Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-19-2012, 07:00 PM   #16
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

on a stang, if you unplug the diff, the odo stops counting, speedo still works.

You"re welcome.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #17
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

Hrmmm... I'll let him know.

2007 Z4 3.0si
Deep 3.2TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #18
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep 3.2TL View Post
Hrmmm... I'll let him know.
works on the 05+ 100% confirmed, probably works on older too.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:47 PM   #19
mgunter
2nd Gear Member

If I got Hagerty with a modified vehicle that I drive less than 10000km's per year to work (a shop) I would be fine, correct?. If I were to ever get in an accident I could say I was taking it to work to have it worked on which for my last BMW was the case most of the time.
mgunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:49 PM   #20
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

No, with Hagerty, work is a stipulation. It's meant for pleasure drives, club meets, etc. It says not to work...

You could spin it if you had an accident, but technically, no, not allowed to work.

2007 Z4 3.0si
Old 06-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #21
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

^ I'm pretty sure it's just not supposed to be a regular commuter. As in the car you use every single day to get to work. I know a fellow with a hot rod that he drives to work occasionally, and he's insured with Hagerty. He told me that they put that stipulation in there to keep people from daily driving a classic every day, because most accidents happen once the drive becomes routine. He might be full of shit though, but it makes sense, which means it's probably less true knowing how insurance works...

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:11 PM   #22
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe View Post
^ I'm pretty sure it's just not supposed to be a regular commuter. As in the car you use every single day to get to work. I know a fellow with a hot rod that he drives to work occasionally, and he's insured with Hagerty. He told me that they put that stipulation in there to keep people from daily driving a classic every day, because most accidents happen once the drive becomes routine. He might be full of shit though, but it makes sense, which means it's probably less true knowing how insurance works...
Right, no regular commuting. They even went as far to say to him that if he had a break down on his Avalanche, that he wouldn't start to use the Mustang as a daily. They said ice cream type trips (pleasure drives), club meets, bascially anything not DD related...

The insurance is very cheap. He insured for $30K and it's costing him about $1000 a year...

You also have to be AT LEAST 25 with 10 years driving experience and have enough cars in the home that this car isn't required.

2007 Z4 3.0si
Old 06-20-2012, 06:04 PM   #23
mgunter
2nd Gear Member

Guys, I understand that it's not supposed to be used as a DD but I work at a shop. You are allowed to drive it to a repair facility if work is required are you not? So technically I would be fine if my car needed work every day of the week...right?

I can't do it anyways because I'm not over 25 (didn't see that rule on their site).
Old 06-20-2012, 08:28 PM   #24
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

That would be stretching the rules of it...

2007 Z4 3.0si
Old 06-20-2012, 08:54 PM   #25
mgunter
2nd Gear Member

I know but I was looking at a modified Porsche and I searched high and low for insurance and could not find anyone who wanted to touch it (it's lowered). Hockeyfan do some searching for me and no one would insure it for a reasonable amount of money. I toyed with the idea of doing what I had explained but gave up on it. Just wanted to get everyones opinion while we're on the topic!
Old 06-20-2012, 09:39 PM   #26
honeydew
Don't laugh,it's paid for

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgunter View Post
I know but I was looking at a modified Porsche and I searched high and low for insurance and could not find anyone who wanted to touch it (it's lowered). Hockeyfan do some searching for me and no one would insure it for a reasonable amount of money. I toyed with the idea of doing what I had explained but gave up on it. Just wanted to get everyones opinion while we're on the topic!
What! Really? When did all that happen? I used to have a slammed Talon that was quite modified for drag. DD too. The insurance wasn't cheap but I remember they use to give me like 5 or 10% off because I was a member of the DSM Race Club.

It was around $1800/year. in 1999

I have had my Supra with Hagerty/Lant Silver wheel plan since May 2007. Unbelievable coverage. I have made a claim before and they are so helpful and understanding. I imagine they are Customer Service Gods with anal uptight owners out there. My uncle told me. He's in a Porsche Club and insures his 2003 911 with them.

Now my car is well over 15 years old (it's 23 years old now.....golly) so that's probably why I have such a low rate. I had to get an appraisal done for $125.00. It's also a non-depreciation plan. Meaning if someone levels us in 6 years but the car has obviously aged...Doesn't matter You are insured for the full appraisal amount. Full coverage plus $25,000. Fort knox for $365/YEAR. But they've been cleaning up lately, I haven't driven it in like 2 years.

I am getting completely SC****D with the M3 though. Lant couldn't do the M3. I had to have an appraisal for over $30K or Car has to be over 15 years old. First year of coverage for the M3: $4700.00 You'd think I would have had 20 DUI's or something. Murder IDK. Went to $2400.00 in year 2. I almost sold over that.
honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:01 AM   #27
mgunter
2nd Gear Member

This was only in the past couple of months. I think he still has it for sale but I'm looking at other things.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:23 AM   #28
ChrisTO
∞ Gear Member

pre-existing condition...SC...claim denied.

great thread. and i too am surprised by this. figure there are many modified vehicles on the road. guess no one fesses up when asked the question about modifications.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:32 AM   #29
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeydew View Post

I am getting completely SC****D with the M3 though. Lant couldn't do the M3. I had to have an appraisal for over $30K or Car has to be over 15 years old. First year of coverage for the M3: $4700.00 You'd think I would have had 20 DUI's or something. Murder IDK. Went to $2400.00 in year 2. I almost sold over that.
In a word... Brampton....

Derek (a forum member that works on my team) tested a 2011 Mustang GT at his address in Brampton on insurancehotline.com - $431 a month (he's under 25). SAME CAR, SAME COVERAGE, SAME EVERYTHING with my address in Milton - $191...

2007 Z4 3.0si

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: