Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #31
demontwinz
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7
thanks jeff.

I love your long and detailed message. I enjoy reading your post. Yes sorry for typo. I am going to buy this BMW 335i 2007 with 96k on it. The lubrico is $1500 for 2 years for the major parts. I think Constantine Stan said he will try to cover as much as possible.

I won't be able to give a good update until Wed after I work out the details of the inspection. I am taking the car without any claims. THe BMW parkview inspection will be done tmw.

Regards,
demontwinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:50 PM   #32
jeff2
Jeff2
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by demontwinz View Post
thanks jeff.

I love your long and detailed message. I enjoy reading your post. Yes sorry for typo. I am going to buy this BMW 335i 2007 with 96k on it. The lubrico is $1500 for 2 years for the major parts. I think Constantine Stan said he will try to cover as much as possible.

I won't be able to give a good update until Wed after I work out the details of the inspection. I am taking the car without any claims. THe BMW parkview inspection will be done tmw.

Regards,
I am checking it out online- it's the Grey coupe right ? Nice. I love those rims.

Glad you enjoy the read. I believe the Lubrico warrenty goes for another 2 years if you don't make any claims(current incentive). If you buy, Just remember to hop on their website and record your maintenance. It's piece of mind your buying. I think there is a $50 deductable as well each time you claim. Always be sure to read the fine print.

What do you mean by your taking the car without any claims ?

Hopefully your inspection comes back okay. If you caught in a situation like myself with needing new tires you might consider putting non Run Flat Tires (RFT). I almost pooped myself when I found the run flats are over 1K for a new set so I went with non RFT All seasons.

Good luck and hope everything goes well for you ! Let us know Wednesday.
jeff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:35 AM   #33
jeff2
Jeff2
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 36
After owning the car for 2 weeks, the rear brake light bulb burned out on the weekend. Was driving up to Newmarket and "lamp out" indicator came on. Got home and checked the lights during the day (not the smartest thing to do of course). Everything seemed okay visually. Checked around some forums on the error code CCID-134 (http://www.endtuning.com/ccidcodes.html) I got and it said it was the right brake light. So I followed these instructions - http://www.gospecracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148 and checked the bulb(s) out. In fact there are 2 bulbs on each side and upon closer inspection I could tell one of them had indeed burned out. Quickly popped into the local Canadian Tire on Sunday and bought 2 (they are sold in pairs for $5) and changed both bulbs. I checked the left side as well and both were fine. Upon further inspections I did notice that the right side bulbs were factory originals and the left side had been changed at some point. When you buy used, one of the first things that typically go are bulbs due to the fact it's been sitting on a lot for who knows how long. This happened on my van as well within the month of purchasing it.

jeff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #34
Bimmeup
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Guelph
Posts: 5
Jeff, can you provide the name of your salesman. I'm looking at a car there. I am very skeptical but since it's a BMW at a good price I'm obliged to check it out. I am hoping to get out of my Nissan and into something nicer preferably with AWD.
Bimmeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:39 PM   #35
jeff2
Jeff2
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmeup View Post
Jeff, can you provide the name of your salesman. I'm looking at a car there. I am very skeptical but since it's a BMW at a good price I'm obliged to check it out. I am hoping to get out of my Nissan and into something nicer preferably with AWD.
Yes, his name is Stan. Decent guy and knows his stuff. We put about 7k on the vehicle now, aside from a few bulbs burning out everything is working perfectly. We really like our purchase. But again, if you buy anything from any Indy dealership, always get a inspection done.

BTW, I love the Xdrive. The other night when we had a bit of snow mixed with Freezing rain, the 328xi drove great. I'm really impressed with the traction. Stopping is another issue of course but I used the DS and downshifted to slow the car down. I recall pulling up to a light in the right lane next to a Dodge Challenger with a Hemi (I could hear the rumble of that sweet sounding V8). Light turns green and I accelerate like I normally do with alot of confidence, I could see the Dodge struggling to get traction. When I bought the car I dumped my run flats and am just using normal Cooper all weather tires and they seem to work great (the entire reason I wanted a xdrive).

Good luck !

Last edited by jeff2; 12-23-2012 at 09:45 PM.
jeff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:00 PM   #36
catchmer1
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: thornhill
Posts: 2
thanks for all the feed back guys.
i am also looking at a car there and this info came handy.
catchmer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:02 AM   #37
catchmer1
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: thornhill
Posts: 2
I have had the car for a week now. These guys are very friendly and helpful. Eduard allowed me to take the car to my own mechanic on my own and opinion returning we made a deal. So far so good. I'm in love with my 328i coupe.
catchmer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:51 PM   #38
Biggie
BMW Power
 
Biggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: GTA
Posts: 117
Bought my car from them as well - they specialize in Bimmers in a way, 90% of their inventory is all BMW. Also, Constantine is a good guy - straight shooter. That said, I took the car to my mechanic for a PPI - and I would always recommend anyone who buys a car from them, or from anyone else, also does that as well. Thats the best 100 bucks you'll ever spend.
Biggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:44 PM   #39
boerboel
1st Gear Newbie
 
boerboel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 35
This is the place i went where the guy had a drink going on a Sat afternoon... nothing like a little pre-drinking for Sat night at work.
boerboel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 04:02 PM   #40
jeff2
Jeff2
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by boerboel View Post
This is the place i went where the guy had a drink going on a Sat afternoon... nothing like a little pre-drinking for Sat night at work.
Yea but did you buy anything ?

jeff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:49 PM   #41
boerboel
1st Gear Newbie
 
boerboel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 35
Hell no.

My experience there was the worst of the worst, meaning the toilet that encompasses Keele and Finch area for used car shopping. Here is how the story goes:
1) call on the phone to ask about a car. Question: tell me about the car! Answer - car is perfect, come see it. i'm getting lots of calls about it! Q: Can i drive it? A: Sure why not ?(multiple people have told me this). Q: Can i take it to my mechanic? A: Sure!
2) show up. Car i want is buried behind many other cars, and typically won't start. And has been hit. and is from Quebec. but its perfect for you, and its got all the options.
3) Q: I say i want to drive it. BS starts. A: Well you need to be serious. Q: Meaning what? I drove all the f*cking way here and you want me to go away so you can surf the net ?
4) We need a deposit, and we need to agree on a price. Oh i get it , i need to buy it first.
5) Q: Well when can i take it to my mechanic? Answer: well actually our mechanic has checked it all over and its perfect.
6) Q: Great, then my mechanic won't have much to find. Q: When can it go to him. A: Well there is only two of us here now, and actually we can only take it to BMW, its our policy. And not without a deposit. after we have a deal.
7) Q: Really. I have to buy it first? A: well you have to understand from our perspective...we get lots of people coming in here...
8) Me: Goodbye.

If you just show up its much worse. Typically you are greeted and then told to look at the website, and then left alone.
Downsview the guy was drinking for 3) to 8)
boerboel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:35 PM   #42
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,078
Lubrico warranty... bs.

Set that money aside and IF you need to spend it inside 2 years, fine, if not you haven't lost. Furthermore there are countless stories I have seen and hear of bmw owners specifically since it is what we specialize in, having issues with them. Did you know they wish for the repair shop to use aftermarket parts, they will not cover certain work if other things are discovered. Last one we saw was a 7 series with carb build up need a $9k job done so he called his Lubrico policy, made a claim, they said sure but only aftermarket parts (no gonna happen and they know it) and oh btw if carbon build up is discovered the warranty is void LOL that is what caused the need for repair. These people are smart, the people who buy their crap coverage are not stupid just misinformed or mislead.
__________________
E46
Blackedout95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:52 PM   #43
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy
 
bmwm5lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Thornhill
Posts: 15,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by boerboel View Post
Hell no.

My experience there was the worst of the worst,
3) Q: I say i want to drive it. BS starts. A: Well you need to be serious. Q: Meaning what? I drove all the f*cking way here and you want me to go away so you can surf the net ?
4) We need a deposit, and we need to agree on a price. Oh i get it , i need to buy it first.
I am going to address these 2 points, because although I agree that one should never be lied to or misled like he did with you, in his defense, you have no clue how many people will travel around, lot to lot, asking to drive vehicles, with little or no intent to actually buy.
After a while, you start treating everyone the same, but you (dealer) should be able to weed through the BS customers and the serious customers (easier said then done). Some people are quick to make decisions, others take 3-4 visits before committing. I think it is nuts to make 3-4 trips to look at the same thing, but people are different and some are really paranoid, part of the game. They look at it, then the second visit they might come back with wife (because it seems that women in this country own men's balls the second they get married), they might play around with the options, ask some more questions, etc, then 3rd visit they might actually drive it, then take a couple of days to think about it, then on the 4th visit they will actually commit to buy. Crazy, I know, but THAT is a serious, potential, buyer.
I for one have become very selective with who gets to test drive (especially with certain vehicles). I've had people buy cars without starting them, never mind driving them, so the " I need to drive it right away to know if I like it" tactic is having less and less impact. You want to go joy riding, go somewhere else. It costs time, money, effort (if cars are parked in close proximity, etc).
Putting a deposit does NOT necessarily mean that you are committing to buy, as a deposit can be conditional on something... IE, mech inspection, if you are told the car drives perfectly fine (within reason) and that is a lie, financing, accident claims, etc etc. If you tell him yes I am buying, you agree on price and terms, then you come back the next day and change the terms or your mind or whatever, HE CAN keep most if not ALL of your deposit.

Not trying to stir the pot, just giving you a different perspective. I could address the other points too, but one thing at a time.

What frustrates me, is people with unreasonable expectations of a used vehicle OR people who treat you(dealer) like scum. I know many are, but not everyone is. I always encourage people to do their own due diligence and NOT to take my word for it. It is interesting to see how many times customers pretend not to know anything about a particular car and will ask me specific questions, only to tell me that they knew the answers and wanted to see if I was lying to them and that they were happy to see I was as honest I could be.
__________________
www.enthusiastauto.caNeed a car???

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior

Last edited by bmwm5lover; 03-17-2014 at 06:02 PM.
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:49 AM   #44
jeff2
Jeff2
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
I am going to address these 2 points, because although I agree that one should never be lied to or misled like he did with you, in his defense, you have no clue how many people will travel around, lot to lot, asking to drive vehicles, with little or no intent to actually buy.
After a while, you start treating everyone the same, but you (dealer) should be able to weed through the BS customers and the serious customers (easier said then done). Some people are quick to make decisions, others take 3-4 visits before committing. I think it is nuts to make 3-4 trips to look at the same thing, but people are different and some are really paranoid, part of the game. They look at it, then the second visit they might come back with wife (because it seems that women in this country own men's balls the second they get married), they might play around with the options, ask some more questions, etc, then 3rd visit they might actually drive it, then take a couple of days to think about it, then on the 4th visit they will actually commit to buy. Crazy, I know, but THAT is a serious, potential, buyer.
I for one have become very selective with who gets to test drive (especially with certain vehicles). I've had people buy cars without starting them, never mind driving them, so the " I need to drive it right away to know if I like it" tactic is having less and less impact. You want to go joy riding, go somewhere else. It costs time, money, effort (if cars are parked in close proximity, etc).
Putting a deposit does NOT necessarily mean that you are committing to buy, as a deposit can be conditional on something... IE, mech inspection, if you are told the car drives perfectly fine (within reason) and that is a lie, financing, accident claims, etc etc. If you tell him yes I am buying, you agree on price and terms, then you come back the next day and change the terms or your mind or whatever, HE CAN keep most if not ALL of your deposit.

Not trying to stir the pot, just giving you a different perspective. I could address the other points too, but one thing at a time.

What frustrates me, is people with unreasonable expectations of a used vehicle OR people who treat you(dealer) like scum. I know many are, but not everyone is. I always encourage people to do their own due diligence and NOT to take my word for it. It is interesting to see how many times customers pretend not to know anything about a particular car and will ask me specific questions, only to tell me that they knew the answers and wanted to see if I was lying to them and that they were happy to see I was as honest I could be.
Totally agree with this. Putting a deposit down simply means your serious in most cases. If your worried, ask for a letter regarding the Terms and conditions of a deposit. Remember they run a business selling used cars and need to filter out the tire kickers. I understand this process because I have been in sales. For argument sake, you may have 40 potential customers in a day, but you can only spend time with 20 of them, how do you filter the 50% so you focus your efforts on serious buyers.

If any car dealer tries to screw you on a deposit, you have the greatest power available to you.... the internet. No small business in their right mind that wants to stay in business these days would screw over a customer at the start of a potential buying cycle.

For myself, to shorten down the buying cycle, I went to places with larger inventories of used BMWs 3 series and this company met my criteria. I would see the eye candy then ask for info on the car. They explained the process to me and asked for a deposit. The deposit was somewhat insignificant for me because again I knew I had the greatest power available today to consumers .... the internet.

Otherwise just go to a BMW dealership and buy there, they have invested in the overhead and infrastructure to cater to this type of buyer. This will likely give you piece of mind as you would have proper channels to voice your issues to a parent company on the dealer's behavior if it's not to your liking.
jeff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:57 AM   #45
jeff2
Jeff2
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout95 View Post
Lubrico warranty... bs.

Set that money aside and IF you need to spend it inside 2 years, fine, if not you haven't lost. Furthermore there are countless stories I have seen and hear of bmw owners specifically since it is what we specialize in, having issues with them. Did you know they wish for the repair shop to use aftermarket parts, they will not cover certain work if other things are discovered. Last one we saw was a 7 series with carb build up need a $9k job done so he called his Lubrico policy, made a claim, they said sure but only aftermarket parts (no gonna happen and they know it) and oh btw if carbon build up is discovered the warranty is void LOL that is what caused the need for repair. These people are smart, the people who buy their crap coverage are not stupid just misinformed or mislead.
Yep, definitely do your homework. There is a large network of Aftermarket warranties that serve the used car marketplace. People buy depending on their personality IE. risk adverse, risk versus value logic etc.. and how informed they are.
jeff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.