Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #1
wc123wc
2nd Gear Member

Photographing BMWs (locations)

I have an E39 and I am into photography. However, this is not about photographing my BMW but my friends. I have two friends who have E90s (one is black and the other is Arctic blue, or something like that). Here are the shots I want to get:

1) Panning shots. So I need a quiet road (pretty empty on the weekend, distance is not an issue as long as it is within an hour drive from Toronto), that is pretty curvy (or at least has a large turn) and can accommodate two cars side by side. Any suggestions?

2) Tunnel shots. The longer the better. I don't want those 5 second long tunnels underneath a highway or something! Any suggestions?

3) Rich area shots. I have two areas in mind: Bloor and University Ave. Any other suggestions?

4) Indoor parking lot shots. Any suggestions?

So this will be done on the weekend and will take pretty much a whole day, so any other ideas I haven't mentioned are welcomed!

I am looking forward to your replies
wc123wc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:54 AM   #2
BMWdouche
Not Banned... Yet

Ban^
BMWdouche is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:33 AM   #3
Smitty
4th Gear Member

The TD Canada Trust at Eglinton and Marlee has a small covered parking area with GREAT lighting. Would look great with a wide lens.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:14 PM   #4
wc123wc
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
The TD Canada Trust at Eglinton and Marlee has a small covered parking area with GREAT lighting. Would look great with a wide lens.
Thank you very much. That's the type of reply I was hoping for.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:56 AM   #5
tonyhavana
2nd Gear Member

Part of being a good photographer is going out yourself and finding great locations to take your photographs. Places that you think will make a great photograph. Then you can call it your own. You can take more pride in your photos this way. Unless of course, you're a professional photographer, at which point you can hire someone to go out an do a location scout for you.
tonyhavana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:29 PM   #6
egye30
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to egye30
yorkdale mall's parking would be decent too

1990 325i Sterling Silver Metallic/Black leather.
M52B28 OBD-I W/ S52 Cams, M50 Manifold, SS Headers, Short ram intake, Stage 2 clutch w/ 14lb flywheel, Mark D chip tune.
Bilstein Sports with Eibach Pro springs + E90 drop hats, F+R Strut bars, '04 330ci Steering rack (3.0 Lock to lock, 13:1)
Custom Built BBS RS's 16x8 square.
egye30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:41 PM   #7
wc123wc
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyhavana View Post
Part of being a good photographer is going out yourself and finding great locations to take your photographs. Places that you think will make a great photograph. Then you can call it your own. You can take more pride in your photos this way. Unless of course, you're a professional photographer, at which point you can hire someone to go out an do a location scout for you.
Part of being good at anything is research. That's what I am doing here.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:42 PM   #8
wc123wc
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by egye30 View Post
yorkdale mall's parking would be decent too
Thank you. I never thought about that but I guess they have indoor/underground parking?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: