday nights with all your pinko friends to listen to some no name artist play about his guitar, and inbetween breaks you get high because it "enlightens your spirit".


calegrants words are true what he has said about third world countries, and what you stated about your; job, lifestyle, place of residence. only reaffirms calegrants point.

HAHAHAHAHA

I like how you try to be smart. If you read my post, then anyone with half a brain would see that I am not a pinko. I just bragged about getting a huge salary and a promotion. Pinko's that ride 1 speed bikes, hate "Corporations", smoke pot and listen to name artists on their guitar are usually hippies without jobs.

When someone misses the mark so bad, just like you have, I question your ability to put 2 and 2 together. It's quite interesting that some one that proclaims that Rob Ford is great, and agrees so strongly with MR Calegrant, can't use basic logic to figure people out.

What am I trying to say here? It's hilarious that you MISS the mark on me so badly.. I wonder what else you don't seem to understand/comprehend.
__________________
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015