Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > BMW Cars For Sale
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-23-2012, 07:52 AM   #1
Crustashio
1st Gear Newbie

WTB - e36 m3 coupe/sedan 5spd

Disclaimer: I live in Halifax, but am willing to fly out and pay cash for a nice example. They're pretty hard to find out here.

I finally sold my ZHP sedan, so now I'm looking for a 97-99 e36 M3 coupe or sedan. I have up to 15000 to spend on a pristine low mileage example, but I am willing to look at anything up to about ~200000km. Needs to meet the following requirements:

-No rust. I'm ok with a few dings/scratches as M3s are getting up in age, but I'm not interested in anything with rust. This pretty much rules out winter driven cars unless it was very well taken care of.
-Manual transmission only
-Any colour but cosmos black. I'm especially interested in rarer colours like boston/fern green and estoril, but I'm fine with anything as long as it isn't black.
-Good maintenance history
-Stock exterior - no bodykits/spoilers. Stuff like euro taillights is ok.
-I'm fine with any performance mods, except for turbos/superchargers. Suspension mods like good quality coilovers, camber plates, swaybars are a plus.
-3-spoke steering wheel, sunroof delete, vader seats and harmon kardon package are all a plus.
-Not at all interested in m3 conversions - if the VIN doesn't start with WBS, I don't want it.

I'm always checking kijiji/autotrader but I figured there might be ones that aren't listed yet.
Crustashio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #2
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Honestly, I wouldn't bother looking at Ontario cars, they will be few and far between, and will command a premium. I would look south, examples that meet your criteria are selling for reasonable prices and are fairly common. Happy hunting!

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:24 PM   #3
Crustashio
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe View Post
Honestly, I wouldn't bother looking at Ontario cars, they will be few and far between, and will command a premium. I would look south, examples that meet your criteria are selling for reasonable prices and are fairly common. Happy hunting!
Problem with down south is the travel time/distance for me. I'm eyeing a lot of postings on bimmerforums, but the good examples tend to be in the carolinas/florida/central US which is a hell of a lot of driving time for me. Flight cost, hotels, duty, and the warranty recall letter/metric conversion (Halifax BMW charged the owner of my last car 800) drive the cost up pretty high for a ~12-13k example. I'm not ruling it out, but I'm in no rush so I'm checking eastern canada first. If I can't find anything this year I'll plan to book time off next spring and do it.

I have gotten some PMs, there definitely are people looking to sell nice examples.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #4
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

what about sharocks car? for sale right in this forum
Old 07-25-2012, 10:48 AM   #5
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
what about sharocks car? for sale right in this forum
no one in their right mind would pay that kind of money for that car with a trashed interior.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:31 AM   #6
Crustashio
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
no one in their right mind would pay that kind of money for that car with a trashed interior.
Yeah, no offense to him but 12k is ridiculous. Trashed vaders in a very hard to find colour, 150k miles, and a lot of admitted paint/body issues. Then you still have to pay duty/RIV fees on top of that. I could see someone buying that as a track car and swapping in some race seats, but not for that price. He's free to ask what he wants, and maybe someone will care that much about the paint code, but not me.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:07 PM   #7
Sharocks
2nd Gear Member

Trashed interior? It's the front driver's seat that's trashed is all, rest is all good. Paint isn't trashed, it needs a good detail and cleanup. I feel that for the maintenance done to the car it's a solid price but I mean I'm up for offers as well. OBO remember?
Sharocks is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: