Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > BMW Cars For Sale
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #31
cisco911
6th Gear Member

Sorry for the thread jacking! Here is what the MTO site says:

1. My vehicle has a brand in another jurisdiction. Now I want to register it in Ontario. What will happen?

Vehicle brand information from other Canadian or US jurisdictions will be carried forward when these vehicles are registered in Ontario with the exception of the "Rebuilt" brand. Imported vehicles with a Rebuilt designation or its equivalent from other Canadian or US jurisdictions will be registered as "Salvage" in Ontario thus requiring them to undergo a structural inspection to ensure that the vehicle has been properly repaired before being branded as "Rebuilt" in Ontario.

So basically, if the car is branded as salvage in the states, it will need to be have the structural inspectiond done to have it legal in canada to switch the brand to rebuilt. However, if the car is branded salvage due to water damage and not collision, it will be branded as irreparable and cannot be legalized.

You will have to look around, but I believe many body shops have the ability to do the inspection.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:11 AM   #32
Desisuperman
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco911 View Post
What people are saying about value of the car is true. The car looks like it is in great shape and worth every penny. However, you also have to look at it from a purely financial point of view. A car that has a rebuilt title will always be worth less than a car that doesn't have a rebuilt title assuming same condition. Unless a seller can prove that the damage was minor, a potential buyer will be worried as to what the actual damage was. It could be minor or it could have taken a completely new front clip...or maybe it was water damaged (which is almost impossible to detect). These are all the things that a buyer will have on his mind and will lower the price of the car due to the potential for costly repairs down the line and because when they have to resell th vehicle later on, they will also have to sell to people that will have the same mindset. I'm not saying this is the case for your car, but that is the logic from a buyer's point of view.

Also, why would an insurance company write off a car than needs so little work? Bumper, fender, and hood plus paint might come to like $2-3K. That is minimal compared to the actual value of the vehicle.
What he said ^^

More info on this car can be found here

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=414484

http://forum.E46Fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=905292

01 540i-M 6spd

Last edited by Desisuperman; 08-28-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Desisuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #33
cisco911
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desisuperman View Post
Wow! After reading some of the sellers comments on other forums, I wouldn't want to deal with him either! Saying that he can pick and choose who he wants to deal with and crapping on others. That is definately not the way to sell a car buddy!
Old 08-29-2012, 09:24 PM   #34
Jmar213
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco911 View Post
Wow! After reading some of the sellers comments on other forums, I wouldn't want to deal with him either! Saying that he can pick and choose who he wants to deal with and crapping on others. That is definately not the way to sell a car buddy!

Don't take things out of context. Don't pass judgement when you don't know the PM's I received prior to posting my comments.
Jmar213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:34 PM   #35
Jmar213
1st Gear Newbie

Just so everyone knows, I have never show this vehicle "in person" to anyone. I screen everyone I speak with just because I work 60 hrs a week and don't want my time wasted, as I have so many times in the past with other vehicles. The vehicle is exactly as described, you are buying the car, not marrying me. The purpose of the posting is for one to sell and the other to buy, not become the best of friends, have children and live happily evert after. I am an honest family man, and have never jerk'd anyone around in my entire life. I am not a teenage kid that has nothng better to do then slander, and insult other me,bers simply because they may have something better then me. It is childish, and pathetic in my opinion that there are people who enjoy this type of behavior. I don't have to like the buyer as the buyer does have to like the seller. It's then CAR that is important, nothing more or less. I don't know what everyone is determined to be idiots about me selling my car. If you don't like the car, or the price that is fine, you don't have too. Keep it to yourself and keep things moving. I see and hear things all day long I don't like, that doesn't me I begin to harass the person or persons I have the disagreement with. If you can find a cleaner, car with a desirable color combination, low miles clean or salvage for less money, then god bless you. No one if forcing anyone to like/buy my car. All I want to to deal with professional, honest serious buyers and you can expect the absolute same in return. Thank you.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:06 PM   #36
dbworld4k
Addict

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:56 PM   #37
Jmar213
1st Gear Newbie

Bump
Old 09-05-2012, 03:29 PM   #38
SAKE
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmar213 View Post
Just so everyone knows, I have never show this vehicle "in person" to anyone. I screen everyone I speak with just because I work 60 hrs a week and don't want my time wasted, as I have so many times in the past with other vehicles. The vehicle is exactly as described, you are buying the car, not marrying me. The purpose of the posting is for one to sell and the other to buy, not become the best of friends, have children and live happily evert after. I am an honest family man, and have never jerk'd anyone around in my entire life. I am not a teenage kid that has nothng better to do then slander, and insult other me,bers simply because they may have something better then me. It is childish, and pathetic in my opinion that there are people who enjoy this type of behavior. I don't have to like the buyer as the buyer does have to like the seller. It's then CAR that is important, nothing more or less. I don't know what everyone is determined to be idiots about me selling my car. If you don't like the car, or the price that is fine, you don't have too. Keep it to yourself and keep things moving. I see and hear things all day long I don't like, that doesn't me I begin to harass the person or persons I have the disagreement with. If you can find a cleaner, car with a desirable color combination, low miles clean or salvage for less money, then god bless you. No one if forcing anyone to like/buy my car. All I want to to deal with professional, honest serious buyers and you can expect the absolute same in return. Thank you.
lol I kinda understand this guys frustration. I had my E90 fully modded, clean title, all mods included + forged wheels for 20,000$ on Kijiji, some kid said he would give me $13,000 cause that's the average going price for that kind of car. I ended up telling him to %@#^ off and I will drive the car till it dies. Some kids have no shame, and just shoot out random offers hoping they can drive a BMW. I paid something close to 46,000$ for my e90 back in 07 now the kid thinks he can score it for 13k? For 13K he will never see another E90 as clean as mine.
SAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:38 PM   #39
Jmar213
1st Gear Newbie

Price drop to $17900!
Old 09-17-2012, 10:40 AM   #40
Desisuperman
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmar213 View Post
Price drop to $17900!