Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-26-2012, 07:38 PM   #871
Racer
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exbmwtech View Post
First off.... why so hostile. I asked (thought you might have done many laps around Mosport/CMP). So after reading your reply you haven't got a clue ,there are many schools and people that would like to teach people that are are interested, BUT you must loose the attitude first. And you never know who you are talking to....... I have done more laps around Mosport/CMP(and have held a SCCA ProRacing licence) than you ever will.Last thing Kurt is out there and you're not ,so until you can back it up and get out of your chair.......shut up or put up.
you're the one with the attitude problem. I don't care how many laps you've done if you did them wrong. having a racing license doesn't mean anything, anyone can buy one. if my car is ready i will came to the bmw school in september, but just for the lapping portion, not really interested to be taught how to suck. maybe we can have a race.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:40 PM   #872
Racer
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolimit77 View Post
Best way to deal with this guy is to ignore him. He is not serious about anything he says and is only trying to stir the pot for his own enjoyment. Do NOT play his game.
thank you. if you can't say anything smart, just STFU.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:50 PM   #873
exbmwtech
2nd Gear Member

There was a guy just like him at one of the BMW schools many years ago , after the first session the instructor refused to get back in the car with him because he knew it all and told the instructor he was better than him (also told Derek Hanson he knew nothing)........... the instructor was James Clay from Bimmerworld(quite the shoe behind the wheel).... the student later crashed his car with another instructor ......racer come on we know that was you.
exbmwtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:09 PM   #874
Racer
2nd Gear Member

James Clay was never my instructor. don't make up stories about me, you know nothing about me. James Clay, Derek Hanson, I don't know these names, are they supposed to mean something? Are these the same people that teach you BS driving techniques? Big shots in BMW schools?
No one can teach you how to drive, I don't care how good they are. You must do it yourself and it will come to you naturally, just like walking. reading a few good books like speed secrets will do much more than "instruction" from some bmw fan boy.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:31 PM   #875
cormier
6th Gear Member

Lol another Racer appearance in this thread, awesome.

If only we could all be so talented and have no need of instruction....

On topic, great shots from mosport!

cormier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:32 PM   #876
exbmwtech
2nd Gear Member

Sorry Kurt(I got carried away with the poser high jacking your thread) I watched this thread because your build was/is interesting........enough of this hide behind my keyboard racer.... back to the real stuff. How much did the build cost in total. Did you solve the soft pedal issue?
exbmwtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:43 PM   #877
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

I also want to hear about the brakes issue? Resolved.

Much love to Racer! Max just wouldn't be the same without you.

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:09 PM   #878
doogee
Stance is Gay.

Send a message via MSN to doogee
As for the total of the build I would have to do some math and figure that out and I'm not sure I even want to know! Lol

As for the brakes, I was complaining about the low pedal because I was used to the higher pedal in my daily e36. Recently I've driven two other E36's with the same brake setup and the pedal felt just like my M3. So I decided to get used to it. I've just been so used to my black car. So I guess it turns out something is different about that car instead!

I still wish the brake pedal was higher though. Heel toe is much easier in the 328.

Oh well

Picked up a Hans device pro yesterday for an insane price! Going to have Rudy customize it a little for me

Untitled

Racer and I are going to settle our differences...at race wars.

Dakar M3 Track Build Thread

Last edited by doogee; 06-26-2012 at 11:15 PM.
doogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:45 AM   #879
BMXWill
2nd Gear Member

Don't do it Kurt. I hear Racer is running two S2000's with Spoon Engines overnighted from Japan with over 100k under the hood. Word is he carries enough speed out of turn 1 to be gapping from the ridge at the top of 2 over the tree line into the downslope on 4 almost every lap.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:50 AM   #880
doogee
Stance is Gay.

^^ haha

Racer has been spotted driving this:

Old 06-27-2012, 01:56 AM   #881
doogee
Stance is Gay.

Racer has also been spotted driving on walls in Russia. You can't learn this from a driving instructor.

Untitled

Apparently he has so much downforce it can't be measured.

Old 06-27-2012, 02:05 AM   #882
iverson03tj
5th Gear Member

I hear he is stirring up some hype in the middle east !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzC6yU6DhkY
e36 328is - (m52)AA S/c'd, M50 Mani, 3.23 LSD, M3 Brakes, Zimmer rotors, hps pads, Racing Dynamic Strut Bar, Depos, m3 Bumper, Intake, Spal fan, poly RTABs, Eibach Swaybars, Koni yellow, Mishimoto Rad, Silicone hose, Alumi T-housing, Depo w/LED Angels, LED tails, 12' Alpine Type R, Suede head liner, LTW Low rise spoiler
PREVIOUS CARS
92' 325is (m52) - M3 conversion AA S/c'd
'97 Euro Estroil E36 M3 Vert (S50B32)
iverson03tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:19 AM   #883
davericher20
black and blue

Lol!
Nice pickup on the hans! Gettin there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:38 AM   #884
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogee View Post
^^ haha

Racer has been spotted driving this:

I knew Racer was Russian!

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:37 AM   #885
ScotcH
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogee View Post

As for the brakes, I was complaining about the low pedal because I was used to the higher pedal in my daily e36. Recently I've driven two other E36's with the same brake setup and the pedal felt just like my M3. So I decided to get used to it. I've just been so used to my black car. So I guess it turns out something is different about that car instead!

I still wish the brake pedal was higher though. Heel toe is much easier in the 328.
Honestly, the best mod we did on the e36 race car was to get rid of the vac booster. Direct connection to the pedal, and now the brakes feel like they are supposed to ... very similar to the full tilton pedal box we have on the e46s. ABS hides so many braking issues with these cars it's not even funny ... I won't say that ABS is bad, because it really is quite effective, but it doesn't let you fully use the brakes, and does nothing to teach you proper braking technique. ANd the booster is just WAY overdone, so there is zero feel.

Just do it If you want a clean bolt on solution, check out Massive Lee's booster delete kit.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: