Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Classics
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2012, 10:11 PM   #1
Eau_Rouge
2nd Gear Member

1980 BMW 320i

I have a 1980 320i that I purchased with the intenion of installing an e36 M42 engine and transmission. That said, I have no use for the stock M10 and 5 speed transmission. The car odometer shows 88k. The car being a local GTA car since new has very little corrosion with the largest rust spot being about the size of a human palm on the driver's side floor by the clutch pedal. This is only surface rust. The rest of the floor in the car is in perfect shape. What I'm trying to get at is that given the rust situation, it appears that the odometer reading is accurate. Please note that given that I am not the original owner, I cannot confirm that the odometer reading is accurate althought the UVIP that I got from the seller does state mileage as 88k.

Anyway, I'm going to proceed with my engine and trans swap so I would like to know if there is any interest in the M10 and transmission in my car. The engine hasn't been started in a few years but does turn over freely. I'm planning on doing a compression test in the next few days as well. If anyone is interested in the engine and/or transmission, please let me know.
Eau_Rouge is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: