Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-04-2012, 08:30 PM   #1
new2bmw
3rd Gear Member

Interior which one

I will post pics after but thought i would post it now. I have a coupe with black leather interior and the leather has no rips but does show its age with creases, also have either dark grey or tan carpet, i have the complete interior. I also have the car i am starting work on, it is a four door and has vinyl tan interior that is mint, very fresh and also complete. I know if i want the leather interior over to the new car i will be searching for new door cards for sure, not sure what else would not swap around yet. I am just wondering what you guys would keep, do i go with mint vinyl or is it aged black leather? ty guys, i always enjoy your input.
new2bmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:06 PM   #2
SubDad
2nd Gear Member

Leather is classy, vinyl...

Sorry for the late reply, I just saw this.

Disregarding all future difficulties in finding door cards, etc:

I let my aged, experienced, comfortable leather (2-door) seats go.
I really wish I hadn't. I'd changed the carpet from black to tan and it looked really classy. (And I could find dropped hardware in the footwells.)
There's nothing like old leather to make a comfy seat. Check any Olde Englishe Gentlemen's club or genuine barber shop chair. Or my brother's vast recliner.
Leather cracks, but there's a ton of products to restore the suppleness.
Old leather smells like old leather and can be repaired.
Old vinyl smells like a... an unfortunate gastric event.. in a beach ball. and when it cracks, fades or hardens you're hooped.

Try it out with the black seats and vinyl door cards until you can find door cards.

Then sell the seats to me to replace my green cloth (4-door) numbers. Does your rear seat have a ski pass?
No, I'm not an opportunist; I really think leather is better than vinyl. Thousands of cows can't be wrong.
SubDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: