Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 06:59 PM   #16
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?
 
bmdbley'sBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: in your attic!
Posts: 4,674


Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdalinda View Post
really? everyone carrying a pistol? what happens at bars then when one person has had a little too much and draws there weapon for what ever reason? the entire bar will draw their guns. thats not such a good idea. tell me can you accurately fire your weapon while intoxicated?

obviously you have to make a exception for bars then correct? ok. what happens when one person sneaks into a bar with a pistol then?

your left with the exact same problem we originally started with. but now more people have guns.
what happens if i drive my car drunk? - should we ban all cars?
what happens if i plow my car into a crowd of people waiting at an intersection or at a bus stop - should we ban walking?
what happens if i bring a sharp kitchen knife out onto the street or into a Bar & just start stabbing people?
should we ban utensils & start eatin with our hands for a safer society?
__________________
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:33 PM   #17
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,861
http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/07/19/...-on-fisher-ave

Right beside my car Lucky, no gunshots at my car but i stayed up till like 1:30pm because I wasn't sure if my car was involved somehow. Crazy it was in our parking lot >_<
__________________
HavocSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:09 AM   #18
blakneto
3rd Gear Member
 
blakneto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hamilton/Brampton/Toronto
Posts: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by rendered View Post
I say just start deporting all the "gang bangers" , "hoodlums", and "wanksters" to Guantanamo Bay..... lol no but it all seriousness, these police officers have to be more aggressive with "persons of interet"... make them know they're being watched... but a criminal/crook doesn't care about going to jail... that's their fate to end up there!
That sh*t don't work... its call PROFILING or RACIAL PROFILING to be specific...
Its ILLEGAL and a violation of HUMAN RIGHTS.

There is NO WAY to get rid of guns.
Guns are not bought in stores.
Bullets are not bought in stores.
Guns travel all over the world via hand to hand or smuggling.

Increased police presence is one effective way to deal with this.
Who is going to "bust some shots" with the police virtually 5 mins away?

Maybe figure out why the IDIOT has a gun in the first place.
Find who SOLD them the gun and lock them in jail for 5 years.

Deal with it like prostitution in Canada... You can be a hoe, but anything thing you BUY with the money from your HOE-BUSINESS is ILLEGAL and subject to confiscation.
blakneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:36 AM   #19
Bimmer Heaven
MaXsponsor
 
Bimmer Heaven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ontario
Posts: 15,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakneto View Post
That sh*t don't work... its call PROFILING or RACIAL PROFILING to be specific...
Its ILLEGAL and a violation of HUMAN RIGHTS.

There is NO WAY to get rid of guns.
Guns are not bought in stores.
Bullets are not bought in stores.
Guns travel all over the world via hand to hand or smuggling.

Increased police presence is one effective way to deal with this.
Who is going to "bust some shots" with the police virtually 5 mins away?

Maybe figure out why the IDIOT has a gun in the first place.
Find who SOLD them the gun and lock them in jail for 5 years.

Deal with it like prostitution in Canada... You can be a hoe, but anything thing you BUY with the money from your HOE-BUSINESS is ILLEGAL and subject to confiscation.
Deal with smuggling, sure; make it a 20+ year jail time for anyone involved in such activity, and we'll see a big drop! You see any gun problems in Cuba!? Wonder why...Way too much freedone will cause probems like this, be hard on the criminals alll you want, so much that nobody would want to be one!

As for prostitution, might be "illegal", but they have to pay income tax on it! Does the government have to confiscate that too...from itself!???
__________________
BIMMER HEAVEN
Specialized in BMW recycling, all OEM used parts
Up to 90% off new cost!!!
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4


Etobicoke location opening mid June!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Bimmer Heaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:37 AM   #20
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,850
you cant stop the crazies with bans. it doesn't work. ever.
__________________
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:52 AM   #21
Big Chin
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Toronto - Waterloo
Posts: 1,076
Bottom line from the conversation looks to be you get stuck with a dilemma of charging or profiling people... and stepping all over their human rights...

Hate to spoil everyones party... but criminals don't play by ANY rules... so if people want this problem annihilated... some people might have to get stepped on from time to time...

Increase sentences for guns... but if people REALLY want them they will find them.. you have to change the mentality of being in a gang and wanting to hold a gun...

Social programs should be added... you wanna be a bad apple after all the free hand outs... your legs should get broken...
__________________
Maxbimmer FeedBack
Big Chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #22
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
what happens if i drive my car drunk? - should we ban all cars?
what happens if i plow my car into a crowd of people waiting at an intersection or at a bus stop - should we ban walking?
what happens if i bring a sharp kitchen knife out onto the street or into a Bar & just start stabbing people?
should we ban utensils & start eatin with our hands for a safer society?
so lets give guns to everyone, and when a situation arrives with mass panic and confusion have innocent people shooting other innocent people.



If everyone had a gun I would say there will be just as many bad shooters as there is bad drivers. so close to half the population.


Plus look at states that allow concealed carry permits, look at their murder rate. still sky high, why isnt their cities safer? for example detroit
ericdalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:14 PM   #23
nate_s89
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Windsor
Posts: 428
^Detroit is a terrible example (and other states with carry permits for that matter). The LARGE majority of murders are committed with smuggled / stolen weapons. You think average people with no criminal record are walking around committing these murders? No. Its mainly inner city. (highland park etc.)

And believe it or not, not everyone has a concealed weapon permit. First off, you cant have a criminal record what so ever, secondly there are different levels of concealment (only one that allows you to have a loaded gun).
nate_s89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:58 PM   #24
Jon325i
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdalinda View Post
so lets give guns to everyone, and when a situation arrives with mass panic and confusion have innocent people shooting other innocent people.



If everyone had a gun I would say there will be just as many bad shooters as there is bad drivers. so close to half the population.


Plus look at states that allow concealed carry permits, look at their murder rate. still sky high, why isnt their cities safer? for example detroit

Remember the States has 10 times the population that Canada has. Statistically the US has become considerably safer since concealed carry laws have come in to effect. Concealed carry in most states has only been around for about 10-15 years.

Anti guns crowds said with the liberalization of concealed carry laws "Blood would flow down the streets." It hasn't happened. In fact, violent crime in many area's has drop at least 30%.

Also The cities with the most gun crime in the US, i.e. Detroit, Chicago, New York, LA, Washington, all of those cities already have the strictest gun control measures in the US.

Funny how the cities with the strictest gun control have the worst records of gun violence.

Violence is a social issue, not a gun issue. Once you start blaming "objects" for the actions of people, it's all down hill from there.
Jon325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #25
lvan
6th Gear Member
 
lvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Location
Posts: 5,253
Send a message via MSN to lvan
For sure it was someone that did not know how to mess around with a gun. Otherwise, it could have gone with ten or more deaths.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:47 PM   #26
Blades
Your opinion is to long
 
Blades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 5,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon325i View Post
Remember the States has 10 times the population that Canada has. Statistically the US has become considerably safer since concealed carry laws have come in to effect. Concealed carry in most states has only been around for about 10-15 years.

Anti guns crowds said with the liberalization of concealed carry laws "Blood would flow down the streets." It hasn't happened. In fact, violent crime in many area's has drop at least 30%.

Also The cities with the most gun crime in the US, i.e. Detroit, Chicago, New York, LA, Washington, all of those cities already have the strictest gun control measures in the US.

Funny how the cities with the strictest gun control have the worst records of gun violence.

Violence is a social issue, not a gun issue. Once you start blaming "objects" for the actions of people, it's all down hill from there.
What the **** are some of you people talking about ..


http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/jan/10/gun-crime-us-state#data



you see those guns states .. not helping. when you have something near you in an act of rage your going to use it no matter what it might be .. better a fork or broken beer bottle then gun.

you ban guns completely (because there is no need for them except to kill something) and give out 10 years prison sentences with anyone found with one .. thats it. No guns .. dont need them.
__________________
-=[ BL/\DES ]=-



All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:13 PM   #27
Jon325i
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
What the **** are some of you people talking about ..


http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/jan/10/gun-crime-us-state#data



you see those guns states .. not helping. when you have something near you in an act of rage your going to use it no matter what it might be .. better a fork or broken beer bottle then gun.

you ban guns completely (because there is no need for them except to kill something) and give out 10 years prison sentences with anyone found with one .. thats it. No guns .. dont need them.


Cmon buddy you expect to bring facts to the table using stats from an anti gun UK based newspaper?

Do your self a favour. Do some research on the US dept of Justice web sight and learn a thing or two.

Besides you won't like the world we'll live in when everything is banned.

First they will bans guns, then sugar, than caffine, then any car over 125 HP.

Why do you NEED a BMW with 400 HP they will say. The speed limit is only 100.

THAT is your freedom being eroded.

Last edited by Jon325i; 07-20-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Jon325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #28
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,850
by the way update to this:

23 wounded by gunfire
4 died.
total 27.
__________________
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:16 PM   #29
Big Chin
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Toronto - Waterloo
Posts: 1,076
Haven't seen an argument this bad since Boots was on the forums...
__________________
Maxbimmer FeedBack
Big Chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:58 AM   #30
lvan
6th Gear Member
 
lvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Location
Posts: 5,253
Send a message via MSN to lvan
The reality is that the glory days of Toronto are long gone. Those were the 1970s and 1980s. That was the era when they had cash for policing, subway expansion and street cars that are being used even today.
I am just not sure how they manage to lure in all these immigrants to come here so they can work two jobs(some three). They must be comming from some very ****ed up places.... I also love how our mayors try to stick in here for a mandate, and than they take off for good. Miller was a prime example of that. Damnn wish I came out of pussy just a few decades earlier...... Damn....
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015