Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > BMW Cars For Sale
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-18-2012, 05:04 PM   #16
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven4d View Post
15k for that LMAO for 16k you can buy an e46 m3, the most thats worth is 10k if it has a clean carproof. since the car is from the states you will never know whats its really been through or its original milage.
I'd buy this over an e46 m3 any day, and twice on Sunday

That being said I wouldn't pay more for this car over a stock one of equal condition.

Very nice car though, hopefully the owner states what he wants for the car, as per this forums rules, and doesn't play the cat an mouse game on price. Hard to take a seller serious when you don't give a price.
richie_s999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:17 PM   #17
seven4d
1st Gear Newbie

for 15k you can get an e39 m5 with lower km than this anyday. this car is nice dont get me wrong but trying to get 15k for a 95 is crazy. not saying you wont find a noob to pay that price but thats stretching it out hard. if it was a 99 euro spec with dinan stage 3 then it would be worth 15k
seven4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #18
bmwmck
3rd Gear Member

Post the price that you think it's worth, not anybody else. You know the car best, so you out of anyone knows what it's worth.

It looks like a great car that has been well taken care of. Hopefully It can go to someone who, like you, knows what it's worth and appreciates that. GLWS

Ps. love dakar!
bmwmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:02 PM   #19
tyler328is
young and dumb

95 or 99 are the most desired first and last year
price is 16K its rare and mint
tyler328is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:58 AM   #20
vic325ci
2nd Gear Member

As much as it is to go to stage 3 Dinan, Dinan is incredibly overpriced but I'd still say the car is worth at least 14K...and I would throw in an extra 50 bucks to get rid of that Dinan logo on the back lol
vic325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #21
spoony_prelude
Eurowerke

to be honest your better off keeping the car. you wont get anything close to what it realistically is worth! i do agree with your that the car is worth 20 grand. but finding someone who will pay you 15 will be hard enough, nevermind 20! regardless if you sell it for 10-20grand, it sure is one heck of a sweet ass car!

Jay
Old 04-01-2012, 06:50 PM   #22
dcramer
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
I'd buy this over an e46 m3 any day, and twice on Sunday
Care to elaborate ?

From my POV the e46 M3 would have OEM reliability.

S/C would require more bottom end refresh's on a regular basis if you were going to push it to the limit regularly.
dcramer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:57 PM   #23
Discostar
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler328is View Post
lol you on glue bud, you can see everything on the carproof i had it before i bought the car. Not to mention it was owned by CCA member or whatever fully documented at BMW and enthusiast auto took it in. Also this body style is far better than the e46
Look on the Dinan site how much it is to go STAGE THREE

shame
The car looks likes it’s in pretty good shape and well taken care of, from the pictures anyway. I'm sure that you could justify your reasoning behind a 20k price tag with all those parts. But in all honesty you will have a very hard time selling that car at that price, if it sells at all. The e36 has become almost worthless unfortunately. Coupled with the drastically dropping prices of the E46, the market seemed to have almost disappeared over the last few years, and those that are looking expect rock bottom prices.

You could probably get close to 15 or 16 if you parted everything out and sold the stock M3, but even that is optimistic. It would be a miracle if it happened on this site though.

There was a beautiful Hellrot M3 for sale here not too long ago. It was supercharged just like yours, and it sat for almost a year without selling, and I think he was only asking around 12k. I'm not even sure if it even actually sold in the end.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:09 PM   #24
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcramer View Post
Care to elaborate ?

S/C would require more bottom end refresh's on a regular basis if you were going to push it to the limit regularly.
My POV is that the E36 M3 is a better looking and the E46 other then drive line is just a re-skinned E36, it was a cosmetic evolution, they should have kept the car as is an put the S54 in it.

The dinan kit isn't putting any pressure the motor cannot handle, If your going to boost this was the way to go.

without jumbling up someone's for sale thread, if you'd like start a thread and have it discussed in the general section.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #25
yellowfever3
2nd Gear Member

That is a lot of car for the money. Looks clean GLWS
Old 06-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #26
Michel
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler328is View Post
lol you on glue bud, you can see everything on the carproof i had it before i bought the car. Not to mention it was owned by CCA member or whatever fully documented at BMW and enthusiast auto took it in. Also this body style is far better than the e46Look on the Dinan site how much it is to go STAGE THREE

shame

Then why do you say in your first post that you plan on upgrading to an E46?

By the way, I sold my '02 330ci for $16.5k last feb. so someone will be willing to pay if what you have is exactly what they want.

Goodluck with the sale.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:00 PM   #27
sparf328
boostjunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
My POV is that the E36 M3 is a better looking and the E46 other then drive line is just a re-skinned E36, it was a cosmetic evolution, they should have kept the car as is an put the S54 in it.

The dinan kit isn't putting any pressure the motor cannot handle, If your going to boost this was the way to go.

without jumbling up someone's for sale thread, if you'd like start a thread and have it discussed in the general section.
+1

and dinan shit is expensive for a reason, remember up until a while ago, they were the only company licensed by BMW to sell and install their shit in the dealerships, and everything came with warranty from dinan, and the dinan kit isn't even close to straining the stock internals of a s52 lol, the kit only pushes about 7 lbs from dinan, research how much torque the bottom end of an s52 can handle before bashing dinan shit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcramer View Post
Care to elaborate ?

bmw had an issue with the early model s54 m3's, they were blowing up like crazy i wouldn't call that reliable, the dinan kit is absolutely bulletproof, despite some nasty heatsoak on the track, seven4 where can you find a 99 eurospec? they were only produced in 94...

GLWS, if only it had the fikse fm5's from dinan
sparf328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:26 PM   #28
luve30
2nd Gear Member

I think you're bang on about the wheels! FM5's would really look awesome on that car.
luve30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:59 PM   #29
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

94 some euro spec m3's we brought and sold in Canada, but they were made and sold in other countries through the other years up till 99 I beleive

You can import these in and license them in canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparf328 View Post
+1

and dinan shit is expensive for a reason, remember up until a while ago, they were the only company licensed by BMW to sell and install their shit in the dealerships, and everything came with warranty from dinan, and the dinan kit isn't even close to straining the stock internals of a s52 lol, the kit only pushes about 7 lbs from dinan, research how much torque the bottom end of an s52 can handle before bashing dinan shit..

bmw had an issue with the early model s54 m3's, they were blowing up like crazy i wouldn't call that reliable, the dinan kit is absolutely bulletproof, despite some nasty heatsoak on the track, seven4 where can you find a 99 eurospec? they were only produced in 94...

GLWS, if only it had the fikse fm5's from dinan
Old 06-07-2012, 01:20 AM   #30
sparf328
boostjunky

yes, but there was only 45 canadian "eurospec's" m3's produced in 94 available to the canadian market, of course there were other m3's produced for sale in other countries, many of which were in europe, but those are not actual canadian "eurospec's" m3's, however those were the m3's that were built for a different market with different standards and regulations, similar but not the same.. a supercharged canadian "eurospec" ( 1 of the 45, and less than half are left, and half of those have salvaged titles lol ) would fetch some serious coin, ( like the one that charlie from bimmersport owns, which is one the sickest e36's on the planet IMO ).. anyways , again good luck with sale, if only it wasn't a powerdyne blower....
sparf328 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dakar, dinan, e36, mint, supercharged

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: