Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-11-2012, 10:46 PM   #976
jon.e
2nd Gear Member

Buy a formula 1200 for next to nothing a enjoy some fun racing without having to worry about putting your beautiful car into corner 2. Thats what I did. Even tho it's only 60hp, racing with 18-20 cars in the pack is just ridiculously fun.

Number 34 caracle c! Come say hello at the next barc race!
formula 1200 atoms arrow #68 and #44
jon.e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:16 AM   #977
BmW1819
6th Gear Member

u put your car in the wall?? john???
BmW1819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:51 PM   #978
DItalianJob
M//ini POWER

Send a message via Skype™ to DItalianJob
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
I think you can learn plenty racing the E36, then when you're comfortable with your racecraft and are competitive, build your CTCC entry. Just a little unsolicited opinion...

EDIT: if nothing else, you can find out if you're cut out for it and like it. I don't even mean doing many seasons, just start by getting your license, getting signed off and trying a race or two in the E36.
Now that is smart advice!

But I think in this case some people like the thrill and challenge of "the build" more and have less motivation to "drive".... I'm sure they like to drive but actually is not their true motivator.
More of a "builder than a "driver"... if you will.

Nothing wrong with that. You built a nice car and now it's time to build another...
: )
DItalianJob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:00 PM   #979
BMXWill
2nd Gear Member

I think everyone is missing the point here.. If he wants to race CTCC sooner than later, he should sell this while he can, build an e90 over winter and get everything sorted with the car that is eligible to race in CTCC. Rather than waste time and money on a car he knows he will be replacing in the near future anyways.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:00 PM   #980
doogee
Stance is Gay.

Send a message via MSN to doogee
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
I think you can learn plenty racing the E36, then when you're comfortable with your racecraft and are competitive, build your CTCC entry. Just a little unsolicited opinion...

EDIT: if nothing else, you can find out if you're cut out for it and like it. I don't even mean doing many seasons, just start by getting your license, getting signed off and trying a race or two in the E36.

I hear you, but I need to get this build done while I still have time. I can't really wait around. It's going to take an entire year just to build the car. Plus another year or more in regionals. It'll be 2-3 years from now if I can make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DItalianJob View Post
Now that is smart advice!

But I think in this case some people like the thrill and challenge of "the build" more and have less motivation to "drive".... I'm sure they like to drive but actually is not their true motivator.
More of a "builder than a "driver"... if you will.

Nothing wrong with that. You built a nice car and now it's time to build another...
: )
Wow you couldn't be more wrong. Quite the psychoanalysis considering you've never even met me.

I've pumped tens of thousands of dollars into driving. Building a car is great fun and yes I love doing it, but driving is what I really care about.

Dakar M3 Track Build Thread
doogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:01 PM   #981
doogee
Stance is Gay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMXWill View Post
I think everyone is missing the point here.. If he wants to race CTCC sooner than later, he should sell this while he can, build an e90 over winter and get everything sorted with the car that is eligible to race in CTCC. Rather than waste time and money on a car he knows he will be replacing in the near future anyways.
Thank you Will! You have the correct idea.

Old 08-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #982
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

I've pumped tens of thousands of dollars into driving. Building a car is great fun and yes I love doing it, but driving is what I really care about.[/quote]

Mostly at the wrong events though, if you don't mind me saying.

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:48 PM   #983
doogee
Stance is Gay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post

What do you mean?

Last edited by doogee; 08-12-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:39 PM   #984
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Some of these comments are fackin' hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post
But that ^^ takes the cake. Are you seriously that irritated he doesn't spend a dime on Trillium anymore that you feel the need to make that comment? Common John, just because you haven't ridden in the car to drop your 2 cents about how he should drive, or how he should setup his car, or how he spends his money doesn't mean he's retarded and needs to be placed in the C group of Trillium schools. Your elitist Trillium attitude isn't helping attract membership when you talk down to everyone like that.

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #985
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogee View Post
I hear you, but I need to get this build done while I still have time. I can't really wait around. It's going to take an entire year just to build the car. Plus another year or more in regionals. It'll be 2-3 years from now if I can make it.
Right on man, not trying to tell you what to do, just sometimes impulse decisions benefit from a brake-check but sounds like you've thought this through so **** me, look forward to the next build thread!
Old 08-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #986
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Good luck with the next build Kurt.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:26 PM   #987
sb_600
5th Gear Member

Quote:
I'm sure you already know this, but keep in mind the 10year CTCC rule.

So if you're building a car, make sure it's one you can run for a while - but I guess the e90s were produced until what... 2011? By the time you're ready for CTCC, it'll be 2015ish so yeah, you'll get a good 6years out of that car before you need to get a new shell.

Anyways, can't wait to see the next build. Should be a blast
1992 BMW 325i (CHUMPCAR #296 - Metric Homes Racing)
1992 3.0L M52 325i (ex-daily driver - track car only)
2002 330Ci (ex-daily driver - sold!)

sb_600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:22 PM   #988
3x Beemer
4th Gear Member

Quote:

But that ^^ takes the cake. Are you seriously that irritated he doesn't spend a dime on Trillium anymore that you feel the need to make that comment? Common John, just because you haven't ridden in the car to drop your 2 cents about how he should drive, or how he should setup his car, or how he spends his money doesn't mean he's retarded and needs to be placed in the C group of Trillium schools. Your elitist Trillium attitude isn't helping attract membership when you talk down to everyone like that.
+100. I see that attitude in ALL of his posts.
3x Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:18 PM   #989
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:
Can't run an E36 in CTCC
well that sucks. boourns to that rule..but I guess it keeps the "riff raff" out so to speak.

Last edited by SiR; 08-13-2012 at 09:21 PM.
SiR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:21 PM   #990
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3x Beemer View Post
+100. I see that attitude in ALL of his posts.
going to have to agree with that. There was that huge blow up earlier in the season but to his and others credit they did dial it back.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: