Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Supporting Events > Maxbimmer & Supporting Events
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Are you coming on May 12th?
Yes! 55 82.09%
Not this time 12 17.91%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2012, 08:44 PM   #121
StraightSix
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan man View Post
Not on topic,
but who left a massive set of skid marks on one of the sharp turn around Dyno road (I think) ?

I was way behind, but that looked like an impressive skid. Stopped right on time too, by the looks of it. Ditch was right there.
lol that might have been the e36 vert that ac2007 mentioned earlier
Old 05-13-2012, 08:53 PM   #122
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan man View Post
Not on topic,
but who left a massive set of skid marks on one of the sharp turn around Dyno road (I think) ?

I was way behind, but that looked like an impressive skid. Stopped right on time too, by the looks of it. Ditch was right there.
That was made by the idiot in the blue (bone stock) E36 4-dr. One of the most aggressive drivers on the cruise IMO. Happened in front of me... Basically went in way too fast and locked up stopping just before the mail boxes. Funny as ****. Also, the guy in the blacked-out E46 4-dr.. were you drunk?? You kept grazing the right shoulder kicking up stones & clouds of dust (CONSTANTLY!). I had to pass you.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:55 PM   #123
masri89
1st Gear Newbie

haha yea that was me , as so close lol ,, but still enjoyed the cruise thax j .
n sry for thoos ppl who i was so close to , ill make sure to lev some space next time =)
masri89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #124
masri89
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMPOWERD View Post
That was made by the idiot in the blue (bone stock) E36 4-dr. One of the most aggressive drivers on the cruise IMO. Happened in front of me... Basically went in way too fast and locked up stopping just before the mail boxes. Funny as ****. Also, the guy in the blacked-out E46 4-dr.. were you drunk?? You kept grazing the right shoulder kicking up stones & clouds of dust (CONSTANTLY!). I had to pass you.
mistakes happenz bro , n no need for callin names =)
masri89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:05 PM   #125
voluted
2nd Gear Member

I didn't get to finish the cruse

Had fun regardless!
voluted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:18 PM   #126
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview
Lots of drama as expected.

I want to apologize for my retarded downhill+uphill pass. Right before that, I got passed by Terry and a couple more E36s that pulled in right in front of me and pelted me with rocks. I didn't feel like hanging behind them, they were tailgating each other for no reason.

If you're going to pass, please be considerate of who is ahead of you AND behind you.

Please leave room. I was probably passed because I was leaving enough room to not get showered with rocks, and others felt I was holding them up because of this.

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1994 BMW 325i - daily
1992 BMW 325i - totaled
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Last edited by Dr. Flyview; 05-13-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Dr. Flyview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:44 PM   #127
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by masri89 View Post
mistakes happenz bro , n no need for callin names =)
Sorry, but ya gotta admit it wasn't the smartest move to over-drive your abilities on a complex road (Dyno rd) with blind corners and a train of others directly behind you. Slow down next time.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:52 PM   #128
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Flyview View Post
Lots of drama as expected.

I want to apologize for my retarded downhill+uphill pass. Right before that, I got passed by Terry and a couple more E36s that pulled in right in front of me and pelted me with rocks. I didn't feel like hanging behind them, they were tailgating each other for no reason.

If you're going to pass, please be considerate of who is ahead of you AND behind you.

Please leave room. I was probably passed because I was leaving enough room to not get showered with rocks, and others felt I was holding them up because of this.
That uphill blind pass was something else.

I wasn't going to say anything but since you called me out, Please, be considerate of people with faster cars, YOU ARE holding us up. Try and stick around with cars which are similar in power to yours. Its more fun for everyone that way the few times we get to "open them up"...

Last year at the fall cruise I was in front of the supercharged M3 clone for a bit, I could see I was holding him up in the straight ways, I signalled him to pass and then spent the afternoon playing catch up to him. He had fun, I had fun. it is common sense.

Also, EVERYONE was getting stones kicked up, its a fact of the roads. There was more gravel/road dirt then usual this time around.

Anyways, lets focus on the positive, not the negative aspects...

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual-1 of 1 - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'04 Volvo S60R/6spd.:Nautical Blue/Gobi&Black
'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. 1 of 8 SOLD
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig

Last edited by bmwm5lover; 05-13-2012 at 09:56 PM.
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:30 PM   #129
ac_2007
Cruising in Top Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
lol that might have been the e36 vert that ac2007 mentioned earlier
Wasn't him but he definitely locked up, I was more worried about those behind us due to the hard braking.
Nice to meet another E46fanatic, even though I let you win that mini race at the end Ralf (sarcasm = [on])

In summary we all probably made one or two mistakes on the cruise, hopefully we can learn from them.
Now where are the pics?? I barely got any, and right now I'm working on removing my friend and I's stupid commentary from the videos we took! lol

Last edited by ac_2007; 05-13-2012 at 10:34 PM.
ac_2007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:55 PM   #130
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
People made a big deal out of one pass, that doesn't seem normal to me, therefore there is nothing to apologize for. Everyone was passing, but only the old 5 series gets blamed. I know i'm the only one in an E34 at the cruise, but damn take it easy with the flaming. I got passed by 10 E36 and 10 E46's and had stones in my window, and i'm not gonna say a thing about them just because the majority of you drive one and are gonna support each other.
This has nothing to do with your car, its your damn attitude. The blue e36 , and the mismatch e30 were just as bad, but they didn't go head on into traffic. I can't recall the OG crew cruises being like this, because, they WEREN'T. It all started to go downhill the year the Jetta GLi was written off.

All I am saying is start giving a damn. I couldn't care less if you pass me, but come on man, USE COMMON SENSE. DON'T TAIL and relax.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:59 PM   #131
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
That uphill blind pass was something else.

I wasn't going to say anything but since you called me out, Please, be considerate of people with faster cars, YOU ARE holding us up. Try and stick around with cars which are similar in power to yours. Its more fun for everyone that way the few times we get to "open them up"...

Last year at the fall cruise I was in front of the supercharged M3 clone for a bit, I could see I was holding him up in the straight ways, I signalled him to pass and then spent the afternoon playing catch up to him. He had fun, I had fun. it is common sense.

Also, EVERYONE was getting stones kicked up, its a fact of the roads. There was more gravel/road dirt then usual this time around.
Anyways, lets focus on the positive, not the negative aspects...
I don't really see how you can hold anyone up on a cruise. You leave as much room in front of yourself as you need to and go as fast as you wish within that cushion of space. That is, unless you enjoy being right on someone's rear. It's not as if Jay was racing down every turn; it was quite the contrary, and he was just a couple cars ahead to which I didn't have much trouble keeping up with.

Regardless, I had a great time and just wanted to acknowledge my mistake.

Cheers

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1994 BMW 325i - daily
1992 BMW 325i - totaled
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Dr. Flyview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:25 PM   #132
BADRAT
badratart.com

couple of panos
:beer:
AIR_20120512_00003.jpg
AIR_20120512_00001.jpg

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk

Last edited by BADRAT; 05-13-2012 at 11:56 PM.
BADRAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:19 AM   #133
Havok_2011
Architect

Hey voluted, good to see you made it home man!! I could tell your girlfriend was really worried about the trip back Thanks for stopping by when you saw my car on the side of the road.

End result:

I'm lucky, I called my shop that takes care of me 24/7, and they called in a flatbed truck to save me. I finally got back to the shop at 12:30 at night to look over the car. Clutch was blown - I knew it was going to blow soon, I just hoped it was not going to happen 3 hours away from Toronto lol!!

Anyhow, super long cruise for me. Special thanks to all my friends that either stayed with me, or once they noticed I was not at the end point, they kept calling/texting to see if I was ok....all the way until I got back home, they were checking up on me. Even a few guys that didnt take part in the cruise found out, and started to check up on me every hour to make sure I got home safe. I must say, there are some great people that are part of this club.

As for the actual cruise, I stayed at the back for the first half with my other E92 friends. We all had radios, and had a blast talking to each other, and the fact that we were at the back allowed us to slow down, and then gun it whenever it was fun to do so...and catch up to everyone. You guys don't all need to be at the front to push your cars. We were at the back pushing speeds and having an amazing time.

For the second half, my other buddy with the black M3 vert wanted me to join him at the front, so I did. Also lots of fun...other than one E46 that for some reason kept driving into the dirt lane,and as a result kicking up massive dust/stones. Not sure if he could not handle his car at such high speeds or what, but it got a little annoying. I noticed my friend who was in front of me, and getting most of the dirt/stones on his car, flipped him the bird, and then blasted by him. I did not pass the E46, but I did keep my distance. Other than that, the second part was lots of fun!!! Shitty that it ended short due to my clutch giving way.

I thought the cruise route this year was stellar. The first half you take it more easy, and enjoy the scenery...I loved driving next to the water. The second part, you could kick it up a notch and really let lose. Perfect balance of both scenarios, and no boring highway routes. Loved it.

Looking forward to it next year. Hopefully people will behave a little more, and the good guys won't get discouraged from coming again.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:25 AM   #134
davericher20
black and blue

You go to cruises to get lotsa action, its where the boys are turned into men and when you get passed, it means you lose. If you're passing, you're winning. End of story. show off what your car can do in the twisties, pull some sick driver skills and hope someone notices... Once you hit the freeway, its on! Race whoever you can, whether they're racing you or not. Get bitches and **** the track its too expensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:43 AM   #135
busamoose
2nd Gear Member

OMG!! the drama!! sorry I missed out!! lol
busamoose is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: