Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > BMW Club of Canada
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #46
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
Yea definately, I think somone from the Camaro club would stand a better chance with GM....

Not sure if we'd get far mentioning we are from a BMW Club.
Yeah, that was probably part of the reason why Dave didn't very far with Toyota lol.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #47
jabela
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
Pretty sure they will blame the cars as the cause for tearing up the lot...
Well that's what we're paying them for right? New pavement wouldn't tear up like that.

I spent some time last summer looking in google maps for potential alternate/cheaper locations.
The best bet looks like Sheridan College (area 53) in Oakville. Other clubs have been there before.
http://local.google.ca/maps/ms?msid=...13e7623a9c2955

Another potential option is the Hershey Centre in Mississauga.
http://local.google.ca/maps/ms?msid=...00643,0.010997

John and/or Randy may have already contacted these places though, so I'm not suggesting to go over his head, just to help find the best place.

BMW Canada's new HQ in Richmond Hill might be available, and they might let us use it for free/cheap.
I have a friend there who might be able to look into it. It's hard to tell how much space they have as google's image shows the lots under construction.
http://local.google.ca/maps/ms?msid=...7f445befe9c1c8

2002 E46 325ci // 5spd // ISC N1 Coilovers
www.modernapothecary.ca

Last edited by jabela; 05-11-2012 at 04:35 PM.
jabela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:35 PM   #48
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Venue is booked for the season and the dates are set, looking for other lots that will even allow us is off season work.

Anyone who thinks they have somewhere for next season talk to Randy
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #49
jabela
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
Venue is booked for the season and the dates are set, looking for other lots that will even allow us is off season work.

Anyone who thinks they have somewhere for next season talk to Randy
Good point. Maybe something to consider for next season or as a backup if the powerade center switches the dates on us again.
It might also help us negotiate better prices with the powerade centre.

Anyhow, the powerade center is a great central location... just thinking aloud I guess.

www.modernapothecary.ca
Old 05-16-2012, 01:24 AM   #50
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

CASC guys are raring to go for the Sunday event at the DDT. You should see that chatter on their forums about the up coming autoslalom. Great to hear, great to see. This is going to be HUGE, expecting something along the lines of 80 participants or so. If anyone is available to volunteer, we really need your help as this event got HUGE fast, so we're going to need many extra hands. We can't offer much other than a huge warm thank-you, lunch, some small swag, and Trillium Volunteer Rewards Points. If you can volunteer please contact Dan Janssen. If you're participating and a member of Trillium please pre-register on our website.

Given the size of the event we may or may not have open lapping afterwards. We have the track until 5. Expecting the event to finish around 3 so that would give about 2 hours of lapping broken into 2 groups thats approx 2 x half hour sessions each. Pricing will be determined at the event depending on the amount of lapping time available. If you have any other questions please contact me. john@trillium-bmwclub.ca

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:33 AM   #51
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post
Given the size of the event we may or may not have open lapping afterwards. We have the track until 5. Expecting the event to finish around 3 so that would give about 2 hours of lapping broken into 2 groups thats approx 2 x half hour sessions each. Pricing will be determined at the event depending on the amount of lapping time available. If you have any other questions please contact me. john@trillium-bmwclub.ca
I was thinking about this the other day, assuming we have 80 cars and assuming that they are all interested in doing lapping after. Having only 2 groups means there could be up to 40 cars on the track at a time and on DDT that's just going to be a parade. I know it's not likely that everyone will want to do lapping after the event so how the groups are broken up should depend on how many people want to lap.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #52
davericher20
black and blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
Yeah, that was probably part of the reason why Dave didn't very far with Toyota lol.
When I called them I thought for sure they'd go for it.....good PR right?

no....it wasn't even that. They have so many shifts that the parking lot fills up even on weekends and they didn't want the hassle of scheduling an event and working around their shifts.
Whatevs.

But I will see you bitches this Sunday. I'll be the one making quick movements and darting across the track like a deer to throw you off while I'm marshalling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:51 AM   #53
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by davericher20 View Post
But I will see you bitches this Sunday. I'll be the one making quick movements and darting across the track like a deer to throw you off while I'm marshalling.
Remember your sun screen. I made the mistake of not wearing any at the last event and am finally getting over having my face falling off... just in time to do it all again
Old 05-16-2012, 08:09 PM   #54
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Results are up for May 6th event. If you have a dispute with the PAX factoring, please email me for details. Randy@trillium-bmwclub.ca

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:53 PM   #55
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

In reference to the lapping on Sunday IF there is time, many of the participants are packing up and going home after the event. If for whatever reason there is more than 50 cars lapping ie. 25/run group then we'll divide into 3 run groups. That won't happen though.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:00 PM   #56
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Dammit didn't realize the first event had such a good turn out! My car was only 1/4 red that weekend, I couldn't have made it .
Old 05-16-2012, 11:21 PM   #57
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

I just spoke with the autoslalom director for CASC and he said they are expecting 60-70 participants on top of our expected 40!!! This is going to be an epic event at the DDT this Sunday.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:02 AM   #58
davericher20
black and blue

wow, how many volunteers do we have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #59
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

LOL, not enough...........If you or anyone knows anyone who can help us out on Sunday it would be greatly appreciated. Events like these can not happen with out the help of volunteers. If so please contact Dan Janssen our volunteer coordinator.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #60
jabela
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
Remember your sun screen. I made the mistake of not wearing any at the last event and am finally getting over having my face falling off... just in time to do it all again
+1 I also got burned... not as badly as you though.

www.modernapothecary.ca

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: