Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-14-2012, 07:56 PM   #1006
Racer
2nd Gear Member

http://nsxfiles.com/Pyramid_of_speed.htm
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:06 PM   #1007
cormier
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
@ 1/4 mile racers: Sometimes they might even get four runs in a day, and at 13 seconds a run, this means they spent the whole day at the track for 52 seconds of "racing" fun. Kinda like spending $200 on a dinner date, and having premature ejaculation at the dinner table.

LOL

cormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:44 AM   #1008
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn View Post
Some of these comments are fackin' hilarious.

But that ^^ takes the cake. Are you seriously that irritated he doesn't spend a dime on Trillium anymore that you feel the need to make that comment? Common John, just because you haven't ridden in the car to drop your 2 cents about how he should drive, or how he should setup his car, or how he spends his money doesn't mean he's retarded and needs to be placed in the C group of Trillium schools. Your elitist Trillium attitude isn't helping attract membership when you talk down to everyone like that.

Guess you did not notice the angle icon, it was an obvious joking comment meant for Kurt not you. elitist - kettle calling the pot black!!!

Kurt wants to step up into racing that's cool, I just hope there is a contract in place with this "team" so his interests and assets are protected.
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:21 AM   #1009
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
Guess you did not notice the angle icon, it was an obvious joking comment meant for Kurt not you. elitist - kettle calling the pot black!!!

Kurt wants to step up into racing that's cool, I just hope there is a contract in place with this "team" so his interests and assets are protected.
I kind of half figured John would send you to do his dirty work... And no John isn't obviously joking, he's trying to stir the pot, just like you are.

You know how stupid your second comment sounded... right? Nah, well probably not since I'm reading it. Oh well! Maybe you should start your own 'race team' then Richie, and show us how its really done since you know it all from parting out a few E30s and 'building' some of the craziest projects out of your past few cars...

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:58 AM   #1010
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn View Post
I kind of half figured John would send you to do his dirty work... And no John isn't obviously joking, he's trying to stir the pot, just like you are.

You know how stupid your second comment sounded... right? Nah, well probably not since I'm reading it. Oh well! Maybe you should start your own 'race team' then Richie, and show us how its really done since you know it all from parting out a few E30s and 'building' some of the craziest projects out of your past few cars...
first off, John didn't send me to do his dirty work. I am perfectly able to make decisions as an adult, and I am not trying to stir the pot, I am being honest with what I am thinking.

I have talked and meet enough people and a contract even between the best of friends is the only was to lay everything out upfront, so there is no question of how things are run. Racing at this level is all business, and as this is Kurt's thread about his build and what he is doing, I do hope if he is going to do this I hope he does it right, and at the level he is talking contracts between people are necessary. it protects everyone involved.

what does me parting cars out or building cars for fun have to do with any of this? well nothing!!!! does sound like a snobby comment if anything, but used to them from you, and really couldn't care what you think of what I do. If I wanted to start a race team I would, but I am happy with doing what I am doing at my pace with everything going on in my life.

lets try and keep this about Kurt, and his build and what he is doing?
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:06 PM   #1011
Gleb
E30 ..?

First I was
Then I was
After that I was

and now I just want to

I hope that Racer makes a few comments to straighten all of you out!
Gleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:49 PM   #1012
sb_600
5th Gear Member

Word on the street is that your car is sold.... that true?!?!
1992 BMW 325i (CHUMPCAR #296 - build in progress)
1992 3.0L M52 325i (ex-daily driver - track car only)
2002 330Ci (ex-daily driver - sold!)
Check out my e36 track car build
sb_600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:03 PM   #1013
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Someone on the CASC forum said they had cash in hand. So it's possible.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:50 AM   #1014
doogee
Stance is Gay.

Send a message via MSN to doogee
Not quite boys

Took the car out to Mosport today. Had a great time with the ASE guys. Definitely learned quite a few more things. I grew a pair and finally dove into 4 without lifting which was a pretty amazing feeling. So I shaved some more time off my laps and got a 1:34.9. But was averaging 1:35. The car isn't going to go any faster than that in my opinion unless I throw brand new tires on it. At one point, both inside wheels came off the ground going into 4. Which looks cool, but not good at the same time. Must need to soften up the rear.

It may be the last time I drive the car, and if it is I'm happy with the end. I always wanted to get it into 34's.

I'll post a video soon.

Dakar M3 Track Build Thread
doogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #1015
sb_600
5th Gear Member

That's awesome Kurt!

Based on my vids, my fastest was in the 1:35s, but I felt like I was pushing harder in the last couple sessions (not braking for 1) so I may have gotten a touch faster. The GoPro was dead though so I've got no proof!

It's always fun when Rudy and I duke it out at the end of the day He's faster/same speed as me everywhere on the track, except my power takes him every time on the back straight
1992 BMW 325i (CHUMPCAR #296 - build in progress)
1992 3.0L M52 325i (ex-daily driver - track car only)
2002 330Ci (ex-daily driver - sold!)
Check out my e36 track car build
sb_600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #1016
doogee
Stance is Gay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb_600 View Post
That's awesome Kurt!

Based on my vids, my fastest was in the 1:35s, but I felt like I was pushing harder in the last couple sessions (not braking for 1) so I may have gotten a touch faster. The GoPro was dead though so I've got no proof!

It's always fun when Rudy and I duke it out at the end of the day He's faster/same speed as me everywhere on the track, except my power takes him every time on the back straight
Thanks. Why do we never run into each other the track lol. Only time I saw you was early in the morning when I was still warming the engine up

Old 10-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #1017
doogee
Stance is Gay.

Here is a quick clip of someone making a nice save going into 5.

Still uploading my laps.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #1018
BMXWill
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb_600 View Post

I was riding along with rudy for that session, maybe it was the battle but it felt really fast! Your front passenger tire lifted at the crest of 5a and didn't seem to touch down again until quite a ways past the apex of 5b.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #1019
doogee
Stance is Gay.

Playing with a Porsche. My good video will be up shortly.

Last edited by doogee; 10-10-2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:26 PM   #1020
doogee
Stance is Gay.

Here is the good lapping. Two wheeling into 4 at 5:35!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: