Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 07:39 PM   #1
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member
 
El Gato Liso's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brampton
Posts: 3,137
This one is for the iPhone/smartphone junkies regarding plans



My blackberry is finally starting to give in...

I have been with telus for 6 years and gave them a call today.

I'm still deciding on either iPhone 5 and Samsung 3.

Now I will admit, I know a lot...but I really don't know much about data and phones nowadays because I never particularly seen them as a must have.

I would like to know, if what was put together for me is good or not. I think the new plan applies to either phone.

OLD PLAN
-------------
Blackberry 8330 (google that shit!)
250 minute talk plan for $20
Unlimited text
Blackberry Social Networking (BBM, FB, Twit, myspace) $15
Call waiting/forwarding
system access fee
6 PM Weekend/evenings
$42 +tax


New Plan
-----------
iPhone 5 / Samsung 3
300 minutes
unlimited text in and out pictures voice included
call waiting
call forwarding
conference calling
1 gig data
5pm evenings / weekend
voice mail
$50 + tax


I know the old plan is worse than the new plan, but in terms of plans today...data and such, I am not so sure where the new plan stands...

Thanks in advance!

finally, soon people can stop complaining about having a blackberry more than I complain about my phone itself :p
__________________
R.I.P. E30
El Gato Liso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
ZiMMie
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: T-Dot
Posts: 9,961
Send a message via ICQ to ZiMMie Send a message via MSN to ZiMMie
try to bargain with them and get this below deal for the $50.

Fido is now offering this for 57+taxes, see if they can beat it.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/10/25/fi...-and-1gb-data/

- Call Display with Name Display and WhoCalled
- Canada-Wide Calling
- Visual Voicemail Plus
- 2,500 Call Forwarding minutes
- Unlimited Incoming/Outgoing/Picture and Video messaging
- Unlimited Anytime minutes
- Unlimited Incoming calls
- Unlimited Evenings and weekends
- Unlimited Canada-wide long distance
- 1GB data
__________________
#E36-S54 #CSLWannabe
ZiMMie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:56 PM   #3
LOSO
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 162
Just wait for BB10 lol.
LOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:48 PM   #4
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member
 
El Gato Liso's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brampton
Posts: 3,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiMMie View Post
try to bargain with them and get this below deal for the $50.

Fido is now offering this for 57+taxes, see if they can beat it.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/10/25/fi...-and-1gb-data/

- Call Display with Name Display and WhoCalled
- Canada-Wide Calling
- Visual Voicemail Plus
- 2,500 Call Forwarding minutes
- Unlimited Incoming/Outgoing/Picture and Video messaging
- Unlimited Anytime minutes
- Unlimited Incoming calls
- Unlimited Evenings and weekends
- Unlimited Canada-wide long distance
- 1GB data
thanks!

but this part confuses me:

-Unlimited Anytime minutes
- Unlimited Incoming calls
- Unlimited Evenings and weekends

wouldnt any time include evenings and weekends in that case?


and neil guy bb10 is going to replace my new phone, don't worry dude
__________________
R.I.P. E30
El Gato Liso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:25 AM   #5
bmwmck
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Munich
Posts: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiMMie View Post
try to bargain with them and get this below deal for the $50.

Fido is now offering this for 57+taxes, see if they can beat it.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/10/25/fi...-and-1gb-data/

- Call Display with Name Display and WhoCalled
- Canada-Wide Calling
- Visual Voicemail Plus
- 2,500 Call Forwarding minutes
- Unlimited Incoming/Outgoing/Picture and Video messaging
- Unlimited Anytime minutes
- Unlimited Incoming calls
- Unlimited Evenings and weekends
- Unlimited Canada-wide long distance
- 1GB data
Holy sh!t that is good. Is it just me or is this plan pretty much unlimited everything? (1gb of data is basically unlimited these days with wifi almost everywhere)

I'm thinking I'll pick up the new Nexus 4 w/ no contract and give Fido a call.

OP, tell Telus about that plan and see what their retention specialists can do to persuade you to stay with them
bmwmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:07 AM   #6
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator
 
T.Dot_E30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: T.Dot
Posts: 9,492
For me $8/mth for 1gb of data is worth it. But it all depends on your use and if having data anywhere would be worth the extra for you.

I'd take the $50/mth over the Fido plan because I find these days I rarely come close to using my daytime minutes, but your case might be different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmck View Post
(1gb of data is basically unlimited these days with wifi almost everywhere)
I wouldn't say 1gb of data is anywhere close to unlimited these days, the newer smartphones such as the iPhone5 & S3 can consume alot of data without knowing it especially with LTE.
__________________
T.Dot_E30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:56 AM   #7
bmwmck
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Munich
Posts: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
I wouldn't say 1gb of data is anywhere close to unlimited these days, the newer smartphones such as the iPhone5 & S3 can consume alot of data without knowing it especially with LTE.
I suppose it depends on your situation too. For me, spending most of my time at school means I'm typically always in a wifi zone. I've had 1gig with my iPhone 4 (granted it is only 3G) for the last 2 years and normally I only use about 600-800MBs a month.
bmwmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:27 PM   #8
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member
 
El Gato Liso's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brampton
Posts: 3,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
For me $8/mth for 1gb of data is worth it. But it all depends on your use and if having data anywhere would be worth the extra for you.

I'd take the $50/mth over the Fido plan because I find these days I rarely come close to using my daytime minutes, but your case might be different.
Well shoot, I never looked at it that way. $8 more for 1 gig, call display, voice mail...that makes it sound much better I suppose!

I too don't really talk on the phone either. The texting/data would have much more emphasis on usage.
__________________
R.I.P. E30
El Gato Liso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:04 PM   #9
Junaid
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gato Liso View Post
Well shoot, I never looked at it that way. $8 more for 1 gig, call display, voice mail...that makes it sound much better I suppose!

I too don't really talk on the phone either. The texting/data would have much more emphasis on usage.

Ya but it's Canada wide minutes. Meaning you never have to worry about long distance in Canada ever again. When you do you cross country trip use the phone all you want without worry about paying that $0.45 per minute long distance.

I have 6GB data and i have never used that much data but I have always used more than 1GB. This was with the galaxy s2 and now the iphone 5
__________________


Needs more mods
Junaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:32 PM   #10
lvan
6th Gear Member
 
lvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Location
Posts: 5,226
Send a message via MSN to lvan
I am on Bell without a contract since I got my HTC as a gift, but I am wondering how is Rogers when it comes to billing, any errors? I have no issues with bell since I can cancel anytime. Is it worth getting Samsung S3 and being locked in a contract for three years?
__________________
-2013 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport
-2006 Bianchi Reparto Corse - Handmade in Italy (Does your bike need a pro-tune up? PM ME)
-1991 BMW 318i (SOLD)
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:15 PM   #11
Oyster
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 653
Send a message via MSN to Oyster
I am with rogers
6GB data shared ($30)
300min ($18)
6 PM Weekend/evenings
voice mail, call forwarding, call id and wait
200 sms
iphone 5 64 fot $380
all fees included

$48+ tax

For $11, I can get 300 Long distance north america with early 5 PM Weekend/evenings + 500sms
__________________

Last edited by Oyster; 11-01-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:56 PM   #12
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator
 
T.Dot_E30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: T.Dot
Posts: 9,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvan View Post
I am on Bell without a contract since I got my HTC as a gift, but I am wondering how is Rogers when it comes to billing, any errors? I have no issues with bell since I can cancel anytime. Is it worth getting Samsung S3 and being locked in a contract for three years?
If you have a decent plan just stick with Bell until you need a phone. Then start shopping around for a better deal. The longer you wait the better phone you'll get as they are always comin out with new phones.
__________________
T.Dot_E30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:25 PM   #13
lvan
6th Gear Member
 
lvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Location
Posts: 5,226
Send a message via MSN to lvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
If you have a decent plan just stick with Bell until you need a phone. Then start shopping around for a better deal. The longer you wait the better phone you'll get as they are always comin out with new phones.
My plan comes out to $38 incl tax, and this is what I get;

-250 or 300 daytime (not sure 100%)
-Caller ID
-Message
-Some long distance
-Unlimited texting for local
-200 overseas text
-No data at all

The other day I played with my buddies' Samsung S3 that he just got, and I am not sure if it is much better over my old HTC Desire Z to justify the 3 year term or 7 bills. The Android is not much faster that he has on the S3. I mean it's a nice phone, but not worth $700 or 3 year term when my phone serves me well. On top of that, with all android apps, I don't think I got bored of my phone, and it's two years old...
__________________
-2013 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport
-2006 Bianchi Reparto Corse - Handmade in Italy (Does your bike need a pro-tune up? PM ME)
-1991 BMW 318i (SOLD)
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #14
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!
 
Axxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oakville
Posts: 9,773
My plan is similar to the fido one above, just 3gb data and $60 / month with rogers.
__________________

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:40 PM   #15
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,834
250 day tim min
250 income min
6gb data
2500 text msgs
caller id
voicemail
conference calling
call waiting
unlimited evening starting at 5pm
unlimited weekend

$56 all in with taxes. with rogers
__________________
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015