Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Interior & Audio
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #1
Slowered318
Stuck in the 90's

Bosch Power Antenna

BOSCH Autojet "Standard / Special X5" power antenna (7 691 240 448)

Came across these at Kromer Radio's closing sale, just trying to pass on a possible deal?

I'm not 100% sure the fit as I have deleted my power antenna, they say for BMW 3 and 5 series and have the model numbers listed on the package. Kromer has 8 left in stock untill the end of the month, brand new and priced at only $20.00

Kromer Radio
420 Bathurst Street (South of College)
Toronto
416-920-6700
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bosch1.JPG (40.1 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg bosch2.JPG (45.5 KB, 29 views)
Slowered318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #2
defaultName
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowered318 View Post
I have deleted my power antenna
How did you do this exactly? Do you not have an antenna at all, or do you have a manual antenna?

I'm curious because both of my coupes had broken power antennas that were impossible to pull up or down manually.

My convertible antenna however did not extend automatically but I could pull it up and down manually so I don't know if it was a broken power antenna or a manual antenna. The mast was also black so it could have been aftermarket.

I have tried to search for a manual antenna pert number but could not find one.
defaultName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:04 PM   #3
Slowered318
Stuck in the 90's

Quote:
Originally Posted by defaultName View Post
How did you do this exactly? Do you not have an antenna at all, or do you have a manual antenna?

I'm curious because both of my coupes had broken power antennas that were impossible to pull up or down manually.

My convertible antenna however did not extend automatically but I could pull it up and down manually so I don't know if it was a broken power antenna or a manual antenna. The mast was also black so it could have been aftermarket.

I have tried to search for a manual antenna pert number but could not find one.
The previous owner installed a roof mount antenna, It looks better in my opinion but the reception is not as good. Personally I don't listen to commercial radio so I would consider no antenna at all.

You could install a standard antenna mast from Canadian Tire but it would likely cost more then the Bosch antenna I posted. I say it's worth a try if you're handy with electronics? Make sure to shut the radio off if you go through a old fashioned car wash.
Slowered318 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: