Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Looking for
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #31
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gato Liso View Post
^not when you're in school full time and are a broke student rich!

plus, im not paying 1000$ for this engine...and i dont want one with high kms.

i found one last night. picking it up this weekend! low miles and the right price for a broke student!
Broke student excuse LOL So love that one, I was a student, payed my way through school without OSAP but never thought I should be granted special treatment on the value of something. Its a bargaining excuse used to try and get something cheaper. Its like the "well I live this far so the price should be cheaper" line. ya cause last time I checked a big mac is cheaper because I have to drive 10 minutes compared to the guy who lives across the street. (I haven't had Mc D's is 7 years just an example disclaimer)

guess the point to my rant is your a great guy Rob, love seeing you out at the events, never said pay $1000, but I beleive someone offered you a motor for $300 - $350. Broke students can afford more with a weekend or two of no drinking. Try Mortgage, wife, 2 new cars and baby due in July, and went to school, that's an even better excuse, but its not used. I'll give someone the best price for something and they will still try and ask for more off, or meet me half way, ya cause the $10 I am going to make off a $20 sale that someone else wants you to pay $40 I'll give up my afternoon for that.

that being said a good M52 should be $350-$600 that's what I would sell it for. don't' have one in the shop right now but you never called me to ask, shame on you, cause you know if I have it you woulda got a great price lol

Anyway get that motor done cause I want to see you out this summer in the E30 not the folks E46!!!

richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:09 AM   #32
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

it is an excuse, under the right circumstances. tuition has gone up so much, this entire school cost me about $8000, out of my own pocket. i dont have osap and im paying for this thing myself! then theres commuting costs on top of that. i dont make a lot right now lol...i only work 4 days/week! i dont even drink much....especially since my mothers cousin died of liver failure, dude his skin was yellow. that made me feel queasy...

im trying to my best to keep my e30 going good, and this time, im doing what i didnt do right, right. i want the head and block, thats it no accessories. people wanted more than 600 for it, all in the low to mid 200k kms! no thanks. btw, that one guy was selling the m52+ ZF tranny for 400 with "250k" kms, but pm'd me saying hes got one for $500 @ 200k kms. i said dude its the same engine in that thread, because he posted it himself! he never replied to me after...sooooo ya.

and **** ya i want to autoX more, i want to put the billy sports to the test!

Last edited by El Gato Liso; 04-05-2012 at 10:13 AM.
El Gato Liso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:17 AM   #33
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gato Liso View Post
it is an excuse, under the right circumstances. tuition has gone up so much, this entire school cost me about $8000, out of my own pocket. i dont have osap and im paying for this thing myself! then theres commuting costs on top of that. i dont make a lot right now lol...i only work 4 days/week!

im trying to my best to keep my e30 going good, and this time, im doing what i didnt do right, right. i want the head and block, thats it no accessories. people wanted more than 600 for it, all in the low to mid 200k kms! no thanks.
dude I agree on the outrageous prices some people ask, and its laughable, but the other end of the spectrum is no better.

I drove beaters for 3 years going through school, scraped by and all, but it builds character, you'll end up a better person in the end.

plus I bet your learning more working on your car then you are in class!

shouldn't your build % be at 0.5% now that you have found the motor?
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #34
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

nah, i got my $'s worth of knowledge gained in university. im quite honoured to even have the opportunity to attend a post secondary school! i've learned a butt full of shit! i also learned so much because of my e30. im on the final chapter for the e30...almost time for a new book

0.5% lol..........1% is more generous to reflect the hassle in finding one :p. ill add another 1% for the dave making that happen, and another 1% for doogee, for the pseudo-recommendation :p
Old 04-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #35
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

At this rate your E30 will be ready by summer 2014...
Old 04-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #36
davericher20
black and blue

you got one!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #37
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

^^^ yeee boy. steve, i think just pulling the m50 out is like 25% added on lol ill have it done by may the latest.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:49 PM   #38
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

I'll believe it when I see it at auto-x on May 6th

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: