Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #16
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodbronks View Post
I have considered a school just waiting for the full race car to be built not my street car..
I would defiantly not wait to do a school until you have a full race car. In fact you should have probably done a school sooner, it really teaches you the basics that no lapping day will teach you, especially a CSCS lapping day. Go to CSCS for fun and to compete in the time attack, not to learn...
Old 08-28-2012, 03:31 PM   #17
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
Go to CSCS for fun and to compete in the time attack, not to learn...
dont agree with that last part. Obviously its not a school but you always learn something each time you step on the track regardless of the event.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:00 PM   #18
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
dont agree with that last part. Obviously its not a school but you always learn something each time you step on the track regardless of the event.
Disagree.

It is hard to be in the correct mindset to learn anything at an event like this because you have to worry more about your surroundings than anything with the caliber of some drivers/cars at this event.

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:36 PM   #19
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Okay maybe I should have specified, 'Learn the basics....'

I don't think someone should be going to CSCS to 'Learn' if they've never been to a school or a more formal place to learn the basics of being on a track. A few minute driver's meeting at a lapping day doesn't give you the foundation to go out and learn on your own.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:39 PM   #20
Nolimit77
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn View Post
Disagree.

It is hard to be in the correct mindset to learn anything at an event like this because you have to worry more about your surroundings than anything with the caliber of some drivers/cars at this event.
This is true for most of the open lapping sessions but there were some later in the day which provided some open track, not to mention the timed runs in the afternoon. It can certainly go both ways.

The red Mazdaspeed in that video was without a doubt the absolute worst driver I had ever been on track with. It was actually dangerous and I had to pull in to get away from him. I kept hoping they would black flag him but no such luck.
Nolimit77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #21
Nolimit77
2nd Gear Member

Quote:

I don't think someone should be going to CSCS to 'Learn' if they've never been to a school or a more formal place to learn the basics of being on a track. A few minute driver's meeting at a lapping day doesn't give you the foundation to go out and learn on your own.
Bingo. The drivers meeting didn't even include a discussion about the flags. Not sure what would have happened if the red flag came out...
Nolimit77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:18 PM   #22
Woodbronks
1st Gear Newbie

I agree it is more for fun as your not classed to compete on a serious level... but any track time is learing time or at least seat time... I always wondered what would people do if a serious flag came out as there not explained in the meetings, only if you read the rules then agan if you READ THEM at all that is.....
Even when the signal to pass come on ... people are on left people on right side, no standerd or rule so you do have to watch for others,
I always ask what has the least people for novice/advanced lapping and go with it... then agan I do get stuck behind people learning or out for there sunday drive lol
Woodbronks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:20 PM   #23
Woodbronks
1st Gear Newbie

I'll still go for seat time and build a car in the mean time maybe the next couple of years i'll be out at OTA event's they seem like a little more advanced and get real time behind the wheel at real tracks...
Old 08-28-2012, 10:05 PM   #24
doogee
Stance is Gay.

Send a message via MSN to doogee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodbronks View Post
I have considered a school just waiting for the full race car to be built not my street car.
Don't wait. You'll learn way more in a road car.

Dakar M3 Track Build Thread
doogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:19 PM   #25
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:

I agree with that!

Just disagree saying you cant learn something at cscs even if on your own...regardless of whats going on around you.
in fact you can say it teaches you to watch for bad drivers and watch your surroundings

You can definitely pick up some bad habits , but practicing is learning imo. Thats how I have viewed sports my whole life...and I dont see auto racing as being any different.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:19 AM   #26
davericher20
black and blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
You can definitely pick up some bad habits , but practicing is learning imo. Thats how I have viewed sports my whole life...and I dont see auto racing as being any different.
there's a quote I heard that applies to this
"You don't know what you don't know"

practicing what? practicing without a coach is practicing bad skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:09 AM   #27
Racer
2nd Gear Member

cool helmet
awesome gloves
need more apex
it was me in my mom's red mazda, i wasn't dangerous, i was racing
don't listen to the guys above, they are just posers, go biuld a race car and enter an hpde championship.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #28
Woodbronks
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by davericher20 View Post
there's a quote I heard that applies to this
"You don't know what you don't know"

practicing what? practicing without a coach is practicing bad skills.
That's why i'm asking what to improve, practice is still practice knowing what works and what does not.... but it's seat time and thats better then need for speed on a PS3..... that being said maybe next event i'll ask a pro to get in with me and let me have it
Old 08-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #29
Woodbronks
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
cool helmet
awesome gloves
need more apex
it was me in my mom's red mazda, i wasn't dangerous, i was racing
don't listen to the guys above, they are just posers, go biuld a race car and enter an hpde championship.

Thanks designed the helmet watching F1 one sunday....
race car coming just seems to cost lots of money LOTS and LOTS....i'm finding as parts list grows or jumping between whats needed and what can wait lol oh the fun of life and working
Old 08-29-2012, 04:23 PM   #30
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

brooooo mbna 0% have the race car built yesterday!*

*not liable for any hot water you get into

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: