Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Ontario
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-03-2012, 12:46 AM   #1
tehskeo
CEL Magnet

Cluster light bulbs

Hey all, My gague cluster has a few burnt out bulbs. I could live with it for awhile but now there are a few burnt out and I'd like to replace them.

Does anyone know where I can find them other than a dealer? I refuse to pay $6+/bulb, especially when I'm replacing a bunch.

Is there a retail store or supplier? Perhaps an online retailer? I know US sites sell for cheap, but the $50 shipping/duties kills it.

realoem: http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...08&hg=62&fg=05

edit: also looking for interior bulbs!

Thanks,
-Skeo

Last edited by tehskeo; 03-03-2012 at 12:56 AM.
tehskeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #2
blk3
4th Gear Member

for the bigger bulbs for the lighting of the gauges you can use 194 bulbs. they work and they are a little bit brighter. the smaller ones i just replaced with oem bulbs. just replace whats blown. its not like its a big deal to remove the cluster.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:20 PM   #3
kenmar
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk3 View Post
for the bigger bulbs for the lighting of the gauges you can use 194 bulbs. they work and they are a little bit brighter.
You do have to make sure that the 194 bulbs are not more than 3w. If they are, you might start melting some of the plastic in the cluster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk3 View Post
its not like its a big deal to remove the cluster.
True, it's not a big deal to remove the cluster, but it was a PITA to get the connectors back on to reinstall because the wiring harness doesn't have much free play at all!

I just replaced the 3 main back light bulbs and the 2 turn signal bulbs last weekend. It cost me almost $40 after tax! Maybe I should have gotten them from Maranello Mike instead. After putting everything back together, my odometer bulbs just burnt out! To avoid doing this job more than once in the car's lifetime, I would recommend replacing the 3 big bulbs, the 2 turn signal bulbs and the odometer bulbs as a minimum. You might also consider the parking brake light too if you idle your car a lot with the lights on (for a stick shift that is).
kenmar is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: