Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Videos and Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-28-2012, 01:33 PM   #1
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Chris Harris: Is technology making cars worst?

Discuss.
I say yes and no. Yes for the sports car or any type of driver's car, No for the daily drivers.

Problem is, only a small amount of us (Mainly car guys) feel this way and car manufactures are making cars with more and more technology and weight, and they are selling more cars (due to the general public) so they'll continue to do so.

Chris Harris has been bang , I enjoy watching alot of his videos lately.

Last edited by T.Dot_E30; 06-28-2012 at 03:18 PM.
T.Dot_E30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:59 PM   #2
Blades
Your opinion is to long

who?

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:46 PM   #3
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
who?
Old 06-28-2012, 06:09 PM   #4
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

I agree, worse. I think after hitting high points or good ideas like heated seats etc it went crazy. Now it is to the point when your headlight doesnt work you could spend $$$-$1k+, ridiculous.

It is imo devaluing cars on resale, look at nearly any 7 series in the last 5 years! They are bloated pieces of crap waiting to break and cost tons to fix and thus devalue greatly. Creature comforts are great, its paying for them that isnt and for that reason alone most new tech blows.

For example, was working on a Range Rover today, no external key lock, all remote, wtf who asked for or needed the lock removed, wasnt it cool anymore to be practical
Old 06-29-2012, 08:59 AM   #5
King Luis
The King.

Send a message via MSN to King Luis
the issue is a lot of people these days look at a car as a device to get them from point a to b. manufactures are seeing this and creating cars with more gadgets with less emotion and interaction making cars in general numb and bland.

Sold:2004 Silver Gray M3
Mods: Dice Unit, EAS Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors, CSL Diffuser, Smoked Corners, PSS10s, 15mm Front and 10mm Rear Spacers.

Gone:1990 Brilliantrot 325is
Mods: Alpine speakers and HU, Euro Projectors, Magnaflow Muffler, Euro Smoked Tails and GC Coilovers.
King Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:05 AM   #6
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Interesting that Chris mentions the joy of a 6spd manual gearbox (I agree with him) but then points out the shame that N.America never got the CSL (an SMG-only car). Either way, i'm VERY happy with my naturally aspirated E46 M3. Each time I drive my wife's modded 6spd E93 335i, I yearn to be back behind the wheel of my car.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:35 AM   #7
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMPOWERD View Post
Interesting that Chris mentions the joy of a 6spd manual gearbox (I agree with him) but then points out the shame that N.America never got the CSL (an SMG-only car). Either way, i'm VERY happy with my naturally aspirated E46 M3. Each time I drive my wife's modded 6spd E93 335i, I yearn to be back behind the wheel of my car.
Turn up the boost, yearning will decrease

I think market demand will balance things out. His HiFi example is a good one. Look at the FR-S/BRZ. It's the vacuum tube amplifier. 99% of the public is happier with cars that are easier to drive, with endless presets and automated this and that. For the 1%, there you go.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:04 AM   #8
DIY
Permanently Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Luis View Post
the issue is a lot of people these days look at a car as a device to get them from point a to b. manufactures are seeing this and creating cars with more gadgets with less emotion and interaction making cars in general numb and bland.
+1
The downward slope started with the automatic transmission, not only are the cars numb and bland the drivers are now too.. The only thinkoing drivers are now doing is what music do I want to hear

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: