Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-04-2012, 10:16 PM   #31
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member

So im writing my OTL exam next monday morning on the 15th, I really thought this was the RIBO examination but RIBO and OTL are very similar.

OTL is 100 multiple choice questions while RIBO is was described earlier in the thread. Passing mark is still 75 percent.

the material I am studying is ridiculously dry, and incredibly detailed.

We just finished the General insurance and Auto insurance sections. I can not stress this enough, but this material is SOOOOO dry. Nothing exciting about it at all, not one bit. Its all terminology, but its not something that can be "remembered" it all has to be put into practice from what I have heard about the test.

Im really, stressing out over this exam since this determines if I stay employed or if I get canned. 1 shot, no re writes.

finding time to study is really difficult because I find my self getting home around 6:30pm from work. Also staying up till late hours in the evening is really really hard as the material is dry and I get very mentally drained.

just another week of this torture.. whats getting me through this is a quote from "goodfellas"

"He knew what went on at that cab stand and every once and a while I'd have to take a beating. But by then, I didn't care. The way I saw it, everybody takes a beating sometime."

cheers and much respect to the people out there who have their OTL's and RIBOS
ericdalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:45 PM   #32
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

All delusions, if I had known, i would of said **** school, saved up cash working hard and now i would be successful working for myself.

Instead, I am working a crummy minimum wage job and paying off my debts , and pretty much starting from Zero.

On a positive note, my student loan is finally paid in full, i know how much ive been wining about it to everyone. Its done.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #33
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
LOL, you're going to be in for a pretty big reality check when you graduate.
Bingo! Reality is a bitch
Old 10-05-2012, 06:52 PM   #34
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Damned if you do. Damned if don't. I have job opportunities waiting for me once I graduate. Did no one ever tell you.. It's who you know, not what you know. Well today, it's both. Need to know people and know what is needed.

Forgot to mention. My college debt will be very minimal. Already paid first year and I owe 0$.

Last edited by HavocSteve; 10-05-2012 at 06:55 PM.
HavocSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:31 PM   #35
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavocSteve View Post
Damned if you do. Damned if don't. I have job opportunities waiting for me once I graduate. Did no one ever tell you.. It's who you know, not what you know. Well today, it's both. Need to know people and know what is needed.

Forgot to mention. My college debt will be very minimal. Already paid first year and I owe 0$.
Yea.. funny thing about that... that's what everyone says.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:32 PM   #36
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Yea.. funny thing about that... that's what everyone says.
Unfortunately I have to agree with his statement about needing to "know" someone. I've seen a lot of people get very cushy jobs because their dad, uncle, friend, etc had the ability to help them.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual-Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;Spacers;Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig
bmwm5lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:33 PM   #37
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavocSteve View Post
Who you think is paying for my college so I come out debt free? Love my mom
Lol, I love when people brag about how they have $0 school debt, but then tell us their mommy foots the bill.

Same shit my good friend pulled a while back... Proclaiming he finished a 4 year degree and a masters with $0 debt.... Meanwhile his mommy paid for everything, even gave him a drinking allowance.

Fancy that.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:36 PM   #38
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
Unfortunately I have to agree with his statement about needing to "know" someone. I've seen a lot of people get very cushy jobs because their dad, uncle, friend, etc had the ability to help them.
Sorry, I didn't clarify.

Everyone says they know someone and they have jobs lined up... Except they don't, it's just bragging rights on the internet.

Yes, knowing some people helps. However it also depends where and the context of knowing them.

For the big corporations, they won't hire you if you just know someone. You still need the credentials. The credentials for a reputable company are typically steeper than a 2 year diploma.

Anyway, I don't really care, I just find it ammusing.. Please post up your $250,000 contract when you get it at the end of the your 2 year diploma.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:51 PM   #39
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't clarify.

Everyone says they know someone and they have jobs lined up... Except they don't, it's just bragging rights on the internet.

Yes, knowing some people helps. However it also depends where and the context of knowing them.

For the big corporations, they won't hire you if you just know someone. You still need the credentials. The credentials for a reputable company are typically steeper than a 2 year diploma.

Anyway, I don't really care, I just find it ammusing.. Please post up your $250,000 contract when you get it at the end of the your 2 year diploma.
It's a 3 year course, I get nothing except a chance to do well on some CCNA and CompTiA+ certs. You get paid based on work experience and the certs you currently hold. Lucky the gf's uncle is head of marketing for Oracle. Having someone who can get you in touch with the correct people is really what you need in life. It's just like his RIBO exam. That's what my college will be based upon. What exactly are you doing sirex? All I see is lots of posts and nothing about moving forward in life about yourself. I can tell you, I sure don't want to hold $14/hr job anymore with barely enough to show. This is all about positive movement forward in life to attain things you want/need. I want a family sometime and drive a fancy car. In order to do that, you need some kind of schooling or a way in. For me, I need both as I want to make a lot more then 40k+yr. As for the payments, yes my mother is willing to help me out, and yes I'm doing some of it as well. Books and other resources come @ my cost which is just as much as the courses.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:33 PM   #40
sirex
King Sirex

I didn't say don't go to school and don't do well and don't aspire to do better. I just find it amusing how most people think that after school they will land a super high paying job, and will be making CEO level salaries in just a couple of years. I feel that too many people have been lied to their entire lives and I guess I've just heard it from so many people that it's become amusing.

Trust me, I've heard it from ALOT of my former class mates and good friends....... They were going to take COURSE XYZ and then when they finish earn SALARY ZYX!... That they knew so many high level execs and jobs were gauranteed for them upon graduation. Their parents had such great connections for them, they were going to be handed a job.

It never happened. Big talk, big hype. No finish.

My base salary is $40K. My bonus this year will be just under $5K. I get $2,500 of medical benefits, and have recieved various awards/compensation over the last year that have totaled in at $2,000. I also get share ownership.

I got my job at a career fair.

My former class mates are still talking shit about how they couldn't get that job and how the odds were stacked against them, and how their friend couldn't hook em up because of the bad job market.... etc.etc...etc..etc.

Last edited by sirex; 10-05-2012 at 09:37 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:25 AM   #41
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't clarify.

This.

I agree with you, wow...that is new.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual-Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;Spacers;Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig
bmwm5lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:26 PM   #42
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Seriously Havok, you're so arrogant. I have been working very hard for 11$ an hour to pay off my student loan and I DID IT, without my parents helping. GROW UP and GOOD LUCK, I CAN'T WAIT FOR LIFE TO BITE YOU IN THE ASS.

Last edited by 5style; 10-09-2012 at 10:29 PM.
5style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:33 PM   #43
ChrisTO
∞ Gear Member

^^ i sense jealousy.

anything is possible...but it's more the exception than the rule what Havok wrote. I want to see this baller in action...
Old 10-09-2012, 11:40 PM   #44
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5style View Post
Seriously Havok, you're so arrogant. I have been working very hard for 11$ an hour to pay off my student loan and I DID IT, without my parents helping. GROW UP and GOOD LUCK, I CAN'T WAIT FOR LIFE TO BITE YOU IN THE ASS.
Thanks Enjoy your 11$/hr. But I for one want more in my life then that. Enjoy that forever. Also, if your parents cared enough, I'm sure they would help in any way they could. My parents just so happen to be kind enough to want to help their own son succeed in life. Life's a bitch sometimes eh?
Old 10-10-2012, 12:55 AM   #45
325isMostar
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdalinda View Post
So im writing my OTL exam next monday morning on the 15th, I really thought this was the RIBO examination but RIBO and OTL are very similar.

OTL is 100 multiple choice questions while RIBO is was described earlier in the thread. Passing mark is still 75 percent.

the material I am studying is ridiculously dry, and incredibly detailed.

We just finished the General insurance and Auto insurance sections. I can not stress this enough, but this material is SOOOOO dry. Nothing exciting about it at all, not one bit. Its all terminology, but its not something that can be "remembered" it all has to be put into practice from what I have heard about the test.

Im really, stressing out over this exam since this determines if I stay employed or if I get canned. 1 shot, no re writes.

finding time to study is really difficult because I find my self getting home around 6:30pm from work. Also staying up till late hours in the evening is really really hard as the material is dry and I get very mentally drained.

just another week of this torture.. whats getting me through this is a quote from "goodfellas"

"He knew what went on at that cab stand and every once and a while I'd have to take a beating. But by then, I didn't care. The way I saw it, everybody takes a beating sometime."

cheers and much respect to the people out there who have their OTL's and RIBOS

Do not spend more than 1 min 20 seconds per question. If you are doubting yourself ...skip it. The key is to get to that 75% mark. If you finish 10 min early look over your answers and ONLY change what you are confident you might have answered wrong. Don't go doubting yourself on all of the questions.
The OTL (agent) exam from FSCO is HARD, and the RIBO (brokers)exam is even HARDER because there is an essay question. I passed it the first time, but many of my colleagues didn't and they chose another career.

Only if you are serious about this will you pass...spend all of your spare time in the next 5 days to study and be prepared to not only remember what you learned but make sure you FULLY UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY ARE SAYING in those books.

Good luck and go study now
325isMostar is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: