Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Wheels&Tires
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-14-2012, 02:00 PM   #1
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

E36 Sedan + 17x8.5et13 + 235/40?

Doable? Or am I just going crazy? I have shitloads of room up front (adjustable camber) but the rear is the sticking point. I really want to run some real tires on my next set of wheels but this might be too much to accomplish with a roller. I have the springrates to keep the tires off the fenders if I get enough room out back, maybe some more camber will help? Anyone have experience going that aggressive on the back of a sedan?

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:15 PM   #2
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Hmm, not sure how different a sedan is but based on my experience with a coupe i'd say it
would only be doable with a fender pull in the rear.

I'm running 235/35/18 on 18x9 at et 30. Stock -1.9 rear camber, stock front camber.

According to my calculations the rim will be about 11mm further out than mine in the rear, but you'll also have no stretch like mine to bring the tire in. At et30 I was rubbing rim, your tire/rim will be 11mm further out than my setup.
So basically you gotta make up 11mm by either pulling the fender, or running more camber to make that up.

With enough camber you should be fine in front. I'm thinking 2.5-3

Last edited by T.Dot_E30; 05-14-2012 at 02:18 PM.
T.Dot_E30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

I'm going to have to test fit it extensively in the back. One of the reasons I haven't bought tires yet. One part of me just wants to grab some 215/40's and call it a day, but then again I'd love to run some real tires and not have to worry about swapping back and forth. Only issue is the 235's I'm thinking of all run wide (RT615k, RS-3, Star Spec, etc). Blah. I know that I won't have any issue at all up front.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: