Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2012, 09:39 PM   #1
BADRAT
badratart.com

Lightbulb DIY Dinoc Carbon fiber shifter plate

ive gotten my hands on some 3M Dinoc Simulated carbon fibre vinyl. for those of you that have used this before, you know how great of a material this is. looks amazing and really easy to work with.

my shifter plate has been peeling and looking ugly so i figured i would cover it up!

this is super easy to do, only tool you will need is a butter knife to pry up the plate. heres how it goes:

Once pried up you will need to disconnect 3 harnesses, 2 on the left and 1 on the right

you will then need to unclip the leather boot from the plate, there are a few clips

once unclipped you can separate the boot from the plate

lift the plate and manoeuvre it around the boot and shifter

once freed up you will want to clean the surface, try to use something without ammonia. if your plate is peeling like mine, you can try to remove as much damaged material as you like. though the carbon fibre material will mask any uneven spots

Last edited by BADRAT; 09-08-2012 at 12:40 AM.
BADRAT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
di noc, dinoc, e46, plate, shift

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: