Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-26-2012, 08:18 PM   #1
bachchoi
1st Gear Newbie

Car haul, anyone done it?

Intro: (Optional)

Hey guys! I'm fairly new here. Although I haven't posted much I've been lingering around the forum for the past few months, mainly the buy and sell section. I've been looking for an E46 330ci as a first car for commuting, occasional trips and educational purposes. I know many people would say it's terrible idea for me to get a "expensive" car in my situation but it's something I really want and I'm passionate for. I'm working full-time and I don't have school at the moment. My parents want me to get a car and are willing help me along with my money earned from work. I'm working towards my G2, yes I know I really slacked off but I should be getting it around November this year as I took driving school.

Question:

As I said I'm looking for a preferably a "ZHP" 2005 330ci E46 coupe M-Sport but unfortunately there are not many options in Ontario or within driving distance of me and I wanted to broaden my options so I was wondering if anyone knew anything about car hauling (say from BC and if there's was a good deal) and if it's worth considering. I'll appreciate any kind help or advice, thanks!
bachchoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:00 PM   #2
//Mik3
2nd Gear Member

Had a car shipped from southern Cali to Detroit where I picked it up. $850 but seller ate a few hundred I think. Google transporters you can find lots.
//Mik3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #3
bachchoi
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by //Mik3 View Post
Had a car shipped from southern Cali to Detroit where I picked it up. $850 but seller ate a few hundred I think. Google transporters you can find lots.
Wow 850, that's not bad. As long as it's not worth something like half the price of the car itself. Did you actually take a look at the car before buying it though?
bachchoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #4
//Mik3
2nd Gear Member

Yes of course! Never underestimate the power of forums!! I offered cash for a forum member to look at the car for me drive it and snap pics. He went out there checked everything out and emailed me over 100 pics he took with his slr. He refused any compensation as I offered him $100 for his time. Said he was glad to help. Mailed the draft and the car was on its way.

Nowadays I have no fear searching for a car anywhere on the continent.
//Mik3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: