Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #31
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Brutality 101 - Brutalité 101 May 4th 2012

holy shit
Old 05-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #32
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner

I hate protesters
I hate beggers on the street holding signs.
I hate Politicians and government workers for the most part.
I hate the news media, especially the Toronto star.
I hate facebook and twitter.
I hate noisy neighbours and thier dogs that bark.
I hate bumpy roads that havent been paved in 30+ years.
I hate the american gun laws and all the illegal immigrants in North America.

/end

Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:11 AM   #33
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

speaking of engineering work. Just talked to an old prof and he said out of the 14 grads he was responsible for this yr...3 have found jobs. Mechanical ...hrmmph
Old 05-08-2012, 09:30 AM   #34
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
speaking of engineering work. Just talked to an old prof and he said out of the 14 grads he was responsible for this yr...3 have found jobs. Mechanical ...hrmmph
That's assuming all 14 are actually actively looking for jobs. If they are graduating this year they would have just finished their last exams a couple weeks ago and their convocation will most likely be a month from now. Most grads usually take this time off and go on a vacation.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:22 AM   #35
aspen540
2nd Gear Member

a lot of people on the job market right now, especially in the mechanical field. guys with 10-15 years experience offering themselves up on large discounts just to work. I recently placed a sr PM with a specialization in robotics, told me his former employer was administering paycuts just before buying a new quattroporte. but hey, its free country right?

Last edited by aspen540; 05-08-2012 at 10:41 AM.
aspen540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:00 AM   #36
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
That's assuming all 14 are actually actively looking for jobs. If they are graduating this year they would have just finished their last exams a couple weeks ago and their convocation will most likely be a month from now. Most grads usually take this time off and go on a vacation.
they already had all that and yes they were all actively looking. he wouldnt have said so otherwise.

My buddy landed a job ...not a very good one but something. Hes just getting back from thailand next week.

oh and for all those bitching about just growing up

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...rticle2425558/

I think the protests are great!
Old 05-08-2012, 03:13 PM   #37
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

good article SiR..

I know from stuff i've read & posted that 60% of canadians are living cheque to cheque and those people would be in real bad shape if it were delayed by a few days! retirement savings or savings is not something these people will ever have - and thats more than half of our population!

I bought a monitor the other day in Ont, price said it was $99 dollars
after taxes it was $125! thats OVER 25% in Taxes!! and people say the students are stupid!?

-

other angle of footage i posted

Last edited by bmdbley'sBro; 05-08-2012 at 03:24 PM.
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:33 PM   #38
ChrisTO
∞ Gear Member

^ where is the source of the 60% living pay cheque to pay cheque? that's NUTTY!

just like how 80% of working canadians make under 100k/year.

i wonder how they compile these numbers? if they are indeed true how the F do people afford the houses in Toronto on these kind of wages?!?!? that's a lot of crazy debt. yet people are buying places in Toronto that boggles my mind. and not to mention all the nice cars driving around the city.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:40 PM   #39
aspen540
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTO View Post
^ where is the source of the 60% living pay cheque to pay cheque? that's NUTTY!

just like how 80% of working canadians make under 100k/year.

i wonder how they compile these numbers? if they are indeed true how the F do people afford the houses in Toronto on these kind of wages?!?!? that's a lot of crazy debt. yet people are buying places in Toronto that boggles my mind. and not to mention all the nice cars driving around the city.
a lot of the big ticket stuff,money is inheritance. not many places up for sales in up scale places
aspen540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:00 PM   #40
ChrisTO
∞ Gear Member

perhaps...but i don't buy it. clearly i missed out when they were handing out money.

i'm not sure what you mean by not many up scale places up for sale. what quantifies not many and what is upscale? 2mill+ ? 10mill+? to me over 1.5mill is upscale. i see many 2mill+ homes up for sale all over the city.

just look at all the high end condos for sale downtown within a 5km radius. all starting in the 900K range - i can't even fathom the kind of fees on those places. but yet builders are building. and they are not in the business of losing money so someone is buying them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspen540 View Post
a lot of the big ticket stuff,money is inheritance. not many places up for sales in up scale places
Old 05-08-2012, 11:07 PM   #41
ChrisTO
∞ Gear Member

oh and protesting the min. increase in tuition...we are so fortunate in this country to have great higher education institutions and many many choices of where to go for further education. many other countries in the world have no choice. and only accessible for the privileged few because of who they know not because of what they know.

could this be the same mentality at work to trash a city because of sports team not winning some old cup? like come on..really! do we lead such a charmed life and think this is all hardship and worth protesting? i think many in other parts of world would give up left nut to be here and have access to all we have. we've taken the right to free speech...etc. too far.

there are no hand outs in life. and we live in a country with all the opportunity to do whatever you please to be successful - with very few barriers due to discrimination. it truly is down to merit of what you are capable of offering/doing.

these students should spend some time in other parts of the world to understand what is hardship.

Last edited by ChrisTO; 05-08-2012 at 11:11 PM.
ChrisTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:21 AM   #42
Discostar
2nd Gear Member

Lol, This thread is still going huh...

Quote:
oh and protesting the min. increase in tuition...we are so fortunate in this country to have great higher education institutions and many many choices of where to go for further education. many other countries in the world have no choice. and only accessible for the privileged few because of who they know not because of what they know.

could this be the same mentality at work to trash a city because of sports team not winning some old cup? like come on..really! do we lead such a charmed life and think this is all hardship and worth protesting? i think many in other parts of world would give up left nut to be here and have access to all we have. we've taken the right to free speech...etc. too far.

there are no hand outs in life. and we live in a country with all the opportunity to do whatever you please to be successful - with very few barriers due to discrimination. it truly is down to merit of what you are capable of offering/doing.

these students should spend some time in other parts of the world to understand what is hardship.
You will see condo prices drop over the next 3-5 years due to the fact that there is an insane amount of overpriced developments going up and less and less people with the financial means to occupy them.

Your statement about having great opportunity is true enough. It is important to be grateful for what we have. However, it’s also important to remember how we got to this point, and how things could easily slide back the other way, essentially becoming the equivalent of 3rd world country living conditions for a large portion of the population. Not to mention the fact that we are still far from a completely efficient and far society and there are always areas for improvement.

Although I don’t agree with the violence, being politically active (or protesting) is unfortunatly necessary to maintain the balance of power. By sitting around and assuming things will always be this good, and that we should just live our lives and enjoy it so to speak, is very naive.

People in government are making big decisions every day that affect our lives directly. Those decisions are influenced by many factors and interests, most of which have very little to do with you or me, and more to do with the very large, very wealthy corporations that have direct contact with key figures through think tanks and lobbying. The average person does not have this advantage or direct contact with government. We have things like petitions, protests, and voting. When the government is going to make a decision on something, they don’t put out a public poll to see if we as a nation want to spend 3 billion of our own tax dollars on this, or 10 billion on that (like fighter jets for example). But they do hear the opinions of people in powerful interest groups like the CCCE.

If the rest of the country just sits around and does nothing (which most of them do already) then we just lost our voice as a nation, and you might as well slap a barcode on our heads and start setting national curfews.

Last edited by Discostar; 05-09-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Discostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #43
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

a lot of foreign investors(see chinese) Are buying real estate in toronto and van.

And a lot of people are stretched beyond their means here in terms of housing. Sure we say we dont give it away like in the states but this place is in for a huge problem when rates go up and despite all the "its better here" garbage...its looking a heck of a lot like the states did before their crash albeit there are some differences.

there should be a correction soon(ya ya weve been hearing that forever) but its true.

Last edited by SiR; 05-09-2012 at 12:41 PM.
SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:38 PM   #44
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:

just because its hard in another country doesnt automatically mean they are in the wrong .

Thats part of the problem with Canadians. Most are spineless and too chicken shit to do anything over things like this. They just take it up the a55 and sing o cannnaada and proclaim silly notions like "it could be worse". thats a terrible stance to take and deeply flawed.

discostar nailed it.

Last edited by SiR; 05-09-2012 at 12:40 PM.
SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:22 PM   #45
sirex
King Sirex

The Chinese and Russian mobsters are buying condos up and properties up left right and centre. This is laundered money. They are using this money to drive up our prices while the government doesn't do anything.

Those are the facts.... You see it every day, look it up on the globe, some Chinese girl bought a house for $400,000 over asking. They don't give a shit. To them, the money is coming out of China where it is unsafe.

In terms of people affording the housing in todays market. No, they aren't, thats the whole ****ing point of this shit. We CANT afford the housing because the prices are being driven up and up by laundered money.

The average wage in Toronto is about $50,000, thats another fact. These stats are publicly available. Most people don't make over $80K per year. Only with 2 incomes do they maybe break this number.

As for tuition and education I have multiple view points on this. First of all, lower prices doesn't make sense to me. If tuition is affordable to everyone then everyone has a degree.
The more people that have degrees, the less work ANYONE wants to do and the more entitlement people feel they have.

I don't understand why you need a degree for half the jobs that exist, hell more than half. Because most jobs only require a monkey, and they will TRAIN YOU.

NOt everyone wants to be a head researcher or develop cures for cancer. I know I sure don't.

So since when did it become the norm that students have to pay tuition to get "on the job training?"

Because tahts essentially what is going on. School is a job training ground, or at least that is how employers see it.

It use to be that only the wealthy went to university, because they had family money backing them. Now, you got poor people and everyone going. SO all we've done is shot our selves in the foot.

It's great that we allow everyone the oppurunity, it's awesome, definitely. But real, all this is doing is devaluing everyones education and creating equal wages for everyone. Thats all its doing. You only need so many highly educated people in a society, now we have so much surpluse, all demanding wages, so price for labour has shot down.

oh well, life is unfair.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: