Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-22-2012, 01:11 AM   #31
///Lucid
2nd Gear Member

Perfect guys i'll follow up on all of these and guess what I found sitting in front of a shop that's also IN MY AREA.
Photobucket
///Lucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:09 AM   #32
///Lucid
2nd Gear Member

I forgot to mention that I ended up stripping one of the torque heads on the drivers side when when I was removing the old axles. So by grinding off the final lug I ended up having to try and drill out the left over slug within the flange and this is what happened.

First time drilling a slug out and I forgot to center punch it which explains the excess bit on the side and lack of hand eye coordination left me leaving a small hole in the collar

And now to options:
1. Off myself.
2. Since the flat side of the flange is flush I can mount the axle anyways minus one torque and possibly risk greater damage in the future? But then again some honda guys ride with 3 lugs on their tires.
3. Buy / look for another drivers side flange for my ti. Used meaning I'd have to buy the whole diff from someone or OEM..

Any advise from you guys I would greatly appreciate.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:28 AM   #33
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

That was a bad move; should have just grinded off the head, after that axle would be off and NO pressure on the bolt. With just a bit of heat and vise grips the stud would have come out, no need for drilling! (same goes for wheel bolts).

We have the flange in stock, $30 plus shipping.
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X5 M3 M5

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #34
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

$30 isn't a horrible mistake. Lucky!
Old 08-15-2012, 06:54 AM   #35
///Lucid
2nd Gear Member

Hey guys I just wanted to post the status of my car as it seems fitting since all of you guys pitched in with your more than helpful advice. For the past two and a half weeks and counting my car has been running like a champ since the swap! I'd like to thank all of you guys for giving me a figurative hand in this. Another personal thank you to Serge and Filip for being patient with me. Also threw in some refurbished bilistein's and new h&r's in the rears. Should be working on the fronts tonight since I look ridiculous right now but I'm just happy to be cruising again

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: