Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #1
sb_600
5th Gear Member

2012 Calabogie Gentleman's GT Race Series

I know this is far for some of you, but if you can make it, it really is a blast. Plus, if you add it on to a lapping day, then it might make the drive even more worthwhile!

Quote:

THE 2012 CALABOGIE GENTLEMAN'S GT RACE SERIES AND CALABOGIE CUP

First the official stuff:

Think you have what it takes to Race at Calabogie Motorsports Park. Why not test your racing skill in the 2012 Calabogie Gentleman's GT Race Series AND the Calabogie Cup.

What's a gentlemen's race?
It is all about camaraderie, safety, sportsmanship and just good fun! There will be specific passing zones on a fully marshalled track, so playing nice is mandatory! This are must do events, and ask any previous participants, try it once and you are hooked. This makes lapping feel like a drive to the grocery store

How do I Qualify
1. You DO need to have been signed off to drive solo at Calabogie Motorsports Park, but you DONíT need a Race License. This entails having completed at least one full day at CMP with an instructor or equivalent.

2. You and your car must have an average runtime around the full track between 2:19-2:50. This series will run on the GT Short Track, cars will be broken into multiple classes based on qualifying times.

3. You must be running a Hero Cam or some other video recording system with a removable memory card inside the car to record the race from the drivers perspective. This reason this is mandatory is for safety ad legalities in case of an incident. For the most part videos are all for your fun and review/training.

4. You will require a SNELL Rated Helmet, M2000+ or SA2000+.

5. Your car must adhere to the CASC-OR Ontario Time Attack Safety Specifications located in SECTION 1 here:http://www.casc.on.ca/sites/default/...ons_online.pdf
The annual inspection list can be found here: http://www.casc.on.ca/sites/default/...check_form.pdf
Calabogie Race officials hold the final word regarding the apparent safety of a vehicle. If they feel your vehicle is unsafe for the event, your vehicle will not be allowed on the track.

Registration

To register for an event please email me at CalabogieGT@gmail.com with the following information:
1. Name, Address, Email Address, Phone Number and DOB
2. Emergency Contact information: Name, Relation, Home and Cell phone number
3. Car: Make, Model, Year, List of Modifications
4. Experience: Minimum requirement of being signed off to drive solo at Calabogie Motorsports Park.
5. Your average lap time around the full track, and GT Track if you know it.
6. Event(s) you are registering to attend.
7. Payment Ė UPON SUCCESSFUL Qualification/Screening, a registration/payment link will be forwarded to you. Event registration and payment will be made here.
8. No charge cancellations can be made up to 7 days prior to an event. If purchased in bulk, cancellations will be limited, and the fees for non cancelled races (even if they have already been completed) will be changed to the single race fee, and your refund will be made accordingly. Cancellations within 7 days of the event will be charged out at the full rate.

Pricing - Single Events
Per Event - $250.00, HST included (Not Including the Calabogie Cup)
Calabogie Cup - $425.00 + HST
Full Day Test and Tune - Subject to standard 1 day CMP Lapping Fees

Pricing - BULK EVENTS
Package 1:
Bulk any 3 GT Race Events (Not Including the Calabogie Cup) - $600.00 (HST Included) -
This price also includes 1 Full Day Test and Tune of Your Choice
To Include the Calabogie Cup, Please add $350.00 +HST

Package 2:
Bulk all 6 GT Race Events (Not Including the Calabogie Cup) - $1,200.00 (HST Included) -
This price also includes BOTH Full Day Test and Tune dates
To Include the Calabogie Cup, Please add $300.00 +HST

Event Dates (remaining)

7. Calabogie Cup - August 10th - Aug 12th - Multiple Races over the weekend - a guaranteed blast every year! Full schedule to be released in the spring - Coincides with the IMSA Finals.

8. GT Race #5 - Friday August 24th (EVENING) - Follows the AISA Lapping day -

9. GT Race #6 - Friday Sept 14th (EVENING) - Follows the Track and Time Time Attack Event -

Event Schedule - Subject to modification
4:00 to 8:00 PM
4:15 to 4:45 Check-in & Registration
4:45 to 5:00 Driver's Meeting - Mandatory
5:00 to 6:00 Practice & Qualifying
6:15 to 7:00 Gentlemenís Race Ė GT track
7:00 to 8:00 Post Race Award Presentation & Social

Prizes
With a minimum of 5 GT Class registrants for a specific event, there will be a $250.00 Calabogie Motorsports Park Gift Certificate awarded to the first place winner of that event. More registrations = More prizes, i.e. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, and same for multiple classes.

This is a pretty grassroots event, so we are currently looking for other sponsors to provide prizes and/or gifts for either placed finishes (1st, 2nd, 3rd, and Last) and/or for draws. If you or someone you know would be interested in providing prizes of some sort (gift certificates, cash, merchandise, etc.), please contact me at CalabogieGT@gmail.com

Race Rules

Race Rules Gentlemen`s GT Race (Subject to change)
1. Passing will be in specific zones and is by point by only, one point by per car. If you are the second car and donít see a point by, you must wait until you do.
2. Under no circumstances is a pass to take place without a point by signal. Once you give the point by, you must let the car pass, you may not out drag it to the next corner.
3. Passing without a point by, or passing in a non-passing zone will result in a black flag, a warning will be given in the pit lane and a second violation will result in disqualification from that session.
4. It is your responsibility to watch your mirrors. If someone is on your tail for at least 2 corners you MUST let them pass. If you stay on their tail for next 2 corners they must let you pass. Blue flags will be used, and if you are blue flagged, it means you are not doing your job and playing fair. Repeated disregard for the blue flag will result in a black flag and a drive through penalty, and or disqualification from the session.
5. This race is intended to introduce people to racing without the danger of car to car contact and drivers are expected to keep otherís safety in mind the whole time. We will do our best to not intrude on the racing with the blue flags but keep in mind that this series is a fun introduction, not the Montreal F1. Safety is paramount and we will pull anyone driving in an unsafe manner.
6. Minimum requirement for safety apparel will be: SNELL Rated Helmet, M2000+ or SA2000+, Full Length pants, closed toes shoes, and LONG SLEEVE SHIRTS. Full Racing Safety apparel is recommended.

I look forward to another fantastic series this year, and for many years to come. Donít hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

For more information on the track or the mustang race series, please visit calabogiemotorsports.com

Thank you, and I hope to see you at the track!

Matt Edmonds
CalabogieGT@gmail.com
The only race I can do is the sept 14th one, but if any of you can make the others, I would highly recommend it!

Here's my video from the last race I did:

1992 BMW 325i (CHUMPCAR #296 - Metric Homes Racing)
1992 3.0L M52 325i (ex-daily driver - track car only)
2002 330Ci (ex-daily driver - sold!)

sb_600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #2
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Crap, I don't think I can make the Sept one as we have a regional race at Mosport that same weekend

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
sb_600
5th Gear Member

booo!

Old 07-31-2012, 09:33 AM   #4
sb_600
5th Gear Member

Update:

Quote:

hey guys:

Looks like registration is a little low for the calabogie cup weekend, so i proposed that the track do a group buy for peoples like us, and they agreed!

Here are the deets, 10+ guys sign up in a group buy and we will get $100 knocked off the price of the admission fee.

Proviso: Unfortunately not to be combined with other deals, i.e. Guys who already have discounts from signing up for the gt series. Not sure if other gcs will be allowed in conjunction, but im sure they'd work something out.

Matt edmonds
calabogiegt@gmail.com

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: