Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-08-2012, 02:31 AM   #61
MaxBell
Clint Eastwood

That looks fresh dude. Putting an ///M oil cap tho? Tsk tsk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411 View Post
just letting this furom [*forum] know
MaxBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:07 AM   #62
mtlbloodshot
2nd Gear Member

Thanks lol yah well I needed a Oil Cap anyways,I like the ///M one better ohh and because of the S52 cams
mtlbloodshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:03 PM   #63
MaxBell
Clint Eastwood

S52 cams? I'll allow it.

Quote:
Old 06-16-2012, 07:52 AM   #64
mtlbloodshot
2nd Gear Member

June 16, 2012

Had nothing else better to do.... So I stripped my steering rack, got it sand blasted and was going to powder coat but my buddy didn't want to risk scrapping his enough with the PS fluid that was left inside the rack. Anyways, I painted it myself. Wasn't the first time. Im glad with the over all result.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:21 PM   #65
mtlbloodshot
2nd Gear Member

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Well since my last update, a lot of stuff was done on the car. I finally took the hit and made the AKG purchase. I was going to use the e28 green mounts but like my buddy says, might as well put the good stuff while you're there (Levent). Remember back I found the deal on the AKG bushings for extremely cheap, well having everything AKG is a great idea. Here's the purchase.
-M5X Engine Mounts
-Non Airbag Steering Rack Kit
-Flex Shaft Coupling
-E30 Transmission Mounts

This weekend, the car was brought in where it's gonna spend the rest of the summer, fall and winter. Its only coming out next summer (2013). Who knows, it might even get painted.
Stripping the machine began. The interior was very very easy but the front end wasn't so fun. Rust sucks. Luckily I have fenders, hood and front bumper. Have to change both rockers and rear outer wheel wells. Going to pick a valance when the time comes. All the wheel well liners are off, exhaust is off. More updates to follow. Enjoy

Old 07-19-2012, 04:10 AM   #66
MaxBell
Clint Eastwood

Not coming out til 2013?! Good heavens man!

Quote:
Old 07-19-2012, 08:36 PM   #67
mtlbloodshot
2nd Gear Member

A rebuild must not be rushed on a fantastic car like a E30 Max.. It'll all be worth it!!
Old 07-25-2012, 09:38 AM   #68
mtlbloodshot
2nd Gear Member

Tuesday, July 24, 2012
3.23 LSD!!!
Last night I found an amazing and rare deal on a local differential from a 2000 Z3M Roadster. Long story short, the gentlemen was told by a dealership that the diff had to be replaced. He purchased himself another diff to have the same "ticking" noise. Went to get a second opinion and found out that there was no problem with it. Stuck with two 3.23, he sold the car and decided to put the original one for sale. Found it, called him and tonight went to pick it up. It turns very freely, beautiful inside with 50 000 Miles on it. Never really abused he said. Sadly, it didn't come with the cover. I'm planning on using a E30 cover or saving up the loot and getting the finned. Time will tell. As for work on the car, I removed the front sway and found out that both are Suspension Techniques bars which was a big bonus for me. I sanded lightly and gave the front a new fresh coat of the original lime green look.
Pictures off the finished product to follow.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #69
mtlbloodshot
2nd Gear Member

Thursday, July 26, 2012 -

As promised, this post will be pictures of both sway bars, fully repainted lime green. I know why repaint them the same color. They didn't need to be resprayed but I'm trying to base myself on a self satisfaction theory. Removing the rear bar was a PITA but after speaking with a buddy, he told me to drop one of the springs and it came out easily. One of the rear sway bar tabs broke so that will be have to be welded back. Here are some pictures. Next thing to do on my list is remove the coolant and the rad that way I can remove the engine soon, but before that I will remove the quarter windows and doors. Stay tuned!

Full wrapped up with bubble wrap

Old 07-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #70
mtlbloodshot
2nd Gear Member

Old 07-31-2012, 06:52 PM   #71
mtlbloodshot
2nd Gear Member

Monday, July 30, 2012 -

Last night, I made a lot of progress in two hours time. To start, I drained out the coolant in my rad. During it was draining, I removed my cluster. Will be for sale soon. After that was removed, I took the plunge in removing the side view mirrors and the Shadow line trim. I was nervous about it kinking or bending to the point of return, but everything went well. Found some rust on the bottom of the B pillar (driver side). Soon I will be cleaning and painting my Rad with fresh paint.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:05 AM   #72
mtlbloodshot
2nd Gear Member

Thursday, August 2, 2012 -

Last week a nice order was made with ECS and today, the package arrived. To start, they had a FRONT BUMPER MOUNTING KIT including every single bolt, nut, washer, bracket that has to do with the front bumper. Good deal. Since, the order was being made, front and rear discs were purchased. Brembos and for the pads, EBC "green stuff". There was a mix up with the order so the front pads didn't arrive and I'm still waiting for my UUC DSSR. When the M3 steering rack was stripped for sandblasting and powder coat, the lines that are on the rack had to be scrapped so those too were ordered. Enjoy

Old 08-07-2012, 08:32 AM   #73
mtlbloodshot
2nd Gear Member

Friday, August 3, 2012 -

Tonight, I made little progress. I found a diff cover from a local scrap yard. Wasn't much fun removing it. Every bolt was rusted and jammed, but I managed.
Burnt the crap out of the bushing so it can go for a nice sandblast. Once it's back, the AKG bushing will be popped it.

Painted the S50 Beauty Cover all black. Was trying to give it a brand new look with the white but it wasn't happening for me. It turned out better than I imagined.

Here's all the beer we've drank at the shop after hours
Old 08-07-2012, 08:33 AM   #74
mtlbloodshot
2nd Gear Member

Monday, August 6, 2012 -

Took action in cleaning up the Z3M diff and painting. I used low gloss engine enamel. Came out fantastic. Looks brand new external to match the clean internals.

After

Old 08-08-2012, 09:37 AM   #75
sweet6e30
1st Gear Newbie

I demand MOAR updates!! Nice Work Luca!!!
sweet6e30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: