Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #16
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
I guess... solely for the bling factor because I doubt they would be an improvement in performance compared to the "little" boxsters.

what is the bias on your new set up?
Adding more pistons doesn't really make you stop faster, they just add modulation.

As for the bias on my setup, I would assume its around what an E46 M3 is considering it's using CSL rotors... might have to play with compounds if I feel it to be necessary though.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #17
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

bias has a lot more to do with other things than rotor diameter. piston diameter plays a big role.....id hit up some online calcs to check it out. likely fine but id want to make sure.

you come from audi/vw world where they try to find the biggest shit possible and bolt it on . doesnt mean better braking or modulation compared to a 4 or 6 piston set up. just more bling really at the end of the day. Which is fine ..just as long as you realize that

really you can only break as hard as you have grip. if you can over come your grip easily than its doing you no good. more heat soak helps too but even oem brakes dont have that issue typically on e36 m...(i know you have a 328 baller turbo )
Old 10-15-2012, 09:42 AM   #18
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
bias has a lot more to do with other things than rotor diameter. piston diameter plays a big role.....id hit up some online calcs to check it out. likely fine but id want to make sure.

you come from audi/vw world where they try to find the biggest shit possible and bolt it on . doesnt mean better braking or modulation compared to a 4 or 6 piston set up. just more bling really at the end of the day. Which is fine ..just as long as you realize that

really you can only break as hard as you have grip. if you can over come your grip easily than its doing you no good. more heat soak helps too but even oem brakes dont have that issue typically on e36 m...(i know you have a 328 baller turbo )
as with most bigger/multi-piston calipers, the ones on on the 18Z and my 8 piston version are staggered in size to control pad wear.

I didn't buy my kit based on size or piston count like you seem to think. I bought it due to price and due to the stock 328i brakes being crappy.

Also for my driving style and power goals even M3 brakes will be too small. Of course the bling never hurts either

As for tire grip, I'll be rocking these:

Old 10-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #19
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

where did you grab those?
Old 10-15-2012, 12:52 PM   #20
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

the tires?

I ordered online since Federal tires seem to be seasonal in north america.

ordered from tires-easy.ca

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: