Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Supporting Events > Maxbimmer & Supporting Events
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Are you coming on May 12th?
Yes! 55 82.09%
Not this time 12 17.91%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2012, 05:01 PM   #1
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Post Maxbimmer Spring Cruise 2012: Saturday May 12th (GTA)

Happy 2012 driving season everyone. I'm once again gearing up to locate and lead you all to some of the best driving roads that Southern Ontario has to offer. I'm putting in some extra effort this year (new routes!) to keep it fresh and interesting.

Date: Saturday May 12th
Time: 10:30AM MEET! Driver's meeting followed by departure at 11AM SHARP!
Meeting Place: Kennedy Commons AMC Theatre 33 William Kitchen Rd Toronto

For those who have been to cruises in the past, you know what to expect. We have averaged ~75 cars per event for the past several years and hope to see a similar showing at Spring Cruise. We meet up, chat for a little bit, I discuss rules that the group mostly ignores later on...it's all a tradition. The route is going to be the typical ~500km affair so bring water, snacks, GPS, FRS radios, check the air in your spare tire, all the good stuff you would do for any lengthy roadtrip.

I specifically disliked the first ~150km of this Spring event ('09-'11 versions), so I drastically revamped it. We no longer drive on boring straight roads for the first 2.5 hours. I'm proud to say it's now a full day of great roads and scenery.

Important notes (actually read them!):
o This is a full day event, we will not return to the GTA until 8-9pm.
o You will need a full tank of gas at the beginning of the cruise so fill up before arriving at the meeting spot.
o HAVE A VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE, CAR REGISTRATION, AND INSURANCE. OPP have visited us on this cruise, and really only ticket for a lack of these basic items. Driving on bald tires is another easy ticket to get.
o Dinner is at approximately 5:00pm.
o FRS radios will be used during this cruise, and are very helpful tools to have. Channel 6-9.

That's all for now, click attending if you will be joining us. Thanks!

Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: