Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-15-2012, 11:59 PM   #1
BellaSignora
Green Light Instigator

335i acting funny...

So now that i'm out of warranty Ive come to notice a few things

Car feels sluggish at slow speeds (low rpms) and when I am de-accelerating or stopping at a light I notice my rpms jumping up and then back down.

No service lights have come on and I am overdue on a sparkplug change.

Could this be what's causing it or should I be really worried.

I had the HPFP changed last spring and haven't had any other problems other than the engine temp gauge going on me in the fall.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Getting a little annoyed that it seems to end up in the shop every 6 months aside from regular stuff.

BMW lover for Life!
BellaSignora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:12 PM   #2
jaym3smg
M. Learn it.

Could be the sparks... or the fuel pump? Take it to a shop and get the codes checked. There are a lot of codes that get thrown that won't show up on your dash.

-J

jaym3smg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:00 PM   #3
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

my rpms running funny too, but nothing special, im at 23000 kms waiting if it will get worse.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:49 PM   #4
shugalou
2nd Gear Member

Maf?
shugalou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:26 PM   #5
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Vanos solenoids are the usual culprits for the slightly bouncy tach needle at idle, like the needle has too many grande starbucks. I'll recommend you to immediately change your plugs, and definitely look into doing your ignition coils. A shop that can check smooth running values is what you need (we can read them and diagnose your issue if you like.). You will get a code once an item or system has failed, may be starting out. JaySMG is right as well, there is static codes that get stuck in the memory causing the light to come on meaning they are currently needing to get taken care of and there are faults that come up and if it happens at a low frequency once in a blue moon the light may not stay on or even emit. That is why having a code reader can only do so much, if there's no codes then you go into smooth running values.

As per factory replacement, and oil change must be done with the solenoids. Hope this helps you N5x guys out.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction

Last edited by Jon@Bimmersport; 03-21-2012 at 03:31 PM.
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: