Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #16
Maple
1st Gear Newbie

There was never any recalls By BMW regarding E46 subfloor.

Please get your facts straight and then make your assumptions
Maple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:59 PM   #17
pawelgawel
3rd Gear Member

no one is stating there was an official recall in canada. the US market is far larger and more people had this issue and BMWNA decided to fix this issue to thise who made it on time before the recall was ended.
Here in Canada BMW will not admit this issue, but as some lucky members here will tell you, their problem was fixed free of charge by some of the dealers.

As for my numbers (5%)... i read that on one of the sites... so basically got it out of my ass ;-)

If a large number of owners experienced this in Canada... this would become an official recall. its a safety Hazard.
pawelgawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:42 PM   #18
Maple
1st Gear Newbie

There was NEVER a recall by BMW. Not in Canad nor in USA. Please get your facts straight.

You understand the difference between a recall and a law suit settlement ? If not, let me elaborate on this.

A recall is when a car manufacturer discovers a problem with a particular car and recalls all of those cars to be fixed at no cost,. no matter where the car is sold.

A law suit settlement is.....well ...a law suit settlement.

Here is a history lesson on what happened and hot this whole situation started . A bunch of Americans SUED BMW of US and won . BMW of US issued a settlement statement to fix those cars for American citizens and gave a deadline for it.

LIke I said , get your facts straight first.

Settlement deadline passed and you are NOT an American citizen . Stop crying and fix your car yourself

Last edited by Maple; 06-23-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Maple is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: