Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > BMW Cars For Sale
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #1
hlrt_m3
1st Gear Newbie

1997 BMW E36 M3 Sedan Helrot

Get her in time for Bimmerfest!

The reason for selling is I need to satisfy an impulse urge to get a drop top, so I'm not rushed to sell and I will only let her go at the right price. Trade only for an AP1 S2000.

The car is Canadian spec and Sports Package.

Details:
• ~220km
• 5 speed manual
• Helrot Red on black leather interior – detailed and vacuumed obsessively a few times each season
• OEM Clear lights all around with LaminX on the headlights.
• Body is in really good condition, no scratches or door dings. Hand washed and waxed regularly. Was professionally detailed at GTA in Detail in ’08: http://gtaindetail.com/pics/m3040808/
• Never winter driven, stored in underground car park (heated, secured)
• BMW floor (carpet and all weather) and trunk mats

Mods:
• Goodridge GStop Stainless Steel brake lines
• KW V2 coilovers (adjustable damping and height)
• 10 mm spacers in the front
• Convertible XBrace installed
• Illuminated M shift knob
• Pioneer mvh-p8200bt headunit (lights match the interior lights), I still have the original unit.

Maintenance:
Since April:
• AC and Aux belts
• Full brake job: Brembo (F) and Zimmerman (R) rotors with EBC GreenStuff pads
• Fan clutch and aux fan switch
• Rear tires (Dunlop Star Spec all around)
• Spark plugs and boots

2009-2011 (little things left out):
• Clutch
• PS Return line + fluid
• Cabin filter, engine air filter
• OEM Vanos (sept. ’09)
• Cam sensor
• All Fluids flushed
• Cooling system overhaul
• Engine & tranny mounts
• Guibo

And much more from before. Essentially I have an almost full binder of records since March 2007.
Oil changes have been done more times that I can count and brake fluid change has been done at least once a season. I changed the spark plugs each spring.
The car passed e-test with flying colors in June, and will sell certified at the asking price.

Price: $16,000.

Please contact me at e36forsale at hotmail dot com

The pics are from 2010 when I bought her. Nothing has changed except tires and the ride height has been raised by 1/2". Also the rear bumper sag has been fixed as much as possible

Last edited by hlrt_m3; 08-06-2012 at 02:42 PM.
hlrt_m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #2
hlrt_m3
1st Gear Newbie

hlrt_m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #3
turboteg
2nd Gear Member

Nice e36 M3 had one just like that...price is high tho e46 M3 price range.. especialy with 220KM...but again very nice ride GLWS
turboteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #4
sparf328
boostjunky

definitely looks very clean and well kept, although the price is a tad high but its an unmolested, clean example of a m3/4/5, best of luck with the sale, its nice to know there are still clean e36 m3's around, especially a four door! id love to own an m3 sedan one day and hopefully one this clean glws
sparf328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #5
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Exactly what I'm shopping for, but the price???? Others in equal shape with lower mileage are going for 6k less...... So I started shopping for an e46M3 at this price or less, and have found over half a dozen for less. I would prefer a four door e36 though.

If you change your mind on price pm me. Love the colour!

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:03 PM   #6
hlrt_m3
1st Gear Newbie

regarding price: what you're getting is a well documented, well kept hassle free 4 door in a not-so-common color combo. i'm not in a rush to sell, and if that ever changes.. well i guess then it will be obvious

not to start a e36 vs e46 debate thread, but to answer some questions: i would prefer the e36 more due to better road feel (imo), easier to work on and overall i prefer the looks and 4 doors. so being faced with choice between this and an e46, i would jump in the e36. but, as always, to each their own!

thanks for the comments guys!
Old 08-06-2012, 09:37 PM   #7
picus
Detailing Geek

Send a message via AIM to picus
Ahhhhhhh, don't do it man. This car is an absolute beauty. It's been 4 years since I worked on it and I still remember it clearly. Good luck with the sale though; seriously it's a great car.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:35 AM   #8
Crustashio
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post
Exactly what I'm shopping for, but the price???? Others in equal shape with lower mileage are going for 6k less......
Rust free, similar condition, lower mileage e36 m3s for 10k, in Canada? I'd love to see evidence of that, because I would fly across the country and buy one in a second. I've looked a few for ~10k on kijiji and they always had issues/accidents/rust. That, or owners who definitely don't seem to be enthusiasts when you start asking them common questions. A good example is an estoril one for sale in markham with lux seats in a non-lux car.

That said, an e46 m3 with ~100k did just go for 16k on these forums so deals are out there if you're patient. And there definitely are similarly priced e36s with less mileage, but I personally couldn't find owners willing to deal out of province.
Crustashio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:58 AM   #9
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

that 16k e46 m3 also turned out to have problems/was neglected.

this e36m is cleaaaaaaaaaaaaan
Old 08-07-2012, 10:11 PM   #10
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustashio View Post
Rust free, similar condition, lower mileage e36 m3s for 10k, in Canada? I'd love to see evidence of that, because I would fly across the country and buy one in a second. I've looked a few for ~10k on kijiji and they always had issues/accidents/rust. That, or owners who definitely don't seem to be enthusiasts when you start asking them common questions. A good example is an estoril one for sale in markham with lux seats in a non-lux car.

That said, an e46 m3 with ~100k did just go for 16k on these forums so deals are out there if you're patient. And there definitely are similarly priced e36s with less mileage, but I personally couldn't find owners willing to deal out of province.
Well I think you should get on a plane then because a friend of mine just picked up a mint e36 m3 for $8900 with 175000km, and another friend of mine just picked up the cleanest high mileage e36 M3 I have ever seen for $5500. Yeah it had 320 000km but looks awesome and only needed a few rubber things. That said if you take a look at autotrader, kijiji and these forums you'll find about a dozen clean low mileage M3's for the 10k neighborhood. Unfortunately as the OP stated none are 4 door and none are this fantastic colour.

WRT E46 M3's about 47 available under 18k in GTA right now!

Old 08-07-2012, 10:58 PM   #11
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:
Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post
a friend of mine just picked up a mint e36 m3 for $8900 with 175000km, and another friend of mine just picked up the cleanest high mileage e36 M3 I have ever seen for $5500. !
those had to come from south of the border...where you cant compare pricing in the used market. you just cant.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:09 PM   #12
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Nope both Canadian cars.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:10 PM   #13
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Believe it or not there are clean Canadian cars, you just have to be patient. my e30 is a Canadian car and when I bought it 4 years ago it was 100% rust free.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:28 AM   #14
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

those prices dont make sense unless its a 95 or something.

definitely way under the going rate up here.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #15
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Maybe start a discussion elsewhere? Let the guy sell his car. He is free to ask any price he wants.

Whether or not you or someone else is willing to pay that price, shouldn't be discussed here. When the car doesn't sell in a few months, and the OP asks for suggestions, you can voice your opinion.

GLWS, it's a rare car in that color/shape, you'll just have to find the right buyer...

Tags
e36 m3, sale, sedan

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: