Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-31-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
stinson
In Rust We Trust

Finally apart of the e30 family! Introduction

Hey everyone, i am happy to say that i am finally apart of the e30 family! Ive been changing through vehicles like nobodies business because i havent found what ive been looking for, but having a soft spot for e30s i have finally picked one up and found what i have been looking for!

I joined the forums about a week ago to do research and whatnot and see what i was getting myself into, and i have to say the vibe is a ton better than any other forum ive ever been on.

So i bought myself a 1987 325i for $980, i know shes pretty tired with having 373,000 kms on er, but its a bimmer so im not too concerned! It needs a little bit of work such as body, the rear brake is rubbing and you can definately feel it, interior work(carpets pretty gross, black front leathers and tan everything else thats cracked) but all in all, i love er! Such an awesome feeling, almost like being in a cock pit in a jet if that makes any sense to others.

Future plans:
Bumper tuck, lamin x head lights, rear bumper trim on front bumper and relocate signals and plate, body work + satin black, all suspension(not sure yet), Try to figure out a way to do mono wiper, all black interior with a dark red/ maroon headliner + b & c pillars, remove muffler and straight pipes out.

Stuff ive done within the past few days with bs snow:
All red tails, working on the idle, cleaned up some wiring.

I cant do a whole lot as i have no tools, and dont get my first pay of the year for another 3 weeks to buy needed material.

Clean rockers
stinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:05 PM   #2
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

That looks like a pretty solid car for under a grand. Nice find.
And welcome to the club
Old 03-31-2012, 03:29 PM   #3
davericher20
black and blue

welcome to max breh, nice find

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:08 PM   #4
e30tOny
k-man

nice pick-up
Welcome to the e30 global community!!!
We all wish you good luck with your car/projects.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:54 PM   #5
stinson
In Rust We Trust

thanks everyone! im pretty excited to start getting paid again, and start cleaning er up!
Old 03-31-2012, 05:00 PM   #6
E36is
'OldSchool..'

wow, looks like a great purchase!
Old 03-31-2012, 05:32 PM   #7
BMe30
all by chance...

Nice rims! Welcome

Gone but not forgotten
BMe30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:22 PM   #8
egye30
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to egye30
welcome to max man, 4 doors ftw

what kind of idle problems? almost alll e30s have whacky idle problems at some point in their lives with some variations of symptoms. Anything from Vaccum leaks, bad MAFs, and/or idle valves (my scenario with my old m20) , or even crank/o2 sensors, check the plugs and wires too, or even the distributor.. as they have all been some of many culprits of idle problems with some e30s.

looks like a good bang for your buck, congrats, i will see you around once mine's back on the road

1990 325i Sterling Silver Metallic/Black leather.
M52B28 OBD-I W/ S52 Cams, M50 Manifold, SS Headers, Short ram intake, Stage 2 clutch w/ 14lb flywheel, Mark D chip tune.
Bilstein Sports with Eibach Pro springs + E90 drop hats, F+R Strut bars, '04 330ci Steering rack (3.0 Lock to lock, 13:1)
Custom Built BBS RS's 16x8 square.
egye30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:14 PM   #9
stinson
In Rust We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by egye30 View Post
welcome to max man, 4 doors ftw

what kind of idle problems? almost alll e30s have whacky idle problems at some point in their lives with some variations of symptoms. Anything from Vaccum leaks, bad MAFs, and/or idle valves (my scenario with my old m20) , or even crank/o2 sensors, check the plugs and wires too, or even the distributor.. as they have all been some of many culprits of idle problems with some e30s.

looks like a good bang for your buck, congrats, i will see you around once mine's back on the road

it idles awesome now! a little bit of a burp here and there but nothing like it was before, i went up one day before i bought it and we screwed around with some stuff, flipped the afm and that seemed to have changed it quite a bit, and wiggled some plugs and whatnot!
Old 03-31-2012, 08:24 PM   #10
stinson
In Rust We Trust

So today with this nice weather again i took it upon myself to clean the disgusting interior, i unfortunately did not take before pictures, as i was honestly ashamed because it was so nasty.

After a while of giving er shit, so much coffee staining and neglect of being cleaned.

Zip tie door handle for good measures!

Interior after putting in my volkswagen floor mats and cleaning every square inch.

And one of her just sittin pretty Not too sure on plate position yet, kinda feel it gives it a ghetto look

All in all it makes the car feel sooooo much better in every way, rather than sitting in a dirt bag
Old 04-01-2012, 12:42 AM   #11
Wuzie
2nd Gear Member

If I were you, I'd put the plate in the stock location. Cover the ugly no filler thing you have there lol.

And if youre gonna do the jdm style plate, atleast put it straight or run no plate at all and get a german plate like me!

Welcome btw, nice car especially if the wheels came with it, congratz. Hope to see this fellow 4 door around town
Old 04-01-2012, 01:01 AM   #12
stinson
In Rust We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuzie View Post
If I were you, I'd put the plate in the stock location. Cover the ugly no filler thing you have there lol.

And if youre gonna do the jdm style plate, atleast put it straight or run no plate at all and get a german plate like me!

Welcome btw, nice car especially if the wheels came with it, congratz. Hope to see this fellow 4 door around town
yea, i have just currently sprayed that spot, i want to do a rear bumper trim on the front, shave signals and relocate, and yea i was gonna remount the plate somehow so its straight, but seeing as itll be a while till i start cleaning it up i figured i might as well rock "hoodride" haha

and id rock no front plate if i didnt just get a ticket for it a month ago with my shit beater regal you can see in the background in a picture
Old 04-01-2012, 10:44 AM   #13
MaxBell
Clint Eastwood

I've got a load of interior parts if you need anything. I also can source you some tan 4 door seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411 View Post
just letting this furom [*forum] know
MaxBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:45 AM   #14
cormier
6th Gear Member

Nice ride! Looks really good for what you paid -- I expected the body to be a lot worse when you said you needed some bodywork :p

Really nice wheels too lovin it

cormier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #15
jeremy
6th Gear Member

Nice buy.....rockers looked worked on. Please put the plate back.
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: