Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-22-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
1BADBMR
6th Gear Member

MTO towing cars/bikes @ Martingrove/HWY 7 timmies

Heard from somebody that on the long weekend MTO blocked the exits and were towing and ticketing ppl.
Just wanna know if there is any truth to this cause I do pass by there myself once in a blue moon.

Anybody else hear anything?
04 Honda Civic (Beater)
93 318i (SOLD)
1BADBMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #2
dbworld4k
Addict

Heard the same during the long weekend. I went there the past few Fridays prior and nothing out of the ordinary. Cops were in and out of the lot looking for reasons to ticket people.

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red
dbworld4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

I drove in there on friday of the long weekend. A HUGE swarm was going towards the 400, but the lot was still full , nothing to report of
Old 05-23-2012, 07:41 PM   #4
v_bimmer
Jailbait FTW

they did those raids last year, and yeah they inspect the car, if its no good they tow and impound.

So i would not be surprised if it happened this past long weekend.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #5
aspen540
2nd Gear Member

my dad is a truch driver. he got ticked over 2k and groundedfor 72 hours in windsor along iwht a lot of over drivers. guys getting 1-2k tickets for crocked wires and outed fuses.
aspen540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:37 AM   #6
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

I was there on Saturday and yes - I saw a FD and 240 getting it's plates pulled. Cop stared me down but I got through.
Jim .E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:17 AM   #7
ultimateX5
Ally04

Was there friday with the bike and passed by Saturday in the Skyline. Saw a few undercovers...but the ones that tend to get in trouble are the ones that treat the parking lot like a track!
10 dodge ram
03 acura mdx
94 dodge ram cummins
00 ford f350
00 dodge dakota
87 e30 325is Mtech
97 e36 328is Mtech'd
98 e39 540iMtech
ultimateX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:17 AM   #8
momax_powers
2nd Gear Member

what do they typically look for when writing you up?
Old 05-24-2012, 10:39 AM   #9
TheMadChigga
Taiwan Panda Racing Unit.

Send a message via ICQ to TheMadChigga Send a message via AIM to TheMadChigga Send a message via MSN to TheMadChigga
Quote:
Originally Posted by momax_powers View Post
what do they typically look for when writing you up?
Black E39 with black rims.

Seriously thou, most people hang out there are pretty much still stuck in 2001, not much class or any sort of maturity, which I don't feel bad for ones that often get hassle, honestly, we have it pretty decent in Toronto, the cops don't often hassle you unless you drive like a jack-ass.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:40 AM   #10
davericher20
black and blue

^^anything that wouldn't let you pass safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:36 AM   #11
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Just an FYI, i've been stopped by cops in woodbridge at/around these meets lots of times over the last 6-7 years. My car was low, loud, i had every kind of aftermarket lighting you can think of, tons of shit stripped off the car, used to drive around with only foglights as lowbeams, etc. I've never had a problem. Be respectful but firm, and unless there's something horribly unsafe with your car, you'll be fine. The one thing the cops used to care a lot about is serious camber wear on tires. (as they should, its unsafe to drive on a half belted tire)

I used to love getting pulled over in my GT3RS livery civic. Every cop who pulled me over expected that car to be horribly unsafe, not have insurance & reg, etc. But rocco & my mom loved that car, so everything was always legit.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, graves
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:40 PM   #12
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
Just an FYI, i've been stopped by cops in woodbridge at/around these meets lots of times over the last 6-7 years. My car was low, loud, i had every kind of aftermarket lighting you can think of, tons of shit stripped off the car, used to drive around with only foglights as lowbeams, etc. I've never had a problem. Be respectful but firm, and unless there's something horribly unsafe with your car, you'll be fine. The one thing the cops used to care a lot about is serious camber wear on tires. (as they should, its unsafe to drive on a half belted tire)

I used to love getting pulled over in my GT3RS livery civic. Every cop who pulled me over expected that car to be horribly unsafe, not have insurance & reg, etc. But rocco & my mom loved that car, so everything was always legit.
lol duct tape shifter
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:53 PM   #13
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

^ Drifting civics around la paloma. Parking lot full of rwd cars and we're sliding FWD econoboxes. Pretty sure I broke your ebrake Ivan.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #14
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

guess i'll be the lone 'tinfoiler' when i say: what cashgrab BS.

profiling checkpoint roadblocks to fleece people (younger ones in perticular) out of their cash & property...

and most reading will probably think: why do you even bother it'll never stop!? yeah well it never will end when no one gets even slightly upset or just discusses it like its just 'normal', part of life.. well give it 5-10years they'll have checkpoints on your block, few years after that it'll be weekly random house searches!

All this to Feed a horde of communistic parasites (the police unions members & city employee's): specifically their paycheques & Retirement Funds..

Quote:
"Police associations are the most powerful special interest group in the province today," Andre Marin told a small group of people at a downtown library.

And provincial ministries "have abdicated their duty of backing up civilian oversight in Ontario."
-
Powerful police interests control provincial legislators leaving cops free to collude with each other in instances of police-related serious injury or death, the Ontario Ombudsman said Sunday

http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/04/22/...ing-marin-says
Old 05-25-2012, 08:12 PM   #15
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

here's MADD pushing for police to be able to breath test you with no suspicion that you are even DUI, just because you're at their Roadblock

Quote:
MADD mothers push for random breath testing - again

A small group of parents from Mothers Against Drunk Driving visited Parliament Hill on Wednesday to advocate for random breath testing, an impaired driving countermeasure being pushed by MADD to save lives and prevent injuries.Doing so would allow police to demand a roadside breath sample from all drivers stopped at sobriety checkpoints, increasing the chances of stopping, charging and convicting a drunk driver

some of the comments below the article are worth reading:
http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/05/09/...breath-testing
[/

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: