Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #91
E39M5
2nd Gear Member

Great powder day for Blue! Even the glades were fun today. Once they groom it out, tomorrow should give us hero snow. I'm pumped to get out early tomorrow
E39M5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:09 AM   #92
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by E39M5 View Post
Great powder day for Blue! Even the glades were fun today. Once they groom it out, tomorrow should give us hero snow. I'm pumped to get out early tomorrow
Agreed! I just got home, today was amazing conditions. Brought a friend up with me and it was super easy to teach her with the soft pow.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #93
E39M5
2nd Gear Member

Anyone else getting pumped for the season?
Just got another board, Burton Joystick with Cartels, bring on the snow!!
Old 10-09-2012, 11:50 AM   #94
Dysantic
Captain Chaos

I'm actually moving to Whistler for the winter so I'm pumped. lol

Where did you buy your board? I'm looking into getting at least new bindings and possibly a new board. The ski and snowboard show is this weekend so I was probably gonna head there and see what there was. From my past experiences the vendors there don't have very good equipment for sale, just beginner stuff and the stuff at the swap is normally garbage. lol
Old 10-09-2012, 12:04 PM   #95
E39M5
2nd Gear Member

Id love to move to Whistler, I usually make it there at least once a season!
I prodeal all my stuff, so it makes it pretty cheap to get new gear. I kinda like the ski/board show. Its usually last years gear, but who cares really, you are right though, you will not find super high end stuff there.
What kind of set up are you looking for?
Old 10-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #96
Dysantic
Captain Chaos

I'm an all around kind of boarder so I try to stick to all-mountain boards. My current board is about 5 years old and hasn't gotten a heck of alot of use over that time so I'm not in a big hurry to get a new one. My bindings on the other hand are garbage and literally falling apart so I should probably get a new pair. I was actually looking at Cartel's myself but haven't actually started an active search. I've also never really been a brand queen like some people, so as long as the board looks good and feels good I'll use it. Same goes for boots and bindings, although I despise any bindings other than conventional strap ones. lol
Old 10-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #97
BMe30
all by chance...

Im looking forward to this season... I just hope the conditions are better than last years..
I got a sims euro wide board with technine bindings.. Pretty good all around board.

I really like drifting the upper parking lot at blue

Gone but not forgotten
BMe30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:54 PM   #98
E39M5
2nd Gear Member

Im definitely not a brand queen, I just get Burton product so cheap that it makes no sense to purchase anything else. Besides, ive gotten used to their equipment and know the in's and out's of it.
Im praying we get a ton of snow this season regardless!
Old 10-09-2012, 01:54 PM   #99
cormier
6th Gear Member

Ya parking lots are half the fun of going boarding :p

I'll be heading to the show Thursday in hopes of finding a Never Summer Proto CT or a Libtech TRS fingers crossed

If you're thinking about Cartels you should do it -- I love mine and they're common so relatively easy to find on sale

Last edited by cormier; 10-09-2012 at 02:45 PM.
cormier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:09 PM   #100
E39M5
2nd Gear Member

I love the cartels, i have 2 boards with them on it, definitely a great all around binding. If youre looking for a stiff binding, the cartel definitely wont do tho, its nice and flexy.

I can have a check, I think I may be able to get Neversummer at cost, I know in past years they offered a discount.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:19 PM   #101
cormier
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E39M5 View Post
I can have a check, I think I may be able to get Neversummer at cost, I know in past years they offered a discount.
Realllllllyy .... Well let me know I'd be willing to kick back a bit for sure...

I honestly like the last seasons graphics a bit better on the Proto (then pix I put up) so I was hoping to find one of those discounted but I don't know if NS boards last through to the next season like some of the other brands do

Old 10-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #102
Blades
Your opinion is to long

I'm jealous of all of you and hope that I even get the chance to snowboard this year. hopefully I can just get the double down pass.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #103
BMe30
all by chance...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
I'm jealous of all of you and hope that I even get the chance to snowboard this year. hopefully I can just get the double down pass.
I may not even get a chance to go... My little one is coming out mid december... May put a damper on solo boarding trips

Gone but not forgotten
BMe30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #104
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMe30 View Post
I may not even get a chance to go... My little one is coming out mid december... May put a damper on solo boarding trips
lol .. thats exactly why I didn't go last year but im so pumped to get him a board and go with me once hes of age.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:49 PM   #105
cormier
6th Gear Member

I've got a while until I'll be a father but I'd imagine being excited about that like the new, cooler tobogganing lol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: