Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-07-2012, 06:55 AM   #1
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member

Can someone tell me why everyone hates Rob Ford?

I'm having trouble realizing why everyone hates Rob Ford?

He's actually turning out to be the best mayor on record... with the removal of car registration tax and the pushing of subways. (He needs the provincial liberals to help but they won't)

I really think the media made it "cool" to hate a political leader and that's very very sad.
ericdalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:05 AM   #2
BigD
the misanthropist

I think his main problem is that he believes that your results is all you need to speak for you. It just doesn't work like that in politics and the further he goes, the more the sensationalism business... I mean "news", salivates at his behavior. He tells you what he thinks, he does what he feels is right, with no explanation or qualification. From there it's just bullying. The tabloids, I mean news agencies, chomp at every bit of half truth that pops up about him, makes a massive, world ending deal out of it, knowing that he won't waste his time holding press conferences, explaining everything, making them look stupid. Then by the time it turns out to be nothing, there's no follow up or apology, since they know the lemmings don't really care about truth, they just want entertainment, so they move on to the next thing.

I think he's done. You can't survive in politics this way, you have to think about how anything you do could be perceived and used against you - he thinks about what's the right thing to do. It's like that scene from Contact with the exchange between Tom Skerritt's character and Jodie Foster's:
-I know you must think this is all very unfair. Maybe that's an understatement. What you don't know is I agree. I wish the world was a place where fair was the bottom line, where the kind of idealism you showed at the hearing was rewarded, not taken advantage of. Unfortunately, we don't live in that world.

-Funny, I've always believed that the world is what we make of it.

So when did it become cool to do this? When it became cool for people to make snap judgement based on incomplete information, because it's entertaining. Like this whole bus thing. It wasn't until now that the police came out and said the mayor had nothing to do with the bus being called. If the tabloids cared about getting the story right, one phone call to the cops, and they would have had it cleared up. But it doesn't work that way anymore, lemmings need to be fascinated, so they can then chirp about the gossip and be interesting. Man I hate people.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:12 AM   #3
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member

Very good reply BigD because I've done a lot of thinking of what Ford has done as a politician and he's actually doing a stand up job. Critics of him can only really say "LOL HE READS WHILE DRIVING" and that's actually a terrible argument.

I will definitely vote for him in the next election based solely on the job he has done. A fantastic one.
But alas I really think the debates will consist of Jabs such as "well Mr. Ford did you read that in the paper while driving? LULZ" and the crowd will erupt in laughter along with the votes.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:25 AM   #4
BigD
the misanthropist

I think you give the lemmings too much credit. Then again, I have about as much faith in humanity as in a pack of wolves guarding sheep.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:56 AM   #5
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

That what happens when someone tries something out of the "accepted norm" whatever that is - tow the line, walk the talk, etc.

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:05 AM   #6
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Maybe because he's overweight?
Old 11-07-2012, 10:27 AM   #7
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
policies aside, he has to be one of the stupidest, fatest, most ego maniacal mayors i've ever seen. he is corrupt as all hell, flagrantly ignores policies at city hall, and wont talk to one of the nations largest newspapers.

his policies are also ****ed up, despite the fact that i hated miller his subway plan was good, and would've worked.

I can't believe anyone in their right mind would ever support this guy.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:31 PM   #8
sirex
King Sirex

Oh ya. Ford is soo smart.

He came into office to cut the gravy train, then spends 2.5 million$$$ and asks KPMG to find where to cut.

But hey MPAC raising our taxes, TTC fares going up, and some over grown fat ass stomping his feet YELLING SUBWAYS SUBWAYS!!! is whats going to fix our problems.

Because you know we need subways in Scarborough, where population density is 50 people per SQ KM...

Yep!!
Old 11-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #9
sirex
King Sirex

Harper is also amazing. Pushing the real estate buble sinces thats all the con's care about.

Real estate and oil.

So amaazing. Yea, our economy is chugging along great.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:42 PM   #10
sirex
King Sirex

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/10/29...act-on-toronto

Quote:
Ford encouraged residents to “be smart” and take care of their families first.

“Look out for your neighbours second,” he said.
With quotes like this, this guy is a genius.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:45 PM   #11
sirex
King Sirex

This must be the global mail digging at half truths....
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle4854008/

Quote:
There are so many good reasons to get mad at Toronto Mayor Rob Ford. Ditching work to coach high school football isn’t one of them.

He yells at reporters who snoop around behind his house, he phones the cops when television cameras and comedians chase him up his driveway, he forgets things such as being arrested in another country and then backtracks when he realizes he’s been caught.

video

Video: Toronto Mayor Rob Ford marks two years in office

video

Video: Toronto Mayor flagged for use of staffers to run his football teams

video

Video: Toronto Mayor Rob Ford evades media following court hearing

There are even football related things to get mad about – the Star reported the Mayor demanded millions in provincial funding to fix the field only his team enjoys, and that whole thing about voting in council over his collection of money for his team that could ultimately cost him his job. And who knows why his players were taken back to the school on a city bus after their game Thursday.

But leaving work for a few hours each week to volunteer as a coach? Come on.

Here’s the most recent case against the Mayor: While council debated a multi-billion transit deal with Metrolinx, the Mayor was prepping his team to play a semi-final game across town. He coached the game (they won) and then he came back and rejoined the debate.

No votes were lost. No policies were changed. Council did not need to pack things up because they were rudderless without their leader. At worst he missed a few hours of speeches that wouldn’t be likely to sway him anyway– he likely read all of the reports prior to the debate (likely while driving down a highway, but that’s a different thing altogether) and his position is hardly a secret.

So he left, as he has done before. And as he has done previously, he became incredibly blustery and defensive when asked why he insists on coaching football when other important business is going on. He’s probably a little touchy, mind you, after a bunch of councillors and advisers recently held an intervention at his mother’s house telling him to coach less and ‘to mayor’ more. That has to be annoying.

“If I’m [not] there what are we going to do, just forfeit the game?” he said in published reports. “These kids live, this is their education that rides on these games … If I got hit by a car obviously someone would have to do it but as the head coach it is an irresponsible thing to do and if I wasn’t there things would have gotten out of hand.”

And here we get to the heart of the Mayor’s football problems – his messaging is all wrong. Here’s what he should have said: “I’ve coached football for decades, as everyone knows. I know people think this is taking up a lot of my time – that’s something I’m going to have to think about through the winter. But today was a really special day for these kids, many of whom have stayed in school largely because of the adult interaction and guidance they have received from the football program. My job is the most important thing in the world to me, but I felt I could step out for a little while and help these kids finish what they started. The championship game is coming, I hope everyone in the city comes out and gives them some support.”

There are so many good reasons to get mad at Rob Ford. It’s a shame he makes it so easy for so many people to pick the wrong one.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:51 PM   #12
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member

What proof do you have of him being corrupt??? If anything rob Ford welcomes transparency a type of trait a corrupt politician would hate. David miller was one of the most secretive mayors ever.

And which of his policies are ****ed up? He has cut a tax something a mayor of Toronto has not done in a very very long time.

Pro prone, this is exactly my point. The nay sayers of rob ford really only can comment on him being "stupid" or fat.

KPMG really?... what about David miller removing GTA gun ranges because he thinks it increases crime LOL.

And sirex rob ford is pushing for subways while not increasing taxes. Something all mayors in this election would not do... tax first, pay for subways. Not enough money? Tax more.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:59 PM   #13
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdalinda View Post
And sirex rob ford is pushing for subways while not increasing taxes. Something all mayors in this election would not do... tax first, pay for subways. Not enough money? Tax more.
I bolded that so you could figure out how silly that sounds.

Let me know if you need more details to figure it out.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:59 PM   #14
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member

Sirex you posted an article regarding rob ford leaving council.. really displaying is absenteeism.

You know the day of Halloween council debated for 3 full hours on when they should call it a day for Halloween?

Should we take lunch? Half hour lunch? 1 hour lunch? A motion to work through till 6?
This process took 3 hours.
When rob ford got back from his coaching (something not one politician does by the way) he worked... and he worked hard too.

The media obviously doesn't report when rob ford stays at the office for 15+ hours speaking to individuals regarding what should be done with the city.

You don't read about it, like BigD said your a lemming you read what the media tells you and you suck it up like a thirsty dog.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:06 PM   #15
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdalinda View Post
Sirex you posted an article regarding rob ford leaving council.. really displaying is absenteeism.

You know the day of Halloween council debated for 3 full hours on when they should call it a day for Halloween?

Should we take lunch? Half hour lunch? 1 hour lunch? A motion to work through till 6?
This process took 3 hours.
When rob ford got back from his coaching (something not one politician does by the way) he worked... and he worked hard too.

The media obviously doesn't report when rob ford stays at the office for 15+ hours speaking to individuals regarding what should be done with the city.

You don't read about it, like BigD said your a lemming you read what the media tells you and you suck it up like a thirsty dog.

Lol, it's well documented that he left during an important issue regarding metrolinx. Whether you know what metrolinx means for the city of Toronto or not, I don't know.. But it's a pretty big deal.

But hey, you know whats funny, that MR Ford campaigned hard against the gravy train. Those fat councilors using the CITIES money for their own things... Meanwhile MR Ford goes and does exactly WHAT HE CAMPAIGNED to put an end too.

Is MR Ford above us? Above trhe average man? above the other people?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: