(Faint) brake-engagement when driving...
Trying to narrow down an issue...
- [assumption] occurs only driving over 50kph
- gentle brake engagement intermittently (every 5-10 seconds for 1-2 seconds)
- only occurs on throttle, not when coasting
- appears to happen quicker between engagements at higher speed (eg 100kph)
- not enough braking to stop but enough to feel and notice a very slight drop in revs/speed -- very, very slight
- seems like only passenger front by sound and lots more brake dust
- caliper rebuild and disc refinish
There are no lights, no codes, nothing other than the faint grinding sound every so often. It's "on / off" grind/sanding sound without any apparent fade.
It APPEARS to have a pattern when driving at a constant speed on throttle (eg. 2 sec on, 4 sec off, repeat) but unquantified.
Car is a 2002 540i so it has DSC. Again, no lights are on or turn on when that happens. Also happens if DSC is turned off (just for the heck of it).
I want to try and see if the sound timing is exactly the same every time at a certain speed, but beyond that, I'm stumped.