Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Supporting Vendor Comments/Feedback > Bimmerboys
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-20-2012, 08:38 PM   #16
BimmerBoys
3rd Gear Member

To: Eurostyle and anyone else who cares:

I hate used parts and only sell them when I have them, I don't go out of my way to buy and sell them exactly because of this scenario! When I take an order I contact all three of my suppliers, get a quote and add between 5$ and 20$ to the total order for my "cut"
you will not find anyone selling for that little profit on new parts.

Yes this is only a part time "job" to fund track projects for the next 11months until my sponsorship runs out. I have a real job, a wife, a family, and a few chipmunks living in my garage... so if you want your parts yesterday then please seek elsewhere. If you want to save a bit of cash, then place an order, swing by and have a beer, talk about cars and chill.

I dont have a staff or a warehouse or a shipping department, its just me, tape and some cardboard.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:41 PM   #17
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBoys View Post
To Proper, Notorious, 5style and SIR. I was not selling a motor swap, just a motor ecu and harness.
When someone sells a motor normally you assume that there is nothing missing from it.

Until dealing with trying to buy M5x (or newer BMW) motors I've never seen so many people trying to sell motors with parts like the accessories, intake manifold, fuel rail, etc as extras.

They're not "extras"

That said, I'm not trying to single you out.. I'm just sharing my general experience.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:48 PM   #18
BimmerBoys
3rd Gear Member

OH and MadChigga real beauty at the end of your first post...

you thought it was too cheap, never not paid for something etc etc. I BOUGHT you an alternator the next day for 100$ for you. I told you that in a PM remember, you didn't offer to pay for it. So I guess your morality is a little exaggerated.

any ways its like 4am and I have nothing further to say. good night and GO CZECHS!
Old 06-20-2012, 08:51 PM   #19
BimmerBoys
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
When someone sells a motor normally you assume that there is nothing missing from it.

Until dealing with trying to buy M5x (or newer BMW) motors I've never seen so many people trying to sell motors with parts like the accessories, intake manifold, fuel rail, etc as extras.

They're not "extras"

That said, I'm not trying to single you out.. I'm just sharing my general experience.
Fair enough, I have never sold a motor to anyone before ever. I did my best to collect the missing parts and shipped them at my expense. I didn't have a few and had to buy a few. I think all that was left was the power steering. so for a complete swap (minus power steering) for 450$ I think it was a very good price.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:13 PM   #20
qwerte
2nd Gear Member

Why isn't this under the "Supporting Vendor Feedback" section?

FTR, I would consider it to be a significant difference to buy/sell something as a swap compared to a Motor, ECU & Harness. It ultimately comes down to communication, but both parties share responsibility to ensure that they know what they are buying/selling.

If it was propositioned as Motor, ECU and Harness I think there is no right to expect power steering pump and other accessories to the motor. But that should be made clear to both buyer and seller before the deal is put into action.

I would consider this as a learning experience for both as they have both suffered from the transaction as a result of unclear communication.

(My communications with BimmerBoys has been prompt and honest, but I have not yet made any purchases)
Old 06-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #21
TheMadChigga
Taiwan Panda Racing Unit.

Send a message via ICQ to TheMadChigga Send a message via AIM to TheMadChigga Send a message via MSN to TheMadChigga
Quote:
wow Geeze Guys... I'm in Europe at the Euro Cup... looks like I left too much unfinished business behind!

I'm trying to get my wife to hook everything up but she is no mechanic. I didn't start this to rip anyone off. far from it! I did this cuz I can get better prices and just wanted to make a few bucks on the side. BUT let me address some of the madness before it gets out of hand...

to "Madchigga" I understand your frustration, but you have been very selective with your PM references here. you were NEVER sold a "Complete" engine EVER! period. If you disagree then please find or invent the quote where I promised you a SWAP rather than a motor.

you asked for and were given a price on a "motor harness and ecu" remember? shall I find that PM for you?

Not until some time after did you realize that what you needed was a complete swap, at which time you began to badger me for more and more parts to the point of threatening to contact your credit card company!
Sorry about the miss-communication but I gave you every nut and bolt I had. no Power steering pump or lines, no, but I did my best.

What else are you missing after today besides that?
PJ, look at the PM I quoted, that was the first one I asked you about the M52 swap into my Ti, note, I asked to swap into the Ti with harness, DME, etc, not just a long block, how in the world am I suppose to start an engine without a MAF/knock sensor/cam position sensor/power steering/alternator?

And don't say I invent quote, you have the same PM's as I have, here's the screenshot in case you think I write them out of thin air.

You never once said the price did not include the accessories and I will need to source those separately, I've bought motors without accessories, and they say "NO ACCESSORIES", and the engine was $500 + $250 for bumper and I also paid $150 for delivery.

And what alternator for $100? you've never told me anything about nor send me a PM, on June 6th you asked for rest of the payment in the PM:

Then the next PM was on the June 11th saying you'll send me the parts and bumper, that was the last time I heard from you:

I've sent you PM asking there are any updates on the 13th, 15th,
I threaten to dispute the payment cause you never got back to me, time is precious for everyone, I'm sure yours too, if you are going to be away for long time, at least attend to business end of things, how are others suppose to know you are away? I was gone for 2 weeks overseas but I read my emails and reply to them even phone calls daily, that's even with automated email replies saying I won't be in for 2 weeks, did your wife send the stuff with Fedex as well? because the box says the slip was printed on June 18th from your address, you told me things were gonna be on their way and everyday I call Jay to see if they show up but everyday he told me no.

If those things were not to be included, why couldn't you tell me the first time I ask for them? why waited a week and a half to let things get to like this? that's great you've got a family to feed and hobby to enjoy, but you are a max sponsor for crying out loud, you paid the fees so you can advertise your service/products and sell it to the user on this forums or even more, you made mistakes then accept the fact that mistakes were made and instead of telling me that selling a whole engine incld accessories for $500 is too cheap, why can't you just accept it and offer an apology and move on? I even said I wasn't going to dispute the payment for missing parts, why does going to Euro cup has anything to do with me buying things from you, why did you not tell me you were going to be gone to Europe for a while and can't answer as fast as you usually can, I paid for the parts on time, I paid for delivery, and you can't just let someone sitting there and wondering what happened, because I'm sitting here debating what to do, I even was worried if you were hurt, but then I check that you have been online and on the forums many times during the 11th and 16th, if you went to Euro Cup then why was the bumper with air box knock sensor sent on the 18th?

Last edited by TheMadChigga; 06-20-2012 at 10:58 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:06 AM   #22
BimmerBoys
3rd Gear Member

Yup the wife would have taken care of it, it was shipped from my address because she lives in the same house as me.. I let her know to ship once the bumper had shown up, to send everything in one shot. Sorry it didn't work out as quickly as it should have. I had no idea it was missing a cam sensor either. I put a new "updated" one in there from an e46 and included the wiring for it as well. I'd double chech that because I did that install the morning I brought it out to you.

Any ways. You've made your points here, but now its nothing more than a public shouting match. If you'd like to talk then pm me . I won't get back right away but I'll get back to you.

Again... What are you still missing? I can send you a stock cam sensor if you don't like the e46 one that is in there. (Which is a recall fix on later e36 cars)
Old 06-21-2012, 08:26 AM   #23
sproule905
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadChigga View Post
There's no phone # on their website nor he ever gave me any so I sent him mine and ask him to give me a call, but that never happened.
that's just poor form.. and busines 101.

get a phone bimmerboys!

Old 06-21-2012, 09:24 AM   #24
BimmerBoys
3rd Gear Member

I never had any intention of hiding my phone number and I never realized it wasn't on the site. Lots of guys here have it! And its on every package I ship so again just a virgin mistake. 519-852-5256. If my wife answers please don't yell at her, talk to me if you're unhappy about something.

Again I want to point out... I'm not a typical business in that I have a wearhouse or have a staff. I just have channels through which I can get better prices and want to share that with max. I make. 5$-20$ on orders. I'm not getting rich or anything, but I enjoy meeting members and making like minded friends.

Here is an example.

The M3 front bumper I sold to Sam. I order it from california.
It costs me 172$ plus tax to my house in lonodon. So 194$ it costs me 53$ to fedex it. So
247$ I sell it for 265$ minus 8$ paypal fee so 257$

That leaves me 10$

I do this because I love bmw and I wanted to make a positive contribution, if I'm not doing that then I'll gladly stop and save myself and you guys the hassle!

Madchigga: I really feel that I did my best. And I think that at the end of the day I've learned to be very clear on what is included and what is not. Rest assured I won't be bitten again! I'm sorry this all went to hell, I really had no idea what was involved in a ti motor swap, and would much rather have taken care of this on day one rather than chase parts and send multiple shipments.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:36 AM   #25
TheMadChigga
Taiwan Panda Racing Unit.

Send a message via ICQ to TheMadChigga Send a message via AIM to TheMadChigga Send a message via MSN to TheMadChigga
Quote:
I never had any intention of hiding my phone number and I never realized it wasn't on the site. Lots of guys here have it! And its on every package I ship so again just a virgin mistake. 519-852-5256. If my wife answers please don't yell at her, talk to me if you're unhappy about something.

Again I want to point out... I'm not a typical business in that I have a wearhouse or have a staff. I just have channels through which I can get better prices and want to share that with max. I make. 5$-20$ on orders. I'm not getting rich or anything, but I enjoy meeting members and making like minded friends.

Here is an example.

The M3 front bumper I sold to Sam. I order it from california.
It costs me 172$ plus tax to my house in lonodon. So 194$ it costs me 53$ to fedex it. So
247$ I sell it for 265$ minus 8$ paypal fee so 257$

That leaves me 10$

I do this because I love bmw and I wanted to make a positive contribution, if I'm not doing that then I'll gladly stop and save myself and you guys the hassle!

Madchigga: I really feel that I did my best. And I think that at the end of the day I've learned to be very clear on what is included and what is not. Rest assured I won't be bitten again! I'm sorry this all went to hell, I really had no idea what was involved in a ti motor swap, and would much rather have taken care of this on day one rather than chase parts and send multiple shipments.
PJ, apology accepted and I appreciate it, shit happens to everyone and as long people learn from it, then its time to move on, I've bought the parts that I needed for the swap, I do not need anything else.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:37 AM   #26
fuzionx23
2nd Gear Member

so to recap: BimmerBoys is an amateur business owner and we shouldn't buy from him. thanks for the feedback TheMadChigga.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:06 AM   #27
cormier
6th Gear Member

^^ that's not what I got from this thread at all lol

Old 07-04-2012, 08:49 AM   #28
Ceeker
Parts hoarding partner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzionx23 View Post
so to recap: BimmerBoys is an amateur business owner and we shouldn't buy from him. thanks for the feedback TheMadChigga.
cut the guy a break..he's part-time business owner. and really ISN'T doing it for the money. now if he's not doing it for the money then he's really not in it for the business side of it is he? so what do you expect from him? Do you think he should invest all his time and energy to make a few ticks on the dollar just to make you guys happy? He said it straight; I'll get you parts to the best of his knowledge and make a buck or two for his time and trouble and the inconvenience for this, is patience. if you need it sooner or immediately then buy from a big business and pay the piper!!

I find the general attitude on here is people want everything for nothing. not only do people want it cheap, but right now. in the real world, this shit doesn't take place.
As for not getting all the parts? that can be a simple oversight seeing one isn't dealing in this every single day and can't know everything. Bad preparation on the bus owners part perhaps. but in defense, this happens in other business as well. just an unfortunate experience but as long as no one got hurt - it's all good.

on a related note: I deal with someone regularly from the states. up until now he's been pretty good with me until recently. I asked for price/avail a number of times now and I got the "I'll get it, I'll get it. and now over 3 weeks and I got it...I got " I'm too busy and really sorry I couldn't" what do I say to that? so now my projects are hung up for over a month because his priority now is his shop and not me. I can suck it up or I can leave and find another supplier who will be glad to take on my business. :-)

I think I've had 14 bmw's in 4 years.
2 IX's -sold and parts
2 325i 4 dr - sold
4 318is all white - sold and parts
1 87 325is red - parts
1 89 325i vert grey - parts
1 90 325is white - keepin
1 87 325i vert -red - keepin
latest addition 1 88-325is red - parts
latest addition 1 89-325i vert - white -fixin/sold
latest addition 1 92-318i vert - blue - parts
latest addition 1 87 325is blk - parts.

latest addition as of 2013-Gold 87-325is auto! it's a keeper!
Old 07-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #29
Nick_V
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceeker View Post
cut the guy a break..he's part-time business owner. and really ISN'T doing it for the money. now if he's not doing it for the money then he's really not in it for the business side of it is he? so what do you expect from him? Do you think he should invest all his time and energy to make a few ticks on the dollar just to make you guys happy? He said it straight; I'll get you parts to the best of his knowledge and make a buck or two for his time and trouble and the inconvenience for this, is patience. if you need it sooner or immediately then buy from a big business and pay the piper!!
Bull$hit. I haven't seen that explicitly stated anywhere except in this thread, in his own defense. He must be a REALLY nice guy if he is willing to deal with all the headaches that come from dealing with angry customers to do this for peanuts. If that's the business model, it should be spelled out in capital letters on his homepage - "Great prices, whenever we get around to dealing with you, after we have your money, that is." I'm pissed because he accepted a payment from me for some parts almost 4 weeks ago and hasn't returned PMs/emails since. Nothing. So I read this thread and see that he went on a nice vacation. Would have been nice to know. I could deal with what he "straight out" said if it actually would have been straight out. My beef is that there was no mention of him being away, possible delays, etc. and absolutely no communication after taking my money. Not to mention a total disregard for my project timeline. You'd think a true enthusiast would know how frustrating it is to be kept in the dark for weeks after forking over money for shit he needs to keep his project rolling. How hard would it have been (knowing he was leaving for vacation) to say, "Nick, I can get your parts no problem, but if you need them asap you might wanna try somewhere else as I'll be away for a month." This is in no way about wanting something for free, it's about people conducting business poorly.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #30
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

What I got from this is I must be lucky to get a complete motor when we buy motors lol

Cam sensor...really, yikes!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: