Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-08-2012, 10:05 AM   #1
frankie591
3rd Gear Member

e30 driveshaft rebuild

Anybody know of any southern ontario shops that have experience rebuilding e30 driveshafts? My u-joints are a little notchy, and I want to have mine rebuilt and balanced, and I don't want to have to buy a 600 dollar shaft out of the states.

Thanks
frankie591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:33 AM   #2
karmatose
164.3ci Of Fury

There's a shop in London on the corner of Wilton Grove Rd and Commerce Rd that will do what you're after. I'm taking mine there at some point soon.

Edit: http://www.london-drive-systems.com/

Last edited by karmatose; 03-08-2012 at 11:37 AM.
karmatose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #3
frankie591
3rd Gear Member

Found a place in breslau called Delta Truck that deals mainly with driveshafts for large trucks, but they have experience with older bmw driveshafts too. The price of the rebuild is fair, at $300 including the 2 spicer u-joints and a new center bearing including a balance. I will update with results once I have the driveshaft back in the car.

In my searching, it seemed like most places online wanted $4-600 for a rebuilt shaft, so going local seems like the right option considering that if I run into balance problems I can have it fixed without having to ship a driveshaft back to the states.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:46 AM   #4
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

This is good information as that shop is only a 10 minute drive from my house. BMW Waterloo is also relocating to just a few hundred meters down the road from that shop. All the parts I need are coming closer to me... it must be a sign.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:08 AM   #5
msinger
3rd Gear Member

ya we have a good truck shop up here in Ottawa that specializes in drivetrains for heavy trucks as well. They're always good to me.
msinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:49 AM   #6
frankie591
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
This is good information as that shop is only a 10 minute drive from my house. BMW Waterloo is also relocating to just a few hundred meters down the road from that shop. All the parts I need are coming closer to me... it must be a sign.
I live by conestoga mall, so the dealership is gonna be further away for me, but for the amount of stuff I actually get from them, it won't make too much of a difference. I guess this was I can stop by the peelers on victoria on my way to the dealer
Old 07-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #7
Max_VQ
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie591 View Post
Found a place in breslau called Delta Truck that deals mainly with driveshafts for large trucks, but they have experience with older bmw driveshafts too. The price of the rebuild is fair, at $300 including the 2 spicer u-joints and a new center bearing including a balance. I will update with results once I have the driveshaft back in the car.
How did you make out at Delta? I may need my driveshaft rebuilt soon and would like to use someplace local.
Max_VQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:46 AM   #8
frankie591
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_VQ View Post
How did you make out at Delta? I may need my driveshaft rebuilt soon and would like to use someplace local.
It took a long time to get mine balanced because they didn't have a way to mount the guibo end in their balancer, but they got a piece machined to be able to do them. If they still have it, they should be able to balance it up pretty easily.

They rebuilt mine with greasable staked in u-joints and I haven't had problems thus far.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: