Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old 04-21-2012, 12:08 AM   #211
330zhp
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Muskoka
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep 3.2TL View Post
Dude - I drove from MILTON for Stance... You're not far at all...
Haha... you're right of course... Barrie is on the way for me to just about anywhere I want to go.

Thanks!
330zhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:11 AM   #212
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member
 
Deep 3.2TL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Milton
Posts: 3,228
I meant that comment for the other guy who lived in Scarborough... But honesty and quality work without overcharging is worth the drive.
__________________

2007 Z4 3.0si
Deep 3.2TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:07 AM   #213
Dinanstu
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc123wc View Post
I just called them and the lady was very friendly. I am seeing them this evening. I was also advised on another thread to call Mister John and I did and the lady was VERY, VERY friendly! I am seeing them tomorrow!

(Both in Toronto)

I also called Auto Trend for mechanical work, but the man was not friendly at all and sounded more like a scammer than a mechanic! I asked him how much inspection costs, and he asked what car I was bringing in. I told him an e39 and he said, "$900-$1000!" When I explained to him it is only a check-up he said $113 because the checkup will take him an hour and he charges $113/hr. (RMP Motors charge only $80 and it takes them only 30 minutes!) He said for $900-$1000 he will change every filters, etc; buy how can he say that when he hasn't seen the filters yet? The strange thing is that the auto trend website is offering a spring special for $205, while he wanted to charge me $1000 for "changing everything!" So unprofessional. Not going to see them, and don't recommend them.

I am still looking for a mechanic along side RMP Motors. Not that RMP Motors is not good, it's just that I am seeking a second opinion before I go ahead with the maintenance.

Don at Auto Trend knows these cars inside and out. He's a no bullshit guy who will do what is required. I've taken my car there for maintenance and an hour later get a call listing whats up. By the end of the day the car is perfect - no scam. He was even nice enough to use BMW parts I had brought. He has a strong return customer base which should tell you something. I am very particular who works on my car...I have no issue with leaving my car with auto trend.
I get a feeling you want a $40 (1/2 hour) assessment and then complain that something was missed or what they found doesn't sound "right".
However, there is Bimmersport and others listed here that are excellent...but seriously give Don a break - he's one of the honest ones, and his techs are good....
Dinanstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:51 PM   #214
InspClave
Groove Machine
 
InspClave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 88
Autotrend is great shop for those who are in the downtown Toronto area. Price was fair and work was both thorough and expeditious. Sure beats going to the outer limits for a Bimmer specialist.
__________________


2000 540i Sport 6-Speed Black & Tan, 18" OEM M-Pars
2000 740i Sport Black All Around, 20" OEM Style 32s
1991 850i Platinum Gray / Oyster, 18" OEM M-Pars
1995 840Ci Hellrot / Black, 17" OEM Style 5s
2003 M3 Cabriolet Black/Cinnamon, 19" OEM
InspClave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:32 PM   #215
330zhp
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Muskoka
Posts: 20
E46 vert wind deflector?

Wrong thread but couldn't find an appropriate one so hopefully I'll be bumped to proper place. New to this and trying to find a wind deflector for a (new to me) 2005 330zhp cic. Cost of new is crazy so looking for used. Hope someone can help.

Thanks... love the car BTW.
330zhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #216
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member
 
Deep 3.2TL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Milton
Posts: 3,228
Yea, really wrong spot... try ebay for cheaper. The ones for the 3 series aren't cheap... my Z was $245 new for an aftermarket plexiglass one.
__________________

2007 Z4 3.0si
Deep 3.2TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:59 AM   #217
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member
 
Deep 3.2TL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Milton
Posts: 3,228
And who are you???
__________________

2007 Z4 3.0si
Deep 3.2TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:11 PM   #218
330zhp
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Muskoka
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep 3.2TL View Post
Yea, really wrong spot... try ebay for cheaper. The ones for the 3 series aren't cheap... my Z was $245 new for an aftermarket plexiglass one.
I did find a new wind deflector on ebay for under #300. In keeping with this thread, I used North Star service in Barrie and Alek the owner was simply great. He understood the car was new to me and took me on a tour of things he checked out (found it to be a very sound car) slotted me into his day with absolutely no wait. Small shop but he's a quality guy who knew BMW's.

You asked who I was, I'm new to BMW, bought a low mileage 3X black 2005 330CIC ZHP from the States. So far... I love it.
330zhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:13 PM   #219
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member
 
Deep 3.2TL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Milton
Posts: 3,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330zhp View Post
I did find a new wind deflector on ebay for under #300. In keeping with this thread, I used North Star service in Barrie and Alek the owner was simply great. He understood the car was new to me and took me on a tour of things he checked out (found it to be a very sound car) slotted me into his day with absolutely no wait. Small shop but he's a quality guy who knew BMW's.

You asked who I was, I'm new to BMW, bought a low mileage 3X black 2005 330CIC ZHP from the States. So far... I love it.
Acutally - the "and who are you" post was directed to a post that seems to have been deleted - not you
__________________

2007 Z4 3.0si
Deep 3.2TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:18 PM   #220
330zhp
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Muskoka
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep 3.2TL View Post
Acutally - the "and who are you" post was directed to a post that seems to have been deleted - not you
haha... greetings for Muskoka anyway.
330zhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:52 PM   #221
Barnsdale
2nd Gear Member
 
Barnsdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 237
Darren at Alphawerx - he's located in Thornhill right off the DVP. He's extremely professional and does quality work.
Barnsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:10 AM   #222
momax_powers
2nd Gear Member
 
momax_powers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnsdale View Post
Darren at Alphawerx - he's located in Thornhill right off the DVP. He's extremely professional and does quality work.
+1 very nice guy...answers every question no matter how noobish it is. would def go again
__________________
momaXimus
E39 IV.IV
momax_powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:03 PM   #223
Mumzer
(0o=v=o0)
 
Mumzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3
Auto-Eurotic / Eglinton & Leslie

I taken all my cars to Auto-Eurotic on Laird. Domenic is a 1 man show. Extensive knowledge on BMW. Integrity, Honest and Dependable. Quality work. I cannot say enough good about him. If you are looking for a cheap shop, keep looking as this isn't it, but if you want it fixed right the first time, he's your man.

Domenic Papaglia
Auto-Eurotic
199 Laird Drive
Toronto, Ontario
M4G 3W3

http://www.autoeurotic.com
Mumzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #224
wc123wc
2nd Gear Member
 
wc123wc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinanstu View Post
Don at Auto Trend knows these cars inside and out. He's a no bullshit guy who will do what is required. I've taken my car there for maintenance and an hour later get a call listing whats up. By the end of the day the car is perfect - no scam. He was even nice enough to use BMW parts I had brought. He has a strong return customer base which should tell you something. I am very particular who works on my car...I have no issue with leaving my car with auto trend.
I get a feeling you want a $40 (1/2 hour) assessment and then complain that something was missed or what they found doesn't sound "right".
However, there is Bimmersport and others listed here that are excellent...but seriously give Don a break - he's one of the honest ones, and his techs are good....
I've never dealt with Autotrend after that phone call. Don wasn't at the shop that day so I talked to someone else. Whoever I talked with was more of a scammer than a mechanic. First he asked what car I was bringing in, and when I told him an E39, he said, "It will cost you $900-$1000. And I will change everything." So unprofessional. What kind of a mechanic changes everything before even seeing the car? Oh, I own a BMW so I must have money left at my doorsteps every morning and I just want to give it away! And no, I am not looking for a $40 (1/2 hour) assessment, but I am also not looking to throw my money away by "changing everything".

I even called the highest recommended BMW mechanic in this site for my car shake problem and I was told they will charge $90 for the inspection, and an extra $45 for identifying the problem! What kind of a mechanic charges extra for telling you what's wrong with the car?! If he won't tell me what's wrong with the car then what's the point of the inspection?! Imagine how ridiculous it would sound if you went to the doctor for check up and he says, "Ok, so I know what's wrong with you, and you paid for my time. But if you want to know what's wrong with you then you will have to pay more!" And they won't take it on a test drive, so they will only inspect it in the shop and try to figure out what was causing the vibration.

While Darren at Alphawerx charged me nothing for test driving the car, hoisting it up, inspecting it, his time, and trying to identify the problem. Sorry, but I only take my car to Darren from now on. +10 for Alphawerx.

ALPHAWERX AUTO INC.
371 John Street, Unit 4
Markham, Ontario L3T 5W5
416-722-6268

Just tell Darren that Fadi recommended Alphawerx to you and he will take even better care of you.
wc123wc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:52 PM   #225
E30S54
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc123wc View Post

I even called the highest recommended BMW mechanic in this site for my car shake problem and I was told they will charge $90 for the inspection, and an extra $45 for identifying the problem! .
Who was this? I think you are talking shit to promote alpha I never heard of a shop asking for extra $ to tell you what's wrong. I call bs on this one
E30S54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2014