Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2012, 10:54 PM   #1
scott_88
wgn_drgn

Angry Door damage =(! shop recommendations? Pics attached

Hi all,

I've recently screwed up an scraped my Wagon against a wall where I work. I'm quite upset! In typical urban hospital fashion, the parking lots were full by the 9am clinic I'm working at now, so I decided to park in a spot that was small and nobody took yet. I parked really close to the passenger wall to allow me some space to exit the car. When I drove out of that little microspot, I foolishly had my sunglasses on, was fiddling with my a/c etc, and wasn't paying attention when I scraped the wall. The crunching sound it made still resonates in my ears lol.

As you can see, there is a gigantic dent in the door, as well as some scrapes. There is no visible deformity on the inside door panel, and the entire door still closes, albeit with a larger gap at the bottom (see pic). There are not side skirts. No other damage can be discerned.

I have attached some monster pics of my wagon's injuries. Where should I take it? I've been doing some cruising on this website, and have heard of some common hits include the following:

427 auto collision - Good stuff but a tad pricey.
European auto body - Seems to get the most praise, but a lot pricey
Luxury autobody - recommended by some members, but don't know many details
J.C. Collision - Across from Rocco at RMP. Apparently he recommends it, but I can't find much on it.
Budd's Collision - expensive in typical stealership fashion

The only thing is, I'm still a student (for ever and ever), I need to replace all four shocks soon too ($$$), and I'm coming from Hamilton. Also, I would love my wagon to look in tip top shape, but the reality is the vehicle has 170 000 km on it and is starting to show its age! Thus, a basic fix (eg. push out panel, paint) would be fine with me.

My questions to the forums here are:

1) Where would you recommend given my, sort of, criteria?
2) I'm totally inept at body work estimates, so can anybody give me a BALLPARK on what this might entail, given the details that I have provided? For instance, my girlfriend recently crunched in her rear 1/4 panel on her '00 Corolla, and shops had quoted as high as $3000 for a perfect job. She ended up paying $300 for a job that looks pretty damn good,save for a crappy paint job (but she doesn't care).
3) How long could it take? I imagine it is very shop dependent. I read about one poster taking about 10 days. I will be commuting to Mississauga from Dundas (W of Hamilton) daily for the next little bit, and need to way all my transportation options.

I look forward to hearing back from everyone.

Scott
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20120723-00043.jpg (496.9 KB, 334 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20120723-00044.jpg (497.4 KB, 332 views)
scott_88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
autobody, dent, door, scrape, shop

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: