Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-05-2012, 06:20 PM   #1
TJ_HOOKER
1st Gear Newbie

amp power hook up e90?

so, i found the battery in my e90 that i just brought home. i want to hook up my amp power wire to the battery. there is some crazy red box thin on the positive connection, i hear that's what blows apart in a collision to kill power to the car. so, any one have pics of how they hooked up their power cable for their amp.

its a 2008 323i

thanx for any help
TJ_HOOKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #2
cormier
6th Gear Member

The plastic cover?? Take it off so you can see the terminal and hook it to there

cormier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:08 PM   #3
TJ_HOOKER
1st Gear Newbie

ok, so i drive a 2008 323i. it has NO factory amp. where is the easiest place to pick up a signal for the amp i want to add. i have looked at just about every website i can find, and everyone has either a black amp, a silver amp, or the wiring at the left side of the trunk for an amp. i have none of the above. i do have, some wiring in the middle of the trunk, in front of the storage cubby. every wiring diagram i have seen, shows different colour wires than i have.

does anyone here have any experience with this?

thanx
Old 04-08-2012, 07:20 PM   #4
cormier
6th Gear Member

You want to amp your speakers? Stock deck so no RCA outputs I assume? Just run a power wire with a fuse, ground wire, remote on wire to ignition wire or back of deck, then signal. For the signal you can use RCA out of you have it or if not (most likely) then they have conversion cables you can splice to your factory speaker wire that turns it into RCA to go into your amp. Then speaker wire out to your speakers. Running a big amp will only be as good as the speakers that you have though. Stock paper cones will blow or no sound great at least

cormier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #5
TJ_HOOKER
1st Gear Newbie

stock deck yes. i'm adding some bass, balanced to the levels of my OEM equipment. i'm just not satisfied with the subs under the seats. i have a sealed box, with clarion pro audio 12's, just looking for low end rumble i can feel.

so, am i best to hook up a high low adapter to the wiring going to the sub under the front seats? and, i am assuming that the cig lighter cct is best for my amp trigger?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: